My pet doesnt level up with me? o_O;

Valshaina - Sanctuary
Valshaina - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
When I bought my crystalline magmite, it was only 2 levels under me... and... I dont know if this is the same for all of you but-- I'm on lvl 31, and my magmite is on level 20 xD;

So despite magmites meaning to be tanks, it deals VERY little damage. o__o and obviously, very hard to level up.

Are there other ways to level up, or, what can I do about this? b:shutup
Post edited by Valshaina - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Make sure its fed, so its loyalty is high enough to gain exp. Supposedly somtimes exp bugs and reverting it back to an egg then resummoning fixes it.

Magmites are one of the stronger normal pets in the game btw, so your very little damage claim is kinda surprising, maybe just because it's so far behind in level...

I suggest making sure its loyalty is above 500(if its still not gaining exp, rehatch it), then going back to kill mobs its own level, so you can level it as quick as possible.
  • CHOOO - Sanctuary
    CHOOO - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    do you use other pets too?
    probably you've been doing quests, you gain exp from them but your pet doesnt, the only think you can do about it is grind, i got my magmite when i was 37, so i had to lvl it up 20 lvls, after that it lvl up with me
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    also "tank" does not = high damage. tank = high defense.

with that said golem has more attack than herc, herc being the best tank, golem being the best half and half.