pure int mae, pvp advantages?

dgmucher
dgmucher Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Wizard
ARe there any advantages in pure for pvp. I want to create a pure int mage from begining to end, with highest possible magic, but i like to pvp. Are there any pvp advantaes for a pure mage?
Post edited by dgmucher on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes. Yes indeedy.

Highest magic spike damage of any class. In fact, they repeatedly take dumps on FACs, with deliberation. Seriously. I think I saw some carrot in there.

Expect to be very squishy though. Very squishy indeed. But yeah, you won't get good until late game.. but once you have the smexy gear and the high level, you'll be hard core... but squishy hard core.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Let me put it like this:

Before I re-statted to Pure, I was only doing 300 ish damage to BMs and Barbs.

Now,I can do 700-800. Me and a friend were just PvPing for fun outside of western arch. There were these two lvl 50 BMs who kept attacking my cleric friend while she was otherwise engaged, so I sandstormed one of them. He took 800 damage, panicked, and then ran back into safe zone. His friend? Same story.

I began to laugh.

One of the ones who I attacked then PM'd me, saying "Let's attack the Wiz together."

My reply?

"I AM the Wiz."

Then it became a game of hilarity, in which one of them would run out of safe, get Sandstormed, and then run back.

Once, both of them ran out. Sandstorm critted one for a kill, and my cleric friend distracted the other so I could get off a Stone Rain. He retreated to safe zone.

We kept this up for a good hour.

Then, I got bored and got Yansheng to come to the party. Then they threatened to report me, so there went that idea. :/

But yeah, Pure mage is nice. Just save 200k in coins, and buy a bronze guardian and spirit charm. It'll come in handy.

Also, can anyone clarify the rules on luring bosses? I know you can't bring them to safe zones, but is it illegal to just have them follow you around for the lulz?
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lvl41 restated O.o....

Well, yeah sure, wait till u see a archer flying around and u will experience the REAL fun.
    b:laugh
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Let me put it like this:

Before I re-statted to Pure, I was only doing 300 ish damage to BMs and Barbs.

Now,I can do 700-800. Me and a friend were just PvPing for fun outside of western arch. There were these two lvl 50 BMs who kept attacking my cleric friend while she was otherwise engaged, so I sandstormed one of them. He took 800 damage, panicked, and then ran back into safe zone. His friend? Same story.

I began to laugh.

One of the ones who I attacked then PM'd me, saying "Let's attack the Wiz together."

My reply?

"I AM the Wiz."

Then it became a game of hilarity, in which one of them would run out of safe, get Sandstormed, and then run back.

Once, both of them ran out. Sandstorm critted one for a kill, and my cleric friend distracted the other so I could get off a Stone Rain. He retreated to safe zone.

We kept this up for a good hour.

Then, I got bored and got Yansheng to come to the party. Then they threatened to report me, so there went that idea. :/

But yeah, Pure mage is nice. Just save 200k in coins, and buy a bronze guardian and spirit charm. It'll come in handy.

Also, can anyone clarify the rules on luring bosses? I know you can't bring them to safe zones, but is it illegal to just have them follow you around for the lulz?

...But that's at low levels. There's more or less NO POINT to using LA at low levels, because:

A. the extra defense isn't going to make that much of a difference when you have like 1000hp

B. You need all the damage and mana you can get so you can level at a decent rate.

Besides, those must be the most horrible BM's I've ever seen if 1600 damage (on a crit) can kill them at level 50. My friend's level ~40 BM has like 3k HP - and that's with basic merchant gear and no gems or + whatsoever. If those BM's were really level 50, they could just bum rush you and you'd be dead before you even got one of them past half-life. Sandstorm is a relatively slow-casting spell, and BM's have interrupt skills.
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ...But that's at low levels. There's more or less NO POINT to using LA at low levels, because:

A. the extra defense isn't going to make that much of a difference when you have like 1000hp

B. You need all the damage and mana you can get so you can level at a decent rate.

Besides, those must be the most horrible BM's I've ever seen if 1600 damage (on a crit) can kill them at level 50. My friend's level ~40 BM has like 3k HP - and that's with basic merchant gear and no gems or + whatsoever. If those BM's were really level 50, they could just bum rush you and you'd be dead before you even got one of them past half-life. Sandstorm is a relatively slow-casting spell, and BM's have interrupt skills.

Do you even pvp as a wizard? A good wizard eats BM's like a midnight stoner snack. Even in duels, where a bm has the advantage, a good wizard owns them every time. The only bm's that give me trouble are the ones with lots of vit or in general a high hp total. But I can also survive a bm stunlock np, distance shrink, gush, sandstorm, pick whatever spell you want = dead bm.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    but sadly alter marrow magic kinda screws us, atleast at lower levels before manifest virtue/undine combo.... but after that, it all returns to the natural order, lol, if ur pure anyways
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I still do 1k a gush even with altar marrow..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    compared to what without it though bro?
  • WizGandalf - Lost City
    WizGandalf - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Water dragon single sparked works just as well for a 1 hitter.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    maybe for a stealth attack, but a smart player will always interupt that **** as soon as they see the spark
  • dgmucher
    edited February 2009
    thks that really inspired me to be a pure mage. How much spirit does it take to up undine strike?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dgmucher wrote: »
    thks that really inspired me to be a pure mage. How much spirit does it take to up undine strike?

1 million spirit, 20 apocalypse pages and 10 medium ink.
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, At Level 60 the diff between La and Pure int damage is:

LA gives 150-200 less pvp damage, And about 1k pve damage

A Level 52 barb dealed me first with 300 damage with LA gear and 700 damage with Arcane gear.

I couldn't stand Pure int build for a dayb:bye
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Even in duels, where a bm has the advantage, .

Any credibility you had was lost there bro.
    Duels = ****.
    World PvP a BM will eat a robe mage alive unless caught offguard with physical alter on.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Any credibility you had was lost there bro.
    Duels = ****.
    World PvP a BM will eat a robe mage alive unless caught offguard with physical alter on.

I didn't say just in duels, I said even in duels where they have the advantage. Your not doing something right if your losing to bm's. In tw, bm's eventually stop attacking me because they know its pointless and I kill them everytime. That's 90% of bm's I've ever fought.
  • dgmucher
    edited February 2009
    is it smart to start a full int build in lost city
    (pvp) server? I heard that light is most suitable for pvp, but what about full int?
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would say it depends on when and how much you decide to PvP. If often i would say light is better, if not often or don't plan to till late in the game, might as well stay robe and decide later. I just switched last level to LA and the PVe is terrible compared to robe but for PvP, it's been fantastic
    b:bye
  • dgmucher
    edited February 2009
    till late in the game? how late is that?
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dgmucher wrote: »
    till late in the game? how late is that?

Late game is like... level 70 and above.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Late game is like... level 70 and above.

More like 90, lol.

Edit: Unless you really really gear yourself out.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
This discussion has been closed.