Male Venos (your opinion?)

Options
Kezrien - Sanctuary
Kezrien - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
DO WANT! Q.Q I wanna make my Ritsuka-kun.
Post edited by Kezrien - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Never gonna happen, theres already like 100 threads about this.
  • KaiKaname - Heavens Tear
    KaiKaname - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lmao male veno = ****, girly boy NO OFFENSEb:shutup
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lmao male veno = ****, girly boy NO OFFENSEb:shutup

Adding "No Offense" to the end of a line doesn't magically make it any less offensive.

That said, I'd disagree. Having played Final Fantasy XI, which had male and female beastmasters (closest job to veno), male beastmasters were free to be as manly as female beastmasters were to be girly.

But, as mentioned, it's never going to happen anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KaiKaname - Heavens Tear
    KaiKaname - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    FInal Fantasy is whole big different world :P
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Venomancers are 'Yao Jing'.

According to Chinese folklore, Yao Jing are traditionally fox spirits (female) who seduce men.

Why would a guy want to be a Yao Jing? b:chuckle
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Kezrien - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Never gonna happen, theres already like 100 threads about this.

I just figured that- since there may be an expansion of sorts soon- they'd maybe consider putting them in. =p

Not only guys play guys, bzbee. I'd enjoy playing a male "seductress".

O.o I'm sure there are people who also want to make female Barbarians, too, ne? The ones into Furries and whatnot.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Posting in the 874,539th thread about this subject.

Get over it. If it happens, it happens. If not, oh well. You're supposed to be out killing things and gaining levels and loot anyway, not standing around checking out your character. If all you play for are the pretty pixels, there are 1000's of other ways to do it.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just figured that- since there may be and expansion of sorts soon- they'd maybe consider putting them in. =p

Not only guys play guys, bzbee. I'd enjoy playing a make "seductress".

O.o I'm sure there are people who also want to make female Barbarians, too, ne? The ones into Furries and whatnot.

I know not only guys play guys LOL. My bf is starting a fox veno and he's played female toons in our other games.

And as a female I have no interest in playing barbs unless they make them prettier. b:chuckle

• Aerieath - Heavens Tear
    Aerieath - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Male veno? All i can think of is a wolf form male veno...

Well, they won't implement male venos into the game, i beliv... male "suductress" ... erh... who do u want to suduce btw? b:laugh

Not surprising tt many guys wanna play as female charc in the game, coz they are pretty...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote: Too many freaks, not enough circuses. b:scorn
  • Kezrien - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Male veno? All i can think of is a wolf form male veno...

Well, they won't implement male venos into the game, i beliv... male "suductress" ... erh... who do u want to suduce btw? b:laugh

Not surprising tt many guys wanna play as female charc in the game, coz they are pretty...

I like to pretend I can make the world fall in love with me.
  • wikkid86
    wikkid86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bzbee wrote: »
    Venomancers are 'Yao Jing'.

According to Chinese folklore, Yao Jing are traditionally fox spirits (female) who seduce men.

Why would a guy want to be a Yao Jing? b:chuckle

Well a "Yao Jing" in this game, is basically a double threat in most cases.. You get the Veno as a DD and the Pet as a DD creating a dinamic diabolic duo. Guess it's why we level so fast. b:laugh
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    other than the part about yao jing being creatures that seduce men,
    male veno's removes the excuse for ppl to use fmale character when they are actually guys....
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    Options
    male veno's removes the excuse for ppl to use fmale character when they are actually guys....

Considering the number of guys I've met in games who play female characters despite having an option to play the same class as a male, I don't think that excuse works. b:chuckle

• LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bzbee wrote: »
    Considering the number of guys I've met in games who play female characters despite having an option to play the same class as a male, I don't think that excuse works. b:chuckle

damn... in that case i should have become a wizard as i wanted...
    oh well, i can't be bothered lvling from lvl 1 anyway, and veno's is actually not bad anyway b:laugh
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what would a male veno even look like? ears and tails like the females? that's a little faggy in my opinion. not saying there is anything wrong with being **** but.. eh idk.
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its not actually **** but its just.... revolting....
    (BTW i thought chinese mythology actually have male werefoxes, just that they are suppose to be stupid and only think about how to get themselvse fed...)
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Since you brought it up, should gals only play female characters when that option is available?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazblackferret
    tazblackferret Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with a guy playing a veno since it is the only beast controlling class that can't be made into a male
  • Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary
    Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think the issue is the female players wanting to play as "scantily-clad men" (as I would enjoy) or wanting to play as "scary beast muscle" females, as I would enjoy. I'm sure all of these threads are about how female players are sick of the "eyecandy" and want some of their own. Or want the option of being a female character who is not exposed.
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes heavens tear if the class has the option for the guy to be a guy then i would say they should be a guy venom is not the cast b/c it is exclusive to females
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes heavens tear if the class has the option for the guy to be a guy then i would say they should be a guy venom is not the cast b/c it is exclusive to females

Why should they have to do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b/c unless they admit to being a guy like most don't then its wrong to play with peoples minds
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b/c unless they admit to being a guy like most don't then its wrong to play with peoples minds

When do they have to admit they are a guy? Before or after you hit on them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    who said anything about hitting anybody i've seen it first hand in a previous a game where a guy pretended to be a girl and got this guy to help him with everything b/c he new the guy like him so yeah pretending to be a girl is wrong when u are a guy
    edited February 2009
    Options
    who said anything about hitting anybody i've seen it first hand in a previous a game where a guy pretended to be a girl and got this guy to help him with everything b/c he new the guy like him so yeah pretending to be a girl is wrong when u are a guy

I said "hitting on" not "hitting".

So, because someone let himself be lead around by the nose because he thought the person playing the character was a girl, guys shouldn't play female characters at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    did u even read the previous post i said unless they admit there a guy b/c its my opinion alone that they should be a guy if there a guy so stop giving me **** when u asked for an opinion and i gave one
    edited February 2009
    Options
    did u even read the previous post i said unless they admit there a guy b/c its my opinion alone that they should be a guy if there a guy so stop giving me **** when u asked for an opinion and i gave one

No, I just quote your posts in mine for no reason at all.b:chuckle

Of course I read them : that's why I quote them when responding to them.

You stated they shouldn't unless they state they are a guy.

I wanted to know why.

You said because someone allowed themselves to be lead around and did things for the "girl".

I responded with "So, because someone let himself be lead around by the nose because he thought the person playing the character was a girl, guys shouldn't play female characters at all?"

That last one is giving you ****?

Let me rephrase it for you ::

So, because someone let himself be lead around by the nose because he thought the person playing the female character was a girl, guys shouldn't play female characters at all unless they state they are a guy?

Which brings me back to an earlier point :: at what point do they need to state they are a guy in order to play a female character?

That isn't giving you ****, that's asking a valid question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its just my opinion i wouldn't care if a guy pretended to be a girl if they didn't take advantage of people in the process
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its just my opinion i wouldn't care if a guy pretended to be a girl if they didn't take advantage of people in the process

So, if it's a girl doing that it's fine, but a guy it's not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this whole decussion was never about girls and no its not right for girls to do it either. but people are allowed to play the game the way that they want b/c its after all just a game i'm just giving my opinion