not able to see other characters

brisky
brisky Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I can't see most of the other characters until I'm right on top of them. I can often see their pets and sometimes the circle on the ground where they are, but the character is invisible. Makes it difficult when I'm gathering herbs or targeting monsters. This started a few days ago
Post edited by brisky on

Comments

• brisky
    edited February 2009
    Please someone help me. It makes it almost impossible to work with a squad when i can't even see the people i'm playing with.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    On the first image, see number 6: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/target
    6. Show/hide players outside the range limit.

Toggle that and you should be able to see all players.
  • brisky
    edited February 2009
    tried that..then all I can see is the names...this is only happening on Heavens Tear,and it just started a few days ago before that it was fine. On sanctuary everything is visible.
  • jtook
    jtook Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've got the same problem. Also my 'flying' icon disappeared and i can't access it anymore. Bloody annoying.
  • Orgath - Sanctuary
    Orgath - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Same problem over here... Very hard to play with a squad if you can't even see your squad members!
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    jtook wrote: »
    I've got the same problem. Also my 'flying' icon disappeared and i can't access it anymore. Bloody annoying.

Press E - you will find your flying icon there again.

To the OP - you probably need to increase your viewing distances, using the System Settings options. Any time that you turn on Best Performance mode it reduces the distances the game will render and also set the game to show players only when they are within this distance.
  • jtook
    jtook Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thank's, Belial, i can see the icon now...do i get the "Dumbest question of the month award " for that!? :-)

As for seeing other players, i'm still having problems, even after messing with the viewing distances. Very annoying!!
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, me too. The issue began after the update patch to version 80. Trying the system settings, but haven't had any success yet!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Any of you tried a verify from the launcher yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Please run a Verify from the launcher, and check the in-game settings menu. Specifically, the second tab's Proxy Visual and Distance settings.

If the problem persists, please rename the C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata folder to userdata_old, and run another Verify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.