Lv 3 Icedragon Or Lv 2 Blade Temptest?

ShadowDrag - Lost City
ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
i have enough money for 1 of them, whic one? lv 2 tempest or lv 3 ice dragon?
-thx in advance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ShadowDrag - Lost City on

Comments

• VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I used BT more so i vote that. I use sutra combo's on heavies, rarely dragon. I almost always use BT on robes. Never really use either in PvE though on bosses i throw them in to make killing it look cooler, and in that case i still chose BT
    b:bye
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I used BT more so i vote that. I use sutra combo's on heavies, rarely dragon. I almost always use BT on robes. Never really use either in PvE though on bosses i throw them in to make killing it look cooler, and in that case i still chose BT

You have to be in close to do a BT though, right? I'd probably be too worried about building too much aggro or getting smacked with a particularly nasty short-range AoE (not sure if bosses later on have those, since I'm only 46).

Either way, I think I'd be the kind of person to get 1 level of all the spells just to have something new to look at every now and then :) Guess that depends on how expensive they really are, though.
  • Ihascrayon - Lost City
    Ihascrayon - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    BT b:victory, that is just coming from a lvl 20 so... don't pay much attention to this one b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life has no color without a trusty CRAYON!!!!!!!!! b:chuckle

Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit....
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    BladeTempest its used against 4 classes for a one shoot and water dragon should never be used against an aware BM or Barb if it should be used at all..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You have to be in close to do a BT though, right? I'd probably be too worried about building too much aggro or getting smacked with a particularly nasty short-range AoE (not sure if bosses later on have those, since I'm only 46).

Either way, I think I'd be the kind of person to get 1 level of all the spells just to have something new to look at every now and then :) Guess that depends on how expensive they really are, though.
    They are really expensive. It's over 100K a piece to raise from lvl 1 to lvl 2. XD

I like BT because it does both mag and phys dmg. But I also like ID because... IT'S A FRAKKIN DRAGON MAN!! Oh and never, EVER build up Mountain Seize. Very lame attack and has the smallest aoe of the 3 atks... I think.
  • xenophobe
    xenophobe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Blade Tempest is the most "all-purpose" of the AoEs. It damages robes very nicely, and light armors pretty well. Dragon will outdamage it on heavies and light armors, but it's a lot harder to cast without being noticed. In fact, dragon outside of TW is fairly rare.

You only have enough SP/money to max one ultimate at a time, generally, so pick one and just keep going with it. It's up to your preferences which one you max first. To be clear, BT has more all-around use.

Mountain's Seize isn't bad per se, it's just not better than the other two and should be one of the last skills you max.
This discussion has been closed.