Snowmen, Roses, Chocolates....and players left out of the fun

FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I really have to complain to the devs and GMs on both the valentine and the snowman games, on a number of counts

-both had many glitches, which kept players from the fun

-both are set up for only lvs 40 on up. why? are the new players not good enough? why have they been excluded from both games?

-what is a player to do, when her husband is a lower level player? my IRL family plays this game, and while i am a 47, because i have more time to play, my husband and son do not, and are much lower levels, and so, cut out of the event. i thought at least i could make the chocolate, and give it to him tonight, but when i tried, i was not allowed to trade it to him. next, i tried to drop it on the ground...couldnt do that either. so, here we were, our first Valentines day in the so called "Perfect World", and i was not even allowed to give him the valentine candy i had made for him. he was not able to give me flowers, because he could not get to the ridiculously tiny patch (and i am as glad for that, not wanting him to be killed by some damnfool idots who pull bosses for laughs at the great expense of others). but because of this arbitrary rule that only lv40s up are permitted to play games here, my family has been effectivly cut out of two events.

in the future, please make events inclusive of all players. its only fair and just thing to do.

(btw, now i am stuck with two chocolates, and some honey that i cannot drop, sell, store....what the hell am i do to with them? have them cluttering up my pack till the day i delete the character??)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
"Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
Playing here since '08b:heart
Post edited by FoxRunning - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LegoverLass - Heavens Tear
    LegoverLass - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the "snowmen" were available for anyone to shoot b:victory
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    tried if theyre sellable to an npc? cause if thats not possible either then eh, something is VERY wrong here.
    As for the level 40 requirement, i think that's because of a concern that players don't cheat by making tons of new characters to profit more times a day from the event. But in this case there's no reason to worry bout that since everything is untradable and the rosebush..
  • Bandages - Sanctuary
    Bandages - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well to get rid of my ribbons from the v-day quest, i just sold them to an npc.

opened up the trade menu and popped them in. didn't get anything for them but they're gone now.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Indeed
    b:victory
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    in fact, i did try to sell the left over honey in a catshop, and it wouldnt work. i just tried selling it to an NPC, and that did work...and is, in my opinion, a totally sick end to this valentine fiasco. i cant give the candy to my husband, but can sell it for a few measily coins to a souless NPC.

so my husband is still left out of the fun...yet again. too many things are geared to reward the level 40+ player, and leave my family, who dont have the time to run up their characters, out of the prize, gifts and so on.

there are many things good about this wonderful things, but lets let the new players in on the fun too...exclusion is hurtful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • dougdread
    dougdread Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Honestly I have played for about 8 days now and am lvl 34 almost 35.

The leveling here is much quicker than other games (WoW even if they made leveling much faster in recent expansions)

There are plenty of quests to get to 40 fast, and I am not even playing hardcore or anything like that.

The content for less than 40 players is there.

Less time on forums complaining about everyone else who is having fun doing things you don't agree with (and expect results from GMs immediately for some reason by the spamming of the flowers pulling), and more time helping your husband get to 40 might be warrented.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    -both are set up for only lvs 40 on up. why? are the new players not good enough? why have they been excluded from both games?
    My sister went from level 1 to level 34 pretty much just killing snowmen. That event was killer for low level players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Evilixx - Heavens Tear
    Evilixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes there are plenty of normal quests for the under 40 crowd. While it can be disheartning not getting the prizes, the under 40 crowd doesnt need the xp boost. After lvl 40 the 2 or 3 quests you get dont level you up. You have to grind or do daily's a couple times just to get the next lvl.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wait a sec, lemme get this straight.
    You want to give your husband virtual candy and you cant because his level is to low and now ur calling the event bad?
    Am I missing the part where he is sitting right next to you in the room? a kiss and a hug would be way better than virtual candy.

Game events are for EXP, not for love/emotions/etc. Playing this game is for exp and coins and chatting about nonense with ppl from around the world. It's not a dating sim or a virtual world like second life.

The owners of PW *want* the players to lvl up and spend more time playing the game so they will be forced into buying items from the mall. This is a service where they make money and we try to have some fun at it.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Jewel is hungry!!!! He's saying "FEED ME VIRGINS AND NOOBS... FEED ME VIRGINS AND NOOBS... FEED ME VIRGINS AND NOOBS"..... Keep pickin' those roses! ^^b:laugh

All your NOOBS are belong to Jewel!!!!
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Jewel is hungry!!!! He's saying "FEED ME VIRGINS AND NOOBS... FEED ME VIRGINS AND NOOBS... FEED ME VIRGINS AND NOOBS"..... Keep pickin' those roses! ^^b:laugh

I love you.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    some people like to work on projects themselves, and not have someone else do it for them, especially men. we tried that in the past, on other games, and he didnt like at all my 'interfering' with his game. as for why he is not a higher level, he is a full time English teacher, with literally thousands of papers and things to grade each quarter. he is responsible, and puts his work before play, so most often it can be days before he can spend a couple hours playing.

and answering the post below this one, guess what? when you love someone, you take many different ways to express it. my husband loves to pick me up ingame, and take me for a 'bounce', since he doesnt have his flying mount yet, and we play together. so of course i would be dissapointed at not being able to give him the candy we are supposed to give to our valentines.

bottom line for me is- i have a husband who is consiencious, a hard worker, and sweet enough to take his meager spare time to play online with me. of course i want to do something special for him! when i can, i want to get him the best cash shop outfit and sword i can, but i wanted to be able to share this event with him now, and feel it was not fair that i could not even give the candy, but a stupid NPC could.

Yes there are plenty of normal quests for the under 40 crowd. While it can be disheartning not getting the prizes, the under 40 crowd doesnt need the xp boost. After lvl 40 the 2 or 3 quests you get dont level you up. You have to grind or do daily's a couple times just to get the next lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • dougdread
    dougdread Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    some people like to work on projects themselves, and not have someone else do it for them, especially men. we tried that in the past, on other games, and he didnt like at all my 'interfering' with his game. as for why he is not a higher level, he is a full time English teacher, with literally thousands of papers and things to grade each quarter. he is responsible, and puts his work before play, so most often it can be days before he can spend a couple hours playing.

and answering the post below this one, guess what? when you love someone, you take many different ways to express it. my husband loves to pick me up ingame, and take me for a 'bounce', since he doesnt have his flying mount yet, and we play together. so of course i would be dissapointed at not being able to give him the candy we are supposed to give to our valentines.

bottom line for me is- i have a husband who is consiencious, a hard worker, and sweet enough to take his meager spare time to play online with me. of course i want to do something special for him! when i can, i want to get him the best cash shop outfit and sword i can, but i wanted to be able to share this event with him now, and feel it was not fair that i could not even give the candy, but a stupid NPC could.

I have an idea, as a gesture of love for valentines, you log on his character and level his **** to 40. Then he will enjoy the benefit of questing with you, you will enjoy his quality time, and the GMs can enjoy not hearing about someone wanting the game catered to her special needs.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's mostly to prevent people from using their mules and stuff =.=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009

It's also a bannable offense to lure any boss there.

To the person who stated "anyone could shoot snowmen" : so what? As one of the players who did that I will tell you it got boring as hell. Questing is a lot funner than running around killing snowmen and listening to people whine about people using bows.

To other people telling the OP to play her husband's account :: not everyone wants someone else to play the game for them.

To the people pointing out "they're in the same room" :: So what? That means nothing, or are you trying to claim that they don't have the right to do it in the game world as well? Seriously, dictating to other people how they show their affection to their S.O. is beyond stupid.
    dougdread wrote: »
    I have an idea, as a gesture of love for valentines, you log on his character and level his **** to 40. Then he will enjoy the benefit of questing with you, you will enjoy his quality time, and the GMs can enjoy not hearing about someone wanting the game catered to her special needs.

I have an idea, instead of hitting yourself with the stupid bat every other minute, stop and consider that people have their own accounts because they don't necessarily want someone else playing the game for them. That way people won't have to read the idiocy you call an "idea".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]