St. valentines day massacre

Options
2»

Comments

• XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Weird, I see these screenshots, and can't help but this how *awesome* this event is. Perfect example of how people can't work together for scare resources. And a perfect example of how people can't exercise free will and... you know... NOT SHOW UP TO THE GARDEN IF THEY DON'T WANT TO BE KILLED.

Just for hilarity, this event gets a 10.
  • picture
    picture Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can you get more than 99 roses??? after one hour of clicking like crazy and my mousefinger has twice the size as normal b:chuckle and dying one time by juwelscalen i had 4 nice rosesb:angry just make it that a player can get 99 roses a day and not more so others can have a fair chance too.
    hey devs Valentine day is a day of peace and love and a game, specially an event, must be FUN and like most say ...its an irritating failure event.
  • Obesity - Heavens Tear
    Obesity - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    think of it this way... if theres a girl you really want to impress, nows your chance ^^ lol doesnt matter if you die farming a rose, if you want to show someone you care, exp doesnt really matter now does it ;) its always been about that special girl, unless ur some greedy b****** lol xD
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well PK is free for all. If you want to be smelling the roses you shouldnt be white named >.>'

Jewel is a different story however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    they were talking about ppl zhenning the LC roses I think
  • Pixydust - Heavens Tear
    Pixydust - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Y in the world is jewel so close to the rose bushes.. i was just helping a friend get roses and someone pullds jewel on top of them .. talk about being treated wrongi took a few screenshots of it too..
  • Obesity - Heavens Tear
    Obesity - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    most likely, if that person cant get it, then he doesnt want the others to get it. or the person is just doing it for laughs while hearing others complain >.<
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I cannot stop laughing it's so funny how closely the event mimics real life in this instance.

Priceless! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    valetine pigments is random dies
  • xenkun
    xenkun Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the fact of the matter is this... if your lvl 90+ with aoe attacks = this quest is easy for you.... if your lvl 40 with weak aoe = this quest you might as well go ahead and stab yourself in the head to try to impress any girl you might encounter... honestly, its like the GM's made this event into a one sided joke, and everyone is the fool here.... why not just point and laugh at us while your at it eh? or better yet, let the jewul dragon do it for you hm? great way to lose faith in a game....

For a day of love and happiness, there shouldnt be this kind of stuff going on, and only way to fix it is to create a safe-zone around your roses area, expand the rose area to around 5 meters long and increase the rate of respawn for the flowers... thats that....
  • raikiridragon
    raikiridragon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you guys know its been 5 pages and not a single GM/dev/admin has said anything. frankly i dont think they give a damn lol.
  • iruine
    iruine Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    notice how its the high lvl players who say they didnt mind the glitch.

ya know, the pple who had a bettr chance to survive
  • Tategami - Lost City
    Tategami - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why didn't the GMs just make the freaking rose patch and honey combs into Safe Zones? The massacre at the flowers is much worse than at the honeycombs, but getting PK'd like 10 times over something you can harvest infinitely? Really? They went there?

Make the harvest spots safe zones - if you can handle a glitch that screwed up in-game economy (sounds like real life to me), you can make those squares on the grid into safe zones for a couple weeks.
  • Antalya - Lost City
    Antalya - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'd like to thank PWE for the worst Valentine's Day ever.

I spent all day with my boyfriend first doing world quest and then we thought it'd be really fun and sweet to go do this Valentine's Day quest. I went and got my honey, he went and got his quest, and then we flew over to the rose patch....

AND WELL IT FRIGGIN SUCKED BALLS!

We get there, and the first thing that happens. Conqueror is camped out there throwing aoe's down on people for about an hour. There was this brief 20-30 minutes of people atleast being semi fair to each other before BloodLust got there and simply took over.

After something like 8 friggin HOURS, he finally got the 99 stupid roses.

Then we go and do this thing and realized in order to get anything decent at all...we have to do this again atleast THREE more times. b:angry

**** THAT!

Seriously, GM's...I normally enjoy the events and do them and be thankful for this extra thing we get to do, even if its a pain in the rear. But THIS was ridiculous.

How hard is it to make a temporary safezone? Btw, do you guys have brains at all? You had to see this coming for the LC server. Is this for your amusement after the Friday 13th mayhem?

I'm sorry I cant appreciate your sense of humor for this one. It seems like you're more into losing players than keeping them. But please, do continue to make craptastic events like this one. Maybe you'll just have a few hundred players left.

/Rant.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe if PWE played the game themselves, even just in their own spare time, they can see from a players POV and have a taste of their own medicine.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm actually glad it's in a pk zone.o.o
    I mean, the reward for it all is pretty big, and I thought it was fun trying to grab everything through the pking.=P

I got my honey in less than 5 minutes,
    and I 'helped' my bf get his roses before he woke up.=P
    Got 69 of em in about an hour.. =O
    He got the rest in about the same time I think.
    Over-all, it wasn't that bad, slightly annoying, but I had fun.xD
    Then again, I joined the pvp server for a reason.xD
  • jamser
    jamser Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    NO positive posts yet. What a great event b:irritated. Also seems very much a sexist quest. A good way to give us back some faith after Friday's fiasco, well done.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

i know it's wrong, but so dang hilarious b:laughb:laughb:laugh

its like a jewelscalen nest & he scared your pants off!
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm actually glad it's in a pk zone.o.o
    I mean, the reward for it all is pretty big, and I thought it was fun trying to grab everything through the pking.=P

I got my honey in less than 5 minutes,
    and I 'helped' my bf get his roses before he woke up.=P
    Got 69 of em in about an hour.. =O
    He got the rest in about the same time I think.
    Over-all, it wasn't that bad, slightly annoying, but I had fun.xD
    Then again, I joined the pvp server for a reason.xD

Hats off to you. If only the rest of the server were as level-headed and self-sufficient.
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol sounds like you guys had a great time on valentines day :P
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    another 'smart' thing about this event is that female characters can actually farm roses,even though they are useless to them,my 'favorite' was TINA who was bragging that she got about 300 of themb:angry,i'm starting to think that GM's wanted to make people angry at each other with tiny little rose garden,located near powerfull boss and males getting fraction of exp that females get while males have to get 99 roses for max reward,i hope that chest reward is worth all that hard work for us,although i'm not holding my breathb:sad