2 Cents 2 Dimes and a Quarter

Options
Saitada - Sanctuary
Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I look at the current state of the Sanctuary Gold market... lowest is 125k highest is 175k. Still well above the norm overall. I look around me at the sudden influx of lowbie players with expensive mounts, Legendary gear, Phoenix and Hercules pets that for some, I KNOW didn't have the coin for it because they were asking me just a cpl days ago what they could do to make coin.

When asked... "I got my mom to buy me 50 Zhen and I sold it for 600k ea"

Ok so the Zhen they sold was legitimate. The cash they got from selling it was NOT legitimate. Yet here they are with 10x the stuff they had before, not a single piece of which they could have afforded prior to this exploited bug.

Do tell me how this is fair? Hmmm? Would you please?

Now you tell me in what way is this fair to any of us who saw this **** for what it was and refused to be a party to an exploit or to profit from said exploit indirectly, fully expecting YOU, the GM's and DEV team to go "oh hell" stop the servers and do a rollback.

You should have done this. Not just the micro banning you did. You did NOT do enough or go far enough to fix this issue. And the sad part is. I doubt that you will. You have FAILED your customer base ( I being one that has injected over 1500 US into your company since I started playing).

I would like a reasonable response to this thread from a GM. I know you guys are reading these.

Your failure to do a rollback is w/o excuse.

~Saitada
Post edited by Saitada - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They made a bunch of money off of this exploit, I logged in and looked at gold trading..300k.. hmm ok..5 minutes later it exploded with 600k+ prices and 60+ gold on each sale, Arynnamage admitted there was a CASHSHOP ITEM EXPLOIT..But editted her post shortly after xarfox voted NO on a roll back poll.. I dont think GMs are taking the time to listen to realistic stuff, Instead they wanna make a cover up for everything.. Especially charm packs, major cover up by editting posts and stuff. Im still waiting to hear why they didn't do a roll back..
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They made a bunch of money off of this exploit, I logged in and looked at gold trading..300k.. hmm ok..5 minutes later it exploded with 600k+ prices and 60+ gold on each sale, Arynnamage admitted there was a CASHSHOP ITEM EXPLOIT..But editted her post shortly after xarfox voted NO on a roll back poll.. I dont think GMs are taking the time to listen to realistic stuff, Instead they wanna make a cover up for everything.. Especially charm packs, major cover up by editting posts and stuff. Im still waiting to hear why they didn't do a roll back..

I could have easily purchased $1000.00 worth of zhen between my several PWI accounts and made mad bank (and yes I have $1000.00 I can blow on a game in one fell swoop IF I wanted to dip into my funds). I didn't. Why? Because ONE LOOK told me something was screwed with the market and it told me there was an exploit running somewhere. Figuring the servers would be brought down and a rollback would take place, I did other things. My Bank Card stayed in my wallet.

People who profited from this exploit indirectly, are as guilty as those who did the exploit. They should be banned. The servers rolled back. All zhen returned to it's prior state (i.e. gold).

If the Zhen transactions are NOT done on a seperate server then PWI fails far more than I thought, only an IDIOT would have the transaction server on the game server. I honestly hope they are not THAT stupid.

~Saitada
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yesterday was a chance to make a statment. Too bad the statement made was that cheap shortcuts always win over honest work. PWI fails

They haven't made any attempt, as far as I can see, to explain why they didn't do a proper rollback. Now people are left to their assumptions about this, and I must say those assumptions are not very favorable to PWI as a whole. So again I ask, if there was a legitimate reason for taking this road then feel free to say. If not we are left with nothing more then to assume the more unfavorable reasons. You did make a lot of zhen sales yesterday after all.

And yes the GMs are reading these, and deleting any where people speak honestly. . . I hate to say it, but its just a matter of time till this one is gone too
    "Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you are unable to read this then I got banned for speaking the truth.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Haha nevermind. I guess I'm only locked out of that one thread =/
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hmm guess we didn't speak honestly enough sicne this thread is still here
    "Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I look at the current state of the Sanctuary Gold market... lowest is 125k highest is 175k. Still well above the norm overall. I look around me at the sudden influx of lowbie players with expensive mounts, Legendary gear, Phoenix and Hercules pets that for some, I KNOW didn't have the coin for it because they were asking me just a cpl days ago what they could do to make coin.

When asked... "I got my mom to buy me 50 Zhen and I sold it for 600k ea"

Ok so the Zhen they sold was legitimate. The cash they got from selling it was NOT legitimate. Yet here they are with 10x the stuff they had before, not a single piece of which they could have afforded prior to this exploited bug.

Do tell me how this is fair? Hmmm? Would you please?

Now you tell me in what way is this fair to any of us who saw this **** for what it was and refused to be a party to an exploit or to profit from said exploit indirectly, fully expecting YOU, the GM's and DEV team to go "oh hell" stop the servers and do a rollback.

You should have done this. Not just the micro banning you did. You did NOT do enough or go far enough to fix this issue. And the sad part is. I doubt that you will. You have FAILED your customer base ( I being one that has injected over 1500 US into your company since I started playing).

I would like a reasonable response to this thread from a GM. I know you guys are reading these.

Your failure to do a rollback is w/o excuse.

~Saitada
    And yet another one of Saitada's flame threads. b:shocked
    How about you go troll another game?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And yet another one of Saitada's flame threads. b:shocked
    How about you go troll another game?
    How about you grow up and go somewhere else. I don't see where anything i've written is a flame or troll. The only troll here is you.

Quick, come back and say something witty.. oh wait.. your a half wit.. ok half witty. Oh NM, you don't even have the intelligence to identify a serious questioning thread from a troll or flame.

~Saitada

*Decided to be nice. Don't know why. Maybe because having a battle of wits with an unarmed person just isn't my bag.
  • Houken - Sanctuary
    Houken - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think Saitada's an idiot but actually agree with him on this. No rollback will cause the collapse of the game. Obviously, everyone who plays won't quit but a large number of people are going to due to the unbalance that is happening. Sorry but I had the gold and money in rl as well to charge up and be a multimillionaire/w-e insane amount of money you'd like to call it, yet I did not do this, why? If you don't understand take a minute to use your brain and actually think about it.

PWI/PWE whatever they like to call themselves I would have expected to have more intelligence and understanding at what the aftereffects of allowing ANY of this illegitimate coin stay in the economy, which they apparently do not. You may say "Oh noone has quit yet we've solved this problem" but the players are giving you a couple days chance since this is a holiday weekend etc. to fix this, but I really hope you are prepared for massive amounts of people leaving due to being unable to trust any future decision you make since they're only made on behalf of the amount of money you make and **** the honest players of your game.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think Saitada's an idiot but actually agree with him on this.
    Highly opinionated yes. Smart **** yes. Just plain ****, yes. Idiot. No, far from it. I just speak my mind, don't believe in being politically correct, and call an **** an ****, even when it's myself.

Unlike some, I can eat crow when I am wrong, and have no problem with doing that. (not meaning you Houken, I'm referring to others)

Take care..

~Saitada
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They took the money out of the game that was exploited...But the items people bought with the money are still circulated.. Pathetic - Shoulda rolled back..

The exploit for those that dont know..

Cash shop Duke rose and NPC it for 3m. Basically what happened.

Took me all of yesterday n most of today to find out what the cash shop exploit was, someones friend did it n whispered me n told me thats what happened.

(No I didnt exploit or benefit from exploiters, But many did GG GMs)
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you made profits passively with the situation. you didn't **** on your own but you knew the skyrocketing prices and exploited the issue maybe without knowing the reason but you did.

being a crime or not depends on interpretation and this is the hard part...

fact is that several people like you took an advantage over other players. certainly an unfair advantage to all others. also several people were gifted with items and coins without the intention or knowledge to exploit the bug.

then rises the question: being impossible no know the intention of every single player in the situation, would there be fair to punish them by taking away their gains or even suspending their accounts?

so the only obvious conclusion is that justice comes at a high price and so does ignoring all these facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you made profits passively with the situation. you didn't **** on your own but you knew the skyrocketing prices and exploited the issue maybe without knowing the reason but you did.

If your directing this to me, read my posts a little closer, I saw what was going on and rather than participate, did other things even though I could easily have made mad bank by taking advantage of the situation.

Hell.. as things stand, Those who profited from the exploiters should themselves be classed as exploiters. You can't look at gold selling for 600k and not know SOMETHING is broke and choose not to participate in it. Heck, you can't see it at 150k+ and not think something is screwy. Especially right after a patch. The fact that it started happening right after the patch should have been a HUGE GLARING RED FLAG to everyone.

~Saitada
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In the real world, if you buy counterfeit money for pennies on the dollar, you're outta luck. The Secret Service doesn't tell ya, "Well, since you weren't the one who counterfeited it, it's ok. We'll let you keep it and use it like real money."

It's not a crime, but the ill-gotten goods and funny money still need to be confiscated.
  • tekyo
    tekyo Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think the developer/GM team on PWI is not experienced with rollbacks, they do not know how to do the procedure. They can only ban/suspend accounts.

Also the patch with the bug they have implented lately tells us how pro they are. These things are to be tested on a test server before going live.

We will not get a roll back, even if the GM/devs want to, they just don't know how to do it. Well, maybe they can do a rollback, but I fear the worst...
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah I know, the economy is totally ruined. Prices on gold have EXPLODED from 105k per gold to 107k-110k... god this is SO BAD.

LC is fine, a rollback would just **** people off. They don't owe you a rollback, and selling items through the cash shop isn't against the TOS. People who sold the dyes should get banned, everyone else was just doing good business.

A store isn't raided and robbed if they take counterfeit bills, but the person who makes the money certainly is.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The Secret Service confiscates counterfeit bills, without compensation. If you were the victim of a particularly large batch they may try to help you out. But if you bought it for pennies on the dollar, they'll laugh in your face.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah I know, the economy is totally ruined. Prices on gold have EXPLODED from 105k per gold to 107k-110k... god this is SO BAD.

LC is fine, a rollback would just **** people off. They don't owe you a rollback, and selling items through the cash shop isn't against the TOS. People who sold the dyes should get banned, everyone else was just doing good business.

A store isn't raided and robbed if they take counterfeit bills, but the person who makes the money certainly is.
    LC wasn't hit quite so bad as Sanctuary and Heavens Tear were. Just peek at this and then tell me this would be ok with you? You wanna pay those prices? Feel free.

~Saitada
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tekyo wrote: »
    I think the developer/GM team on PWI is not experienced with rollbacks, they do not know how to do the procedure. They can only ban/suspend accounts.
    actually doing a roll back is pretty easy. it's almost like replacing files to older ones. the reason they didn't we can only speculate.
    Also the patch with the bug they have implented lately tells us how pro they are. These things are to be tested on a test server before going live.
    even surgeons do mistakes. it's not supposed to happen but it does...
    We will not get a roll back, even if the GM/devs want to, they just don't know how to do it. Well, maybe they can do a rollback, but I fear the worst...
    they don't want to. they even voted NO for a rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    **** PWE look at charm pack. They said wait and nothing happen. Now they said wait for official announcement. There wouldnt be any. They dont wanna rollback because the noob put tons of money to get free money. The plan is to let us forget as time goes by. **** this company
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    devil85 wrote: »
    stuff here

Please try not to flame and curse. I'd rather this thread not get closed. K. Thanks.

~S
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That is the plan of a lot of game companies =/. LOL...any kind of company. I sincerely hope that people here have the common sense to be good consumers and quit supporting this. Either way, I have moved from other games on account of stupid decisions made, and am confident that I will find one some day where I can feel that I am paying not just for the product, but for good service as well. b:kiss
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As to dissapearing threads please read this answer from Shnuggles. We will not delete threads with constructive criticism but will do so for threads with too much flaming and trolling in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats it.. I'm moving to private server b:bye
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As to dissapearing threads please read this answer from Shnuggles. We will not delete threads with constructive criticism but will do so for threads with too much flaming and trolling in it.
    Thanks Aryannamage, I read that myself earlier. That is also why I edited one of my posts about 6 different times to bite my tounge as hard as I could towards one individual and asked another to please relax as I didn't want this thread closed.

While I am waiting for an answer, Surfs up and I think i'mma go Surfing again today. Man I LOVE living in Hawai'i.

~Saitada
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks Aryannamage, I read that myself earlier. That is also why I edited one of my posts about 6 different times to bite my tounge as hard as I could towards one individual and asked another to please relax as I didn't want this thread closed.

While I am waiting for an answer, Surfs up and I think i'mma go Surfing again today. Man I LOVE living in Hawai'i.

~Saitada

I really do hate you right now! SURFING??? I want to live in Hawai too!!!! It's so cold here in the UK >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There are a variety of reasons as to why we choose the course of action that we did.

I cannot go into the details and nitty gritty of how we do things specifically, however I can say that we took great care with making this decision and looking at all the factors and variables at play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.