i dont know what class to start out with

Options
iruine
iruine Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
i have just started playing pw and i need advice on what class i should choose first. im thinking about the archer, but i heard that its expensive. what would be the best choice?
Post edited by iruine on

Comments

• iruine
    edited February 2009
    Options
    can you fletch arrows on this game? i used to play runescape and you could make your own ammo ther
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Venomancers are the best solo class as far as I'm aware, and it hasn't been very difficult to level, or very expensive. I play each class though and none really seem significantly harder than the other, so it's up to you. Pretty sure venomancers are the biggest money makers, though.
    And yes, you can make your own arrows. You can make your own everything actually x] but finding the materials to make your own items with isn't as convenient as Runescape because they're scattered all around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • _Arrow_ - Lost City
    _Arrow_ - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if you wanna be archer then be an archer

you can make arrows

also, being archer is cheaper than being blademaster, barbarian, and most other classes because we don't get hit much so we repair armor less
    Infamous (PvP guild) recruiting 40+
    PK/FB/Vent/TS/HH
    PM me on Lost City b:victory
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The reason I'd say a cleric Is the most expencive is our skills, for a cleric almost every skill is compulsuary and needed.

But clerics have a much easier time grinding (killing mobs for exp) when they fight poison mobs.
    Clerics as well as archers have a Physical and Magical attack skill making them the most versatile.
    I'd say go for cleric, if you like arrows we got plume shot the looks like a bow n arrow ;3
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • iruine
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thanx everyone, you helped me alot
  • lockeypoo
    lockeypoo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry for the bump but I'm interested in a class that can do both pvp and pve.

I heard from a friend that veno's are good for making money but other then that I don't know anything else.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't know if you have choosen yet, but just in case. As far as I know, the classes that tend to be the most expensive are clerics and barbarians. You already got the expanation for the cleric from someone more qualified than me. A barb is expensive mostly for it's repairs, you always get hit, and in parties it's even your job to get hit, so armor suffers a lot. If you add the new skills to that, the amount that stays isn't all that enormous.
    Veno's are the money makers, because they have their pet, which spares them from repairs and pots most of the time. They also can try to catch rare pets and make baby pets that can be sold for quite a lot of coins.

Personally, I would say: Just try every class till lvl10 or so, to get an idea of the gameplay and caracteristics of each class, and choose the on you like most. Don't worry to much about coins etc, because you can always create a veno alt character to get you coins. A lot of barbs do this, me included. The most important thing is that you like the class you play.
  • Kebralt - Lost City
    Kebralt - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    im a lvl 55 barb and its awesome. barbs are highly wanted for fbs, hh etc. because we have the most hp so we make the best tankers. But it takes us the longest to lvl because we deal the least damage.b:victory
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    venos - best solo class and great for pve.. and amazing for pvp with the phonix pet (bugged for insane damage), but that pet costs a FORTUNE to buy. It's like $200 in the cash shop, or 20+ million coins... I know they are still good without that, but I've never really seen a good PvP veno without phonix...

Barbs - Amazing tankers. Have skills to keep aggro so the mobs don't go attack other people in the party. Have tons of life and defense etc so they can really take a bunch of hits. Repairs cost alot :(

Blademasters - great solo class, decent tanker... but more damage than a barb. They don't replace barbs because barbs are much better for tanking, but a good alternative if a barb isn't available... and are used in TW alot. Stuns and AoE make them really very useful for a variety of things...

Wizard - Most damage in the game (with the least survivability), horrible before level 60... pretty good at 60-79, and I heard 70-88 they are underpowered alot. 89+ they are supposed to be amazing... but just expect to get one hitted constantly, and one hit others as well.

Cleric - awesome support class, their heals, buffs, and res are awesome for any party. They are needed in any squad, and have alot of help. They also do pretty good damage with physical and magic attacks. They are going to have a lot of costs for their charms...

Archers - Great PvP class, with good stuns, great damage, huge crit rate, and more survivability than a wizard... They also have both physical and magical attacks, which make them even more versatile. I've heard a few archer friends that complain about costs for arrows... but not really sure how that compares to barbs/clerics.

The only class I've played is wizard, so all the other info is from playing with others or reading what others have said... but all the classes are very balanced, so just choose the one that sounds the most fun for you. You can't really go wrong :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the cost of arrows for an archer is very low later on, an hours worth of grind can provide arrows for a week
  • Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if you wanna be archer then be an archer

you can make arrows

also, being archer is cheaper than being blademaster, barbarian, and most other classes because we don't get hit much so we repair armor less

It is not adviced to make arrows. Buy lvl 1 arrows(bow)/bolts(crossbow)/shots(slingshot).

You could make a better money profit selling the materials needed to make arrows.
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    play veno.. it's the best solo.. u won't need to ask for help on many quests.
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks