Official Q&A on Botique bug exploiting solution

Heleina - Sanctuary
Heleina - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Can we have an official thread about it where people will ask legitimate questions and GMs will make it a point to answer, then just edit the main post to include the questions that have been answered?

Because my main gripe really is how did the dev team ensure the server's integrity

It was said that X amount of coins was removed - how was this done and how are you certain that you removed ALL the ill-gotten money/wealth/items? Because even some of my friends who have already bought stuff from their tons of coins got to keep those items. That is NOT fair.
Post edited by Heleina - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I do have a personal question too for the GMs or mods even, but more sidetracked

How do you feel about the players that actually gained 800-1000M today? If they are not the ones who originally exploited the bug, then in a way, they used the economy VERY well to gain it through the auction. In technical terms, they gained the coins fair in the game. In logical terms...800-1000M coin profit using the economy at a bugged crisis? Its a questionable matter. It would be nice to have GMs opinion on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If they are smart and should be rewarded, what can you say to those nice players who didnt try to benefit from this bug as they fear of getting ban and expect a rollback? are they at fault not to exploit the game and should watch those who did spend the money?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It was said that X amount of coins was removed - how was this done and how are you certain that you removed ALL the ill-gotten money/wealth/items?

They did not, they removed the most obvious ones, but there is still tons of dirty money floating around on the servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I too have a few questions.
    First, why did the Valentine patch suck?
    Second, why did your emergency fix suck?
    and Lastly, why is the Valentine event such a suck?

Okay, I feel like being immature today.