Job Half Done, Gm Read Pls

Serjah - Heavens Tear
Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
SO the ppl that used glitched have been banned, and their coins REMOVED, GOOD JOB

Now what about the people that sold gold on AH for 400-500k coins / gold? COINS THAT WERE **** BY THE GLITCHING PLAYERS. How are u gonna solve this problem, coz there are dozens of ppl running around with TENS of MILLIONS of coins (COINS THAT WERE **** BY OTHER PLAYERS).

If this doesnt get solved, this game has no value anymore, ppl made 40-50 milion coins overnight, by profiting from other ppl's HACKING !!!!!!
A patch full of glitch,
Makes my eyes twitch.
Should i continue playing this game or switch,
because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
While a honest players get the ditch.
Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
Post edited by Serjah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WilhelmRyan - Heavens Tear
    WilhelmRyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The words "money laundering" come to mind...
  • foxconn
    foxconn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Gm's did a great job get over urself. They did the right thing.
  • Esteban801 - Sanctuary
    Esteban801 - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A GOOD JOB would have been a rollback.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yah people that had extra gold or charged up made 4x-5x and got to keep the coins very fair
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    foxconn wrote: »

from a m0ron's point of view, YES, it is a good job

from a normal's person point of view, the GOOD JOB is only HALF DONE
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • Thanassis - Heavens Tear
    Thanassis - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A GOOD JOB would have been a rollback.

FULL ACK. It will take weeks for the economy to recover from this.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

It's good that they punished the exploiters but having ppl sitting on a mountain of coins that weren't supposed to be there in the first place is not my idea of fair play. GM's, the patch sucked and your half-attempt at fixing the exploited sucked even more. b:kiss
    I'll sit out till they open the Etherblade server so I can start fresh. It's sad to abandon my lvl 67 venos.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This seems like a "Oops, oh well!" kinda thing...

Rollback would have been the best idea, but since they didn't, it's probably too late. Time to bite the bullet on this one, methinks.

I think we should go back to complaining about things the GMs can actually change - like the doggone charm packs!
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The words "money laundering" come to mind...

Dont forget to bring a towel

PS: Now really, dont worry, soon or late i sure the guilty will be punished ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009

And who the hell are you trying to fool exactly? A rollback is always the best answer when it comes to an issue such as this one.
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    They did one hell of a **** job. What about those who got away with 2 billions?
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I disagree. b:angry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    from a m0ron's point of view, YES, it is a good job
    from a normal's person point of view, the GOOD JOB is only HALF DONE
    Just because you cant see the person on the other side of the moniter directly, doesnt mean you should show them less ettiquite. Name calling is unnessesary just because you are pissed at something beyond your own power.

Back to the topic,
    Good job; yes
    Half done; probably yes
    Im sure they had their own reasons why they couldnt reset everything. I dont think the GMs or programmers did it out of spite to watch us squirm. Personally it does disturb me that there are some out there with HUNDREDS of millions... But as selfish as they are, its about greed on both sides. The ones who have it, and the ones who dont have it and are forced to watch the others spend it away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Esteban801 - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009

Im sure they had their own reasons why they couldnt reset everything.

Yes because with so many gold bought yesterday they made a huge profit. I'm sure that's why they didn't rollback.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Man, I tell ya, if I had 40 billion coin, I'd split it up among my entire faction. It would be awesome.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Personally it does disturb me that there are some out there with HUNDREDS of millions... But as selfish as they are, its about greed on both sides. The ones who have it, and the ones who dont have it and are forced to watch the others spend it away.

Its certainly not greed on my part, I had gold to sell when it was going for 500k+, but I decided that it would be better to play honestly and not participating in exploiting a bug. Furthermore, it is not a situation where others have simply gotten rich, it is a situation where they will be taking money out of my hands. With others being able to spend millions that they didn't have before, all prices will be inflated, and since I am still stuck with the same number of coins, I have actually become poorer. So yeah, "greed on both sides". They ought to suspend anyone who exploited the situation to their benefit in the AH.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I really dont understand it, its ONE SINGLE day they have to rollback. But nooo, now they will wait forever until its to long and nothing will happen.

My .... if they removed 10bil coin from the game, and duh thats only the part they could find. How much more coins got into the wrong hands or how many CS items etc exchanged hands? It's nearly impossible to solve this by trying to trace the problem back from the source.
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    Jedentag - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes because with so many gold bought yesterday they made a huge profit. I'm sure that's why they didn't rollback.

well friggin duuh! for most of them, this is their JOB, and their source of income. its our choice to help them along the way - we're the ones at fault T-T wish people would cut GMs a break. They do a hella job if you think of all the glitches that DON'T happen and COULD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    o.o *stares at his very wordy exam paper*
    that time of year has come >_>

soz guys who wanted that sig b:shutupb:sad
    will have to hold me to it
  • Esteban801 - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    well friggin duuh! for most of them, this is their JOB, and their source of income. its our choice to help them along the way - we're the ones at fault T-T wish people would cut GMs a break. They do a hella job if you think of all the glitches that DON'T happen and COULD.

So we are the ones at fault for coding the game wrong and not doing a rollback when needed?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Good job; yes
    Half done; probably yes
    Im sure they had their own reasons why they couldnt reset everything. I dont think the GMs or programmers did it out of spite to watch us squirm. Personally it does disturb me that there are some out there with HUNDREDS of millions... But as selfish as they are, its about greed on both sides. The ones who have it, and the ones who dont have it and are forced to watch the others spend it away.

If the guy with the funny money buys every item in the cash shop, I really don't care as long as it doesn't affect me. But that's not what's going to happen. He or someone like him is going to bid on the same item I see in the auction house, causing me to have to pay more. It's not greed on my part, it's frustration that I'm forced to work harder because someone else was allowed to work less.

I try to assume everyone has the best intentions so I rarely bring up accusations such as this. But I think it's worth pointing out that if the prices in coin for items inflate, it makes spending $$ for gold a more attractive option compared to grinding for coin. Since the cash shop items have fixed prices in gold, gold prices are unaffected by the amount of coin in-game. So gold prices will inflate right along with item prices. That is, there's a financial incentive for PWI to favor making it harder to play for free.

I hadn't really appreciated that dynamic before. In a pay-to-play game with a monthly fee, the company's sole best interest is in keeping the playerbase happy and thus continuing their subscriptions. So a rollback would've been a no-brainer. In a free-to-play game, the company's interests are split between two opposing goals: Maximizing the number of players, and increasing incentives that make them want to pay $$ for items (which tends to lower the number of players).
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the exploiters were punished, but those who sold their gold at the prevailing price did nothing wrong...

frankly, the first post is not very believable... cause cash shop mounts are bought with gold, and not ingame coins... if there are alot of mounts, it just means there already are so many mounts to begin with.

with more ingame coins, it just means the items will move faster in auction or cat shops these one or two weeks.

i didn't gain anything from this, i also didn't loss anything from this too.

glad that gold prices are going back to normal... b:bye
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the exploiters were punished, but those who sold their gold at the prevailing price did nothing wrong...

frankly, the first post is not very believable... cause cash shop mounts are bought with gold, and not ingame coins... if there are alot of mounts, it just means there already are so many mounts to begin with.

with more ingame coins, it just means the items will move faster in auction or cat shops these one or two weeks.

I am tired of hearing that their non-culpability somehow excuses the fact that they became much richer at my expense. I don't care if they were right or wrong, or will be punished or not, I simply want fairness.
  • WilhelmRyan - Heavens Tear
    WilhelmRyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009

look up money laundering, then look up hyperinflation and then you might start to understand why people have a problem with this. Lemme guess, you think the new stimulus package and all the govt bailouts are good ideas too right?
  • unhappy
    unhappy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GM didn't really ban all those who exploit the glitch! Those who bought items using the **** coins got off with nothing and get to keep their ill gotten stuff! So what did the GM do? NOTHING! Half done? I call it nothing done... Damn you GMs
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GMs are idiots.. its annoying. soooo many people got more than 10mil cuz of the exploiters. and like i said before all this ****....THEY CANT TRACE IT.
    so only solution is rollback and double exp weekend since we spent alot of time on leveling
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    remember the time between first mod announcement and the server shutdown? all players who abused in this short time were punished. not so sure about the ones who first did it.

and.. let's talk reality. with 2-3m you can make any lvl79+ skill and with 5-6m you can make any TT80 weapon with golden name. so nobody needs 1 billion to take a huge advantage over LEGIT players. i bet these guys are spamming world channel to buy apocalypse pages right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

shut your garbage hole. being from sanctuary and one of those morons who go saying "selling-gold-isnt-******-wrong" i can put my money on the fact that you DID abuse this bug and go around saying otherwise cause there might not be any way to track down your illegit dealings.

FYI,
    this gold was bought and sold/resold during a period when a misserably badly coded item was being sold for retail rates by the cash shop that would provide you the free instance of abusing such a told code and exploiting the game engine to the fullest.
    everyone who expoited the cash shop items during this time are at fault.
    SO IS EVERYONE WHO PROVIDED THESE ABUSERS AM ELEVATED MEANS OF ABUSING THE SYSTEM, ie PEOPLE SELLING CASH AT A PROFOUNDLY HIGH RATE OF EXCHANGE, ONLY FOR THE SOLE REASON OF GIVING THE REAL PERPETRAITORS A MEANS TO COMMIT FELONY(**** THE GAME).

after this prices will never go back to normal fool. now with lvl 50/40/30/1(?) players having more money than lvl 8x-9x players how can you even think for a second that things will go back to being as it was?
    even lvl 50 glitch-abusers will have the means to +5 or even +12 every equip they got, make a lvl 3 faction for their mule just for kicks, sell cash shops items after buying gold using their dirt money and resell that for 10x the original price to people who dont/cant buy zen.
    if the only thing you can say is like your last BS post, then just stop posting, go back to enjoying the game with your dirt money.
  • xtrm9
    xtrm9 Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    xtrm9 wrote: »
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

sooooooooo true
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009