St. valentines day massacre

paingame
paingame Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
Ok wait and waited for Servers to come up. I know bugs happen and little tards will exploit them and hope not to be caught. But when the servers do come up and the event starts, we find that there is a patch the size of the tele-porters to farm roses in. This causes a major bottle neck and PK heaven.
People tried getting on lower lvl char's and getting the roses, and they can, bUT they can not be traded. So leaves u with like 3 options if your not 80 to 90 plus and a tank. 1 get like 5 people to watch ur back ( when 20 pkers around need more like 50) so you can harvest. 2 get low lvl clerics to heal and rez u and pray u do not drop MUCH. 3 do not do the event and let others gain lvls and rewards from the event.
The event is slanted, after so many nice events this one comes out and is a true cluster frack. If your a caster your SOL. You can not get on a alt and do it. You can not get a tank in the guild to do it for you ( or a friend ) because they can not be traded.
No idea how to fix this fast, but a bigger patch would help.
AND OH you get like 10k experience at lvl 70+ for a male char for running the gauntlet.
Peace
Post edited by paingame on

Comments

• Klaxton - Sanctuary
    Klaxton - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here's a shot of what an awesomely bad idea this was. And stop trampling the roses with ur mounts!

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20090214032047rk5.png
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Do other versions of PW get this patch?
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    are you kidding me with this moronic event??? GM's pls go and take a look at that rose gardenb:angryits pile of bodies ,i cant even tell where i am,i thought maintance was extended so you could fix this event,and you call this fixed??? what were you expecting ,hundres of players and tiny little garden????
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeh this is truly ****.
    Peeps are luring in Jewelscalen to kill off everyone.

And what does valentines pigment do?
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Considering that all Venomancers are female and Venos seem to make like 2/3s of the entire server population it's also safe to assume that many girl characters won't be able to find a valentine for their quest...

... but yeah, having to compete with hundreds of other players for a quest material node is kinda ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Midnait - Lost City
    Midnait - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Small garden - tons of players
    PK Killers - they think its funny (get a life...)
    The result - a quest that you loose exp (cuz sometimes Jewel is lured there...) + time + if you get a rose in 10 mins,you`re lucky !
    Another day, another idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LOLZ at least u got rewarded for your efforts(some of you)

I ran the gauntlet. Got pked dunno how may times....Hiero ticked dunno how many times, lost 5 dolls,......

Finally got 99 roses......did what the quest said and WHAT HAPPENED?????

MY WIFE GET 58K EXP...I GOT NOTHING BUT THE STUPID FRAGMENT AND ROSE PETALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO EXP!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??????

Yes she was party leader.....YES everything was done right,cos if it wasn't i wouldn't get the GARBAGE reward items would i???

I submitted my first ticket EVER......no idea how it works....Not hopefull of getting the EXP i worked for......

BUT ONE THING IS CERTAIN.......You can take this valentine event and shove it up your A$$!
    Rose garden big enuff for 6 tigers?Out in the OPEN for anyone to pk as they like?Jewelscalen anytime can be lured there?

Think you BOYS AND GIRLS need education on how to run a valentine event.Maybe go ask your fathers and mothers who have a more indepth and realistic SCOPE on how a "day of love" should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Fabric - Lost City
    Fabric - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wtf, that's messed up. What encouragements do the guys get when the girl gets the exp?
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What is the valentine pigment good for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Someone who lured Jewel into rosegarden, I hope a GM uses this for a warning: Kashayap in heaven's tear server... Please give a warning!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Rathalos - Lost City
    Rathalos - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The exp the girls get is level dependant my friend is level 89 and got 385k exp while i lvl 81 got 17k exp da only plus for guys is we get the wish item which u need 4 of to make the wish key meaning u gotta get 297 more roses -_- an du gotta do the event 4 times to find out if guys get anything good wats so ever
    but so far girls get the best of the event fyi i turned in 99 roses to get the max exp and the wish item so good luck to guys doing this event i will keep goin seein as how i wanna see wats in dat damn box for guys. also only guys can get the wish key to open the wish chest becuz valentines day items can not be traded except for pigments and i think the lil flower petals but everything else CAN NOT BE TRADED SOLD MAILED OR DROPPED kk i hope that clears up some questsions
  • Rathalos - Lost City
    Rathalos - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The exp the girls get is level dependant my friend is level 89 and got 385k exp while i lvl 81 got 17k exp da only plus for guys is we get the wish item which u need 4 of to make the wish key meaning u gotta get 297 more roses -_- an du gotta do the event 4 times to find out if guys get anything good wats so ever
    but so far girls get the best of the event fyi i turned in 99 roses to get the max exp and the wish item so good luck to guys doing this event i will keep goin seein as how i wanna see wats in dat damn box for guys. also only guys can get the wish key to open the wish chest becuz valentines day items can not be traded except for pigments and i think the lil flower petals but everything else CAN NOT BE TRADED SOLD MAILED OR DROPPED kk i hope that clears up some questsions
  • MedicMommy - Lost City
    MedicMommy - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is crazy. At least make the rose garden a safe zone, and bigger. This is nothing but a PK Fest.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I have to say, this is the worst event they've put on yet. And by worst, I mean:

On a scale of 0-10, with 0 being worst and 10 being best...
    Halloween = 7
    Christmas = 8
    Spring/Chinese New Years = 6

This = -215
  • Gyatso - Sanctuary
    Gyatso - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This event is tapped... it was bad timing enough what with the whole bug exploitation thing.

Can someone explain to me at least why after spending hours getting 99 roses i only get 5100exp and my friend get 80,000... bit unfair dont you think?

Please explain PWE....
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    OMG yes kash keeps pulling jewels down to the roses and i keep losing xp and the roses are so crouded.. and there like a hundred people there its super hard to get roses without being killed or someone taking it first
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • phoenix85
    phoenix85 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    WHAT in the gods name were you thinking when you made 4x4 rose garden on server that has 1000+ of ppl?!?!?!?!?! the idea is great, i admit that. but for the next time...THINK IT THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there are 100 girl characters in this game and they need to collect 6 honeys and they get MORE EXP AND SPIRIT while we need to bus our buts to get 99 roses! i know... you don't need to collect 99, you can get 1 or 9. but i want 99 roses bouquet! gril got like 300k EXP and i got 3k!!! b:angry
    PLEASE GM'S USE YOUR BRAINS!!!!! this game is awesome! don't **** it up with **** that you make!!!
    T H I N K T H I N G S T H R O U G H ! ! ! ! ! !
  • gotballzz
    gotballzz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    People are using Jewel Scalen to kill players who are picking up roses can everyone please help me notify the designers so they can fix this!! This should not be allowed to happen!

Thank you and please pass this along.
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well this event just sucks. One little spot where there are over 50 people after one rose, and if that wasn't enough we have high level people with AoE killing everyone that tries to get one rose.

Congratulations on the worst event ever, GM's or whoever makes them.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Norgannon wrote:
    Well this event just sucks. One little spot where there are over 50 people after one rose, and if that wasn't enough we have high level people with AoE killing everyone that tries to get one rose.

Congratulations on the worst event ever, GM's or whoever makes them.
    Shush, it's so much fun dropping zhens on the roses <3
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1 hour = 1 rose for me.
    297 hours = 297 roses for a good reward.

**** it. This event is the worst thing ever, you get better experience from grinding and have more "fun". b:angry
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's awesome for pvping <3
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this event is the excitement lost city has been needing for a while now.

5 roses, 1 spot outside safe zone, and 4 large guilds clashing together.

couldnt ask for anything better.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sounds hilarious from a 3rd person view >____>;;;
    Im glad i didnt do it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    after such a good event (dragon orb price reduction + elders) they bring this damn sucky event :(

even more FAIL of an event on Lost City, good luck picking 99 flowers there, tempest / bladestorm / barage for kills FTW
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    OH NO A TOTALLY OPTIONAL BONUS PART OF THE GAME ISN'T EXTREMELY EASY MONEY AND EXP OH GOD MY LIFE IS OVER.

One of the good things about life: choices. Don't whine about something you don't have to do. Especially on a one-day event.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    [Quote: Rathalos:]The exp the girls get is level dependant my friend is level 89 and got 385k exp while i lvl 81 got 17k exp /End quote.

Sounds like you really missed out there buddy. Even though you two had an 8 level difference, you shouldn't have been given such a small amount of exp. I would've expected 200k at least. Sounds like this event is really dodgy for males, I wont be making my husband do that quest :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shamina - Heavens Tear
    Shamina - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Seems like the even for male part is totally unbalanced. What were they thinkin...
    Also ppl who luring jewlscalen or PKing on garden.
    Simple , ban em. Valentines day is day of love and caring and friendness. Ppl who are so idiots that try to mess that day, should simply "put away".
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This event is fail...

http://i44.tinypic.com/33mrdqe.jpg
  • Sekeeth - Lost City
    Sekeeth - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree. If it were about 10x it's current size, it would still be too cramped. Is this some kind of voyeur thing were the Devs want to watch all these people fight over this postage stamp sized area? Seriously. How could you not have seen this coming? b:angry