Dirty Items (from Glitch)

Options
tc2r
tc2r Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
So the GMs worked to find all the coins and suspend the players that was exploiting the glitches, what they DIDN"T do however was find what was bought with those coins.

I am in arch right now and 80% of the players are running around in 3coin clothing on raptors or kirin and flying around with Watcher of the skies or another 30coin mount.

GMs please tell me you've noticed this, because I think it's Utter BS. Whats the point of some of us working very very hard for ours and in one day EVERYONE ELSE who EXPLOITED A GLITCH is REWARDED with what I've been trying to obtain since I started the game? (I have yet to obtain it but now I see no point in that goal.

I log into the game to see more people riding raptors and kirins than people on foot.

I know that the items and usage of the dirty coins was not undone because before the emergency downtime, someone used the coins to buy out ALL the catshops around me including mine. and when the server came back up I still had the coins and no more of the stuff that was bought out.

Don't get me wrong, I know alot of ppl have nice wings and mounts. but in the last 10 minutes of gametime I've seen more ppl with Kirins and RAptors then I've seen since I started this game.
Post edited by tc2r on

Comments

• tc2r
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I appriciate that the GMS worked so hard and did do what they have so far. I am thankful of all of their hard work to fix this. And have even more respect for them that they'd admit to what they worded was "an epic fail".
  • guilty
    guilty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    my friend's friend still has 2 billion gold in his inventory and he's about to transfer the gold 2 his mule....

yeah it was good that u guys fixed the bug, but if u cannot handle every1's bank then plz DO MAKE A ROLL BACK cuz its very NECESSARY -.-
  • Malerna - Sanctuary
    Malerna - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I agree the roll back is best
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    agreed.. an epic fail
  • tc2r
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm trying hard not to quit but this is utter bS. you're talkin to a hustler who has been working hard to earn the coins he has (and I was before update by no means rich, but getting there) but Now it seems that that hill i was climbing IS a mountain. Now it's not "just got to get to 3 mil" its "Just have to hustle to 50mil".

I mean I'm trying to be optimistic... holding on to what I blieve in, this BS economy wont break me or take my hustle from me. But I don't see why us honest players are punished SO serverly.

Now before anyone comes on saying "stop crying about others blessings", allow me to explain to you a few of the Hustl-o-nomics.

Now that EVERYONE and their mother has Mounts, Clothing, and Watcher of the skies, they will sell it eventually. To eachother for outrageous prices.
    example:
    Panthers will cost over a mil unspurred because PPL WILL PAY.

Using that coin they will be even more richer. they will buy mats and sell them for whatever the hell they want to sell them for. basically prices that will seem crazy to us who didn't glitch, but will be perfectly fine for those who did, who cares about wood costing 20k each if you have 2billion?

So if you made 300k and got to keep it thanks to the server going down, enjoy it while it last, and it wont, because you wont be able to buy anything even with a few million soon.

Don't believe me? Pay attention to the price of gold charms the next few days.
  • devil85
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It isnt the economy that worries me. It is those who got billions that can afford the perfect gem and weapon. He can have all the skills and the firepower to **** the game up. He can also buy anything and everything that he wans which means he can influence the server and make 1 faction that is super strong.

I consider this CHEATING. This is exploit, how do you explain this to those that missed out? maybe they'll say.

GM: Sorry, they got the free ride :)
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its ****ing unfair.. ill give it a few days.. if no rollback im quiting.. alot of people will
  • devil85
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Me too.. if no rollback, i'm quitting. They made too many mistakes and covered up very very badly. They always ignore the player and choose the most beneficial option for them.

It wasnt the 15hr of grinding from the good player that they r trying to protect by not rollback the server. It is their profit because lots of ppl pay for gold to earn money during this event.

Probably they cant even rollback the server for they are dumb enough to not backup the data
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm just gonna wait for the etherblade server to start and start fresh there.
  • freedoom
    freedoom Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback FTW!!!!!b:victory
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'll wait to see. If the excess coin causes player-traded item prices and gold prices to inflate significantly, I'm probably outta here. The whole premise of a free-to-play game is that I can buy stuff with $$$ or by spending time grinding for in-game coin. If it suddenly costs a lot more coin to buy the same stuff because people with dirty money are bidding up the price, you've diminished the incentive to play it for free.

Personally, I think not doing a rollback for a bug as serious and as short-lived as this one has got to be the stupidest decision I've ever seen made by a gaming company. And I've been playing multiplayer RPGs since Ultima Online. It violates the most fundamental principle that makes multiplayer RPGs tick - that everyone has to play by the same rules. That's what makes it a persistent world, and not some episodic game like an FPS where you can change the difficulty settings each time you play. But hey, it's their company and their game, they can do what they want. I can only vote with my participation and my dollars.

Anyway, the market prices will tell how successful they were at stomping this out. If the prices don't change much, they got most of the bogus coin and items. If the prices (in coin) rise, then a significant amount of the dirty money is still in-game, and by that time it'll be too late for a rollback so the consequences will be permanent, and negative for everyone who's trying to play honestly.
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tc2r wrote: »
    Panthers will cost over a mil unspurred because PPL WILL PAY.

In case you haven't noticed, panthers already cost 10 gold in the boutique. That's "over a mil unspurred" in coins.

/roll-eyes
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Tehfishy - Heavens Tear
    Tehfishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Do the math 300M + Is pumped into the game each week from TW alone.
    Now bring in the player base who NPC everything and do quests.
    Well over 1billion is made each WEEK.
    So a few people got lucky.... They'll most likely get tracked, I.E High amounts of spending.
  • tc2r
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In case you haven't noticed, panthers already cost 10 gold in the boutique. That's "over a mil unspurred" in coins.

/roll-eyes
    listen, if you don't bother learning how things work, don't bother posting "smart remarks"
    Just because it cost something in cashshop doesn't mean it sells the same IN GAME.

I could sell 50 panthers for 800k before you could sell 1 panther (unspurred) for 1mil in game before this weekend. Learn how stuff works, it's called STREET VALUE/MARKET VALUE.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Also learn that 1 gold = 100,000 - 105,000 =) Panther by default is 1m ^^
    The fact people sell low is called free market, get use to it.
  • tc2r
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm through arguing pointlessly with you as you try to derail the subject from what is REALLY at fault. the fact that the benefits of the exploit have been left in this game. Which hurts EVERYONE else who did not exploit or reep it's benefits.
  • obl1v1ous
    obl1v1ous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not only did they take the C.Y.A. way out, they removed gold and coins from ppl who had them legit. My faction leader had gold and coins from our land on his acct. and they took it all, this was faction money and the gold bought before maint. was for charms for upcoming TW, how is that fair?

Thanks alot GM's for nothing but making sure PWI kept its profit, should have just done things right and done a rollback!!!
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Submit

A

Ticket

LOTS

of

Tickets

In the hands of one, nothing will be done. in the hands of many, what do you think? Power of one or the power of an entire guild.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Of course the few remaining people with billions of coin will ruin the economy. How can anyone think it won't?! That and it's unfair to the people who were banned (because they got banned for doing essentially the same thing as the people who still have dirty money) and to the rest of the players who either by chance or by choice did not abuse the same glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • unhappy
    unhappy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The whole game has been ruin thanks to the GMs and those who made the patch! and do the GMs even bother replying to all this treads? so many voted to have a roll back and it didnt happen... all they did was post a thread saying they will get it done... what done? *** you giving all those bs excuses...
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, submit a ticket
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, submit a ticket

yea submit a ticket cause the GMs dont know anything about the economy crisis going on.

Stfu ****ing genius glitch abuser.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You guys need to think a bit before jumping the gun,the gm's did the most important bits an bobs first ie removing the coing/suspending the main offenders/fixing the glitched item and getting the servers up and running again,now that the servers are up everyones playing again,they can take their time and carefully scrutinize item signituares and see just who the items have been going too.

Course if a gm came here and said that was the end of it and no one else was to be punished...b:surrender
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thanduril wrote: »
    yea submit a ticket cause the GMs dont know anything about the economy crisis going on.

Stfu ****ing genius glitch abuser.

Its kind of ironic, you obviously dont know about the economic crisis in the real world.

You think real money is real?

The central banks are pumping billions of real currency into the system you call an "economy."

Where is it comming from? Nowhere!

You obviously dont have any clue about anything pertaining to the word "economy."

Its funny how you people keep saying the word "economy" when half of you dont even know the basic principle behind it.