what charecters are msot wanted in guilds for pvp and tw

Hhghgg - Sanctuary
Hhghgg - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
what charecters are most contributing for guilds...who is rly the charecter to run for pvp/tw
Post edited by Hhghgg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The most desired class in PvP/TW is phoenix. The second most desired is venos. After that it's all a bit of a balance.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Hhghgg - Sanctuary
    Hhghgg - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    The most desired class in PvP/TW is phoenix. The second most desired is venos. After that it's all a bit of a balance.

lol are you serious?
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    In my opinion all classes are usefull but i do see a need for wizards a lot since they dont populate much of the server(i play on lost city). Wizards are very useful at killing Barbarians and a group of wizards can aoe a cata team to poo. Archers are kinda a dime a dozen, almost everyone has one. Archer is flexible can use magic attacks, physical attacks, also has one of the strongest aoe moves. Barbarians are a needed class since they pull catapults. Catapults surviving longer means their crystal dies faster b:victory. Blademasters are useful since for some reason people like to bunch up in tw and get stuned and the dd teams kill off. Veno good to debuff catapult puller and let its pet run around killing people. Clerics buff and heal tanker as well as being a dd. Just play what u like but no matter what if u gonna build a guild/faction to tw u must have the barbs to even attempt it in the first place. Im a archer btw.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what charecters are most contributing for guilds...who is rly the charecter to run for pvp/tw

Honestly, whatever your guild is lacking.

What is your guild lacking? Review your last TW.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Clerics, Venomancers with phoenix's, Barbarians, Archers, Blademasters.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Construct additional heavy fox peoplz.
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As far as I know, heavy foxes can't get nearly as much hp as light foxes and hp is > pdef, which means light > heavy.

I wish there was a gear and stat calc for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Gunblaster - Sanctuary
    Gunblaster - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i would say good barbs followed by good venos
    venos can purge barbs can pull
    venos can also be fill ins
    they can m-att and p-att
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well u said pvp/tw , which are two different things , in pvp venos pwn, but pvp it depends cuz are u talking 1v1 pvp pk war? , cuz it all depends , in tw i will say barb and ep most important but everyone has a role, veno is debuff , archer kils and BM stun so ya
  • SimplyEasy - Sanctuary
    SimplyEasy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    FAC= Full Attack Cleric.... well if they are built right... by the time your 80... you should be 1 hitting people :) very fun!
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Very untrue, I've tanked a 9x Clerics furied tempest. When I get one hitted by a cleric thats not furied and criticaled me without me seeing it I will quit game and go live with my girlfriend. GriminflameZ PvP build hit 33k on someone w.o a crit, though it was dragonxserk if it were crit it wouldve hit 66k+.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • wikkid86
    wikkid86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've been PVPing in many different games for 11 years, I started when I was 12 and am still PVPing at 23. It's the only real challenge as I see it, with different mods, modes, objectives, campaigns, your challenges would be to kill stuff computer operated/scheduled even though you know what the next move will be. It got easier than boring, so I headed into the PVP area. I found it pretty entertaining and on point that you have to have more than a full understanding of an ability that the approaching opponent could have. I became addicted to it early back when I played First Person Shooter games such as Golden Eye on N64, Counter Strike, etc. I won't list them all but you get the idea. A few things that aren't deniable about PVPing is that you have to see your own weakness even though you think there is none, and you have to be able to allow your self or others to help change that, whether its by advice or actual Player VS Player experience at that time. As many games now are team based, you have to know your team, and your opposing team much better than your own. PVPing is said to be certain things, but so many things that most say of "certain" are so far off. A thing to keep in mind is that nothing can surpass time.. This means that you have to be content with your positives and negatives, so you can make them work together, with good timing using almost any skill could be deadly. For a skill to really deadly though, you'll need good offensives. PVPing is about DMG Output not DMG Intake. You could have a lot of defense but little HP and die quickly because it's actually how long your hp amount could keep you living. Low HP lesser time, More HP more time. I've played as many different jobs within MMOs and even as a cleric it's more than just having HP and Healing because although you can heal your self you're welcoming people to inflict more DMG on you while healing, and in return that heal would've been a waste of time and MP with the aggressor making the only gain in the battle. You need a high DMG Output to end the "threat" more quickly. An opponent who is stacked in defense and HP is lacking the DMG to kill his/her target. The only thing that he/she would have in common with his/her aggressor is that the subject will do relatively the same DMG, but it will take much longer to distribute that DMG and by that time he/she is already dead. One thing I've come to see is that a lot of people think having high upgrades is best, it's really not.. Sure you will have 1 or 2 stat advantages over another but without the timing, experience, and understanding you won't be able to use those upgrades to their full potential. Like I said it's all about timing so you've got to know when to re-act, if you know your opponents strength and weakness it will be crucial on how you re-act. There's no real answer to "What class is the best for PVP?" because any class could be, it's the user who controls the aggressor/defender who would be determined "best". By that I mean it's about what you're more secure with and what you can work more with. I hope you found your answer within the load of this, and good luck!

I forgot to add this.. A critical mistake of many, you have to plan a battles like you were playing Chess, if you have enough control with understanding and intel over your controls(positives/negatives and available abilities of your character) you could make even the greatest seem average. So think hard about what skills could be used at what times, what your opponents might do before hand and how they might re-act after being attacked with a certain skill than lay out your 2nd attack before even making your first.
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Very untrue, I've tanked a 9x Clerics furied tempest. When I get one hitted by a cleric thats not furied and criticaled me without me seeing it I will quit game and go live with my girlfriend. GriminflameZ PvP build hit 33k on someone w.o a crit, though it was dragonxserk if it were crit it wouldve hit 66k+.

his gx is also +8, you plan on getting one of those too? rofl. seriously hop off the barb > all class posts, you're getting more annoying than mysticlifex claiming FAC > wiz for dd. oh, and btw, his 33k was a crit, so yea..
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    FAC= Full Attack Cleric.... well if they are built right... by the time your 80... you should be 1 hitting people :) very fun!
    FAC's are great...if you need some comic relief.

Of course, by the time you're 80 all clerics are the same since you've (hopefully) levelled those buffs and heals so you're actually useful in a TW. About as useful as a regular cleric in fact. Except you're a bit squishier, since the whole kill mobs before they hit me thing doesn't work so well against archers.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009

LAWL

By the time your lvl 80 everyone will tell you to go un-unstall, people will laugh behind your back, no one will party with you, you will die from aoe in dungeons, guild will prefer lvl 70 cleric in TW before u. You will be a 1 shoot and the most useless cleric in the game.

And the person that even came up with the idea of clerics being full magic and only focusing on attack skills is a ****

And who ever made the term and abbreviation FAC... trying to make it an acceptable cleric build should be permabanned for stupidity and misleading nubs

And he should be forced to pay back the dolls/hp charms barbs wasted after beeing in a party with a nub thinking full attack cleric was a build/skillguide

And he should also be forced to pay the re-stat scrolls clerics have to use after being mislead by the nub-army that promotes the concept of FAC
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As far as I know, heavy foxes can't get nearly as much hp as light foxes and hp is > pdef, which means light > heavy.

Mmm.. wrongo.

Light armour veno gets 4 more base con than heavy armour veno.. and that's what.. 48 HP or something? Not a whole lot.

And then later on with armour refinements, heavy armour veno would have more HP than light.

And saying "HP > pdef" is a ridiculously huge oversimplification.

In fact, I'm just gonna go out and say that you've just gone and brought the wrongo in at force 10.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I really don't think you should be giving advice on things you don't really know about.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually I had about the same HP as heavy as I did in light. Arcane build allows for the most vit but still venomancers dont gain alot of HP per vit points. Light armour cannot also compare to the M and P def you gain as a heavy/robe hybrid.

heavy sage fox..insane PDef *_____*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    jemima wrote: »
    FAC's are great...if you need some comic relief.

b:laugh true indeed
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LAWL

By the time your lvl 80 everyone will tell you to go un-unstall, people will laugh behind your back, no one will party with you, you will die from aoe in dungeons, guild will prefer lvl 70 cleric in TW before u. You will be a 1 shoot and the most useless cleric in the game.

And the person that even came up with the idea of clerics being full magic and only focusing on attack skills is a ****

And who ever made the term and abbreviation FAC... trying to make it an acceptable cleric build should be permabanned for stupidity and misleading nubs

And he should be forced to pay back the dolls/hp charms barbs wasted after beeing in a party with a nub thinking full attack cleric was a build/skillguide

And he should also be forced to pay the re-stat scrolls clerics have to use after being mislead by the nub-army that promotes the concept of FAC

b:sad i got threatened (to 1 shot me) before by a fac 10+ lvls below me. b:cry
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009

You've just earned yourself a one way ticket to NEVER NEVER LAND..Enjoy it there cuz things that you say..NEVER Happen there.

FAC - GG You get 1 shot by every class..clerics sparked tempest alone should do mass damage if leveled but FAC ok there..
  • Cioud - Dreamweaver
    Cioud - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i bet a bm over a cleric any day of the week lolz
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i bet a bm over a cleric any day of the week lolz

Wouldnt be so quick to judge, sure at lower lvls a cleric will lose but 80+ with sleep, spark, tempest and all that, its not so uncommon to see. Ask some decently lvld clerics (deadbone from lost city not sanctuary, specgoesemo, mikoto, etc) if they can own a bm or not. Im not saying bm wont win im just saying clerics arent pushovers.

edit - im not talking about FAC btw