marriage skills?

Options
13»

Comments

• LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes....apparently they think "oh you have a husband in real life, but not in game...so its ok to get married to me in-game right?"

Me and my husband are...poor otherwise we would be married in-game b:chuckle no way in hell im getting married to some random lv 3 who started the game 5 mins before asking me b:bye lol

LOL, I don't blame you. Everyone I know in game are either "I don't want to be tied down" or "I'm only going to marry my RL sweetie, when I find one"..........um, ok. I can understand both of those reasons to be honest but damn, some one out there has to be wanting something other than running off with other people's spouses.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I tend to get so tired of lowbies hitting on me that I'll now run around those areas with my armor unequipped. If any guy ticks me off enough while hitting on me, I'll tell them if they beat me in a duel that I'll marry them.

Once they accept, I switch to armors/weapons of my current level and smile as they die. Often followed by a blacklist unless they apologize and such.

On a side note, I've only allowed one person to carry me around ever in this game and that's because he's a close friend of mine.
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    See, I have a rl fiance, but even tho i've tried already, i doubt i will ever get her to play.

Ingame the only reason for me to get married would be for the rep. Well that and to have a reason for a constant female adventuring partner that isnt my guild leader's wife (ingame and rl)
  • wyrde
    wyrde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    One thing I've discovered is that the larger the bust size, the less likely I'll be hit on while playing the character. The smaller, the more often. I have a couple characters with the slider bar all the way to the left that'd never been so much as smoozed at. I'm an alt-a-holic, so I've had plenty of chances to experiment with this strange phenomena. (Concensus in the guild is that the kiddies think large **** = male players.)

The more 'petite' characters though... like wading through a mine-field of bad lines.

I like to have fun with them for at least a few minutes though:
    Random guy: Yur pretty! U hav Boy Ferind?
    My veno: OMG!!! What is wrong with U?!!! You sicko! I'm YUR SISTER! I'm telling MOM!
    Random guy: *logs off*

Wish I'd gotten a screenshot of that. :)

-w
  • MistressLuna - Heavens Tear
    MistressLuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You know I that one post I have here? I was typing that when there was only like 4 posts on this thread.
    How the hell My post end up on page like 5 ?!?!?! You people type so fast xD!!!! Make me feel all slow and stuffs T.T! Oh well. I almost enjoy the lower levels who "try" to grab my attention with sexual intentions..it's just funny for me. Keeps from going totally bored when grind and all. LadyofReal is a sexy beast >_> I think I'm going to start hitting on you too(jk)..I see you quite oftenb:chuckle. On topic of this thread..I don't think marriage shoul dgive us anything, but a happy heart. The rest should go bye bye :/

Ja neb:bye
    See you in-game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Luna -still- Loves You All
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL I feel rather popular now, seen by many. XD
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You should be Mz. sexy >_> Can't wait to see you again b:chuckle
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL, I can't help that I'm hot.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think sexy was the term here o.o hot doesn't compare lol..
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, I'm sexy and you know it. And anyone who doesn't well they should.

*Struts her stuff*
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont understand y ppl take these types of games so serious lol

its a game LOL u ppl make me laugh at how serious you get about getting married in a game b:laughb:laughb:victory
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OMG, read all the above posts. You would see that I said I was in no hurry. Search other posts by me, and you will see that I have said that I have found no one worthy of marrying me. Please before you talk, make sure you have all your facts straight.
  • darkness7
    darkness7 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In 2 mmorpg's that Ive been on Marreid couples had the ability to teleport to the other characters location.I did it and it was very cool only places it didn't allow u to teleport in were caves and event locations.if thay type of thing existed in this game it might ruin pk...but than again when your chakra's glowing red u cant duel or teleport in time xD
    60 buck's...ouch
    i got 2 wedding wines from a friend in game and they told me they got dozens of those from there marriage packs.I made 200k and 2 rep outa it b:pleased
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Remember Divorce is still 2 million b:shocked

but yeah i was married no skills (GM said not implemented yet)

no exp no nothing but her name above your head and after you split your stuck with her name above your head really doesn't help...

you get a few treats a tiny amount of coin little rep candies thats all

for 60 bucks omfg
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont understand y ppl take these types of games so serious lol

its a game LOL u ppl make me laugh at how serious you get about getting married in a game b:laughb:laughb:victory

He's all being the big guy pfft >_> Your taste in character design says a little about real life you. I haven't found any guys I'm willing to marry myself ._. sadness. Standards too high or what? I have two characters on the ssanctuary server and I gotta say...Each and everytime I get on there, I see an arguement on world chat -_-; No place to talk about seriousness ._.

I know a game when I'm playing it. i'm in school to create my own in the future..
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thus the need to be picky on who you choose to marry.
  • mrsummit
    mrsummit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    [...........................................
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    He's all being the big guy pfft >_> Your taste in character design says a little about real life you. I haven't found any guys I'm willing to marry myself ._. sadness. Standards too high or what? I have two characters on the ssanctuary server and I gotta say...Each and everytime I get on there, I see an arguement on world chat -_-; No place to talk about seriousness ._.

I know a game when I'm playing it. i'm in school to create my own in the future..

I just mentioned how a few of you talk about marrying in PW a big thing and how u get hit on and all kinds of funny stuff to me it sounds like u take this game like it was real life lol just play for fun not to make a decision like its goignt o affect you in real life
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm being half attacked here too ....I know this isn't real life.

I don't want "_____'s" Wife over my head when he's an and flirting with everyone else, but his wife >_> wth do they marry for? Thinking too lighty on these things...
  • wyrde
    wyrde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's 60$ (or 6 million). That's a pretty hefty amount either way to take lightly.

Unfortunately, the the game is designed in a way that encourages chauvinistic behavior. Compound those design elements with the general demographic for the game and add in the results of the anonymous nature of the internet and you get a population of male players the vast majority of which are complete jerks (to put it kindly).

Not to mention that at least half the players treat PW like it was some kind of internet dating site disguised as a game. Asking for --or spontaneously supplying-- a/s/l seems to be ingrained into the psyche of most of the players. That can really creep me out at times... b:chuckle
    Get a life, she's just a character.

Exactly. If you want to get to know me, the player, then be prepared to spend some time. b:laugh

PWI is a lot like real life: Most of the good guys are already taken or (somewhat unlike real life) play venos. So you can't marry them anyway. b:chuckle

-w
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    actually it's very frustrating. yes there are 2 skills. one for each.

male gains a skill to pay everything for female. even potions.
    female gains a skill to spend even more of the male's money than before

Fixed.

Also... necro x.x
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fixed.

Also... necro x.x

Wtf you necro this for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wtf you necro this for?

I know, right?b:surrender

Closed for necro.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Rawr!!!!

Hey Kritty, it's still open :P
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey Kritty, it's still open :P

Yeah, stupid little check-boxes...

I was a little pre-occupied with getting the Secret Passage issue figured out.b:surrender

Closed now.
This discussion has been closed.