~*Ethereal*~ 30+ (Lost City)

Dimiter - Lost City
Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Guild Banter
Guild is now DEAD!

Hello and welcome to the official recruitment thread of the guild Ethereal!

Important! We are now recruiting 20+ for a limited time only!

Disclaimer: Here's a message to all the people who've been crying about being PK-ed by Ethereal members. We are a PK guild. We PK everyone we think can be PK-ed and is worth PK-ing. And that usually means, we'll PK most people if we feel like it. Grow up or reroll on another server if you don't like this.

What is Ethereal?

Ethereal is a level 3 faction based in the Lost City server. We are a friendly bunch of people who help each other out, but most importantly, chill out and have fun together! We have more than 100 members and most of them are 30+. Many are 40+ and 50+ and we have some in their 60s too. We're also still a new faction so we're developing quickly and hoping to one day become a big and tight-knit guild.

New!

We now have a brand new website where we can talk about all our daily affairs. We've already posted some screenshots of our members and links to a few guides. We're always looking for more people to come discuss various topics with us. The website can be found here.

What do you do?

We do lots of things. Actually, a better question would be 'What don't you do?'. Simply put, we do everything we can think of. This can range from help with FBs and quest bosses to TT runs and PK-ing. Whatever you feel like doing, there's always bound to be someone who can join you and make things more interesting.

Are there any requirements to join your awesome guild?

For the moment, the only requirements are to be on the Lost City server, be above lvl 20 and be active. Keep in mind that this requirement is very generous and we're likely to raise it in the near future. We accept all classes and builds. We also are an international guild as we have members from all over the world. This means whereever you live, it won't be a problem to be a member of Ethereal.

So, I like Ethereal and I meet the reqs, what do I do?

You post an application on this thread or whisper one of Ethereal's ranked members to tell us you want to become part of our faction. We'll then try to get in touch with you as soon as possible.

To apply via the recruitment thread, use the sample application given below. Just copy it and paste it onto a reply, then fill the missing information.

~Member's application~
In-game name:
Class:
Level:
Reason why you want to join Ethereal:
~End of application~
Post edited by Dimiter - Lost City on

Comments

• Dimiter - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    If you have any questions or matters that you want to discuss with our guild, you're welcome to direct them at Ethereal's ranked members or post here.

List of Ethereal Officers

Leader:

- CRAKO

Director:

- Norgannon

Marshals:

- Dimiter
    - Erili
    - violer

Executors:

- AsianDevil
    - Ghost_Eyes
    - Tagart
    - RenHan
    - Amera
    - Berrysea
    - Kalien
    - xX_Uryu_Xx
    - XxCrossxX
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Update!

The lvl 3 faction Ethereal will be accepting for a limited time only players below lvl 30 who play on the Lost City server and wish to become part of our guild! Please use the application form provided in the original post to submit your application.

Join Ethereal today, you will not regret it!
  • Sympathetic - Lost City
    Sympathetic - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Heya, oh nice thread Dimiter i hope this will bring us some new mates^^
    well, I've been in this guild for a couple months now and i really enjoyed every minute, everyone is so friendly and there's always something we can laugh about. :D

We do FBs everyday and help eachother as good as we can!

I'm really proud to be a part of Ethereal ^_^

Join too, you won't regret it :D
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Looking for more PK-ers and people who like to have fun. We really do have a lot of fun at Ethereal so don't miss your chance to join now. b:laugh
  • Tarterus - Lost City
    Tarterus - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So, hi. I was one of the earliest members. I left about a month ago because I dont play this char anymore and I didnt like all the PKing. Im just wondering what happened to HayyZ? I knew sulli pretty well before I left, he was a pretty good guy, he deserves it. b:laugh I guess I just want to wish you good luck your a good bunch. b:victory
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Hi Tarterus. I remember you because I was already a member of Ethereal when you left, although at that time I didn't have much time to play so I wasn't very active. b:pleased

About HayyZ, I don't think anyone here knows what really happened. What we know is that he started to leave the guild for short periods and have an alt run it and at some point he completely left us. Maybe he found another guild where people suit his playstyle more or he grew tired of being a leader.

Anyhow, that doesn't mean we at Ethereal have given up on our main objective: having fun. You can be certain that with sullivan as leader and a bunch of other nice guys like CRAKO, Sympathetic and Erili, to name a few, we're now building up a new and better Ethereal. There's already a strong sense of community within the guild and our core is stable, most of the inactives were kicked and we're now again growing in numbers and power. Hopefully, we'll manage to attract a greater part of the people in the 30-60 level range, as that is what we're looking for right now.

You're welcome to come back to Ethereal with this character or another, if you feel like it. You shouldn't worry too much about PK-ing because at Ethereal, we do what we please and no one will ever demand that you go PK-ing. There are these members who don't PK at all and there are those who PK casually and, of course, there are some who PK most of the time. What matters is, you can do whatever you want to, be it questing, grinding or PK-ing, and still be an active part of our community. b:victory

Above all, however, our aim continues to be 'have fun as much as possible'. And we're happy to announce that Ethereal makes having fun possible. b:laugh
  • Tarterus - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the story on HayyZ. I may take you up on your offer, I dont now. I have seen sulli sitting in Wellspring Village for the past two days. LOL! Consider this a bump. ^^
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Update!

Thanks to our Director, Inaz, we now have a brand new website where we can talk about all our daily affairs. We've already posted some screenshots of our members and will give you the URL, should you wish to become a member of Ethereal.

I have also provided an update to the faction officers list as there have been a few changes.

Here's a message to all the people who've been crying about being PK-ed by Ethereal members. We are a PK guild. We PK everyone we think can be PK-ed and is worth PK-ing. And that usually means, we'll PK most people if we feel like it. Grow up or reroll on another server if you don't like this.

We're still accepting players below lvl 30 until further notice. However, we continue to aim mostly for people in the 30-60 lvl range with whom we can do a lot more stuff together. We'd prefer PK-ers but we'd also appreciate people who don't PK because we don't force our members to do something they may not like. Hopefully we'll be seeing more new faces in Ethereal in the coming days and weeks as our main objective still holds true: have as much fun as possible.
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Update!

We are no longer recruiting people below lvl 30. In fact, we plan to make a sweep of all characters below lvl 30 this week and start accepting only lvl 35+ very soon. This means, if you want to join us and are above 30, hurry up and don't miss your chance to become part of this amazing faction!
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Maybe you could be KandyLand's allies. b:avoid
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    That's a very interesting offer you have there Rundora. We random PK guilds should support each other. b:pleased

I've relayed your message to those members who visit these boards less frequently but I didn't manage to get the leader. I don't know who's your leader so I couldn't PM them either.

If you want to ally us, whisper sullivan, Inaz or CRAKO. They seem to be our most active members and will be glad to talk to you.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's a very interesting offer you have there Rundora. We random PK guilds should support each other. b:pleased

I've relayed your message to those members who visit these boards less frequently but I didn't manage to get the leader. I don't know who's your leader so I couldn't PM them either.

If you want to ally us, whisper sullivan, Inaz or CRAKO. They seem to be our most active members and will be glad to talk to you.

Just a suggestion, unfortunately I'm not an officer in KandyLand, but if I can catch one on, maybe I can ask them b:chuckle
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Thank you for the offer anyway.

If anyone else wants to contact us about alliances and such, they're free to do so by PM-ing the people I listed in the above post.
  • Cysus - Lost City
    Cysus - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have a level 23archer, (made him just for pking..) and after I get 35 I'd like to see if I could join your guild. I'll PM you when I get there, just giving you a heads-up. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of Sacrifice
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Update!

We are now recruiting only levels 35+! This means that if you're higher than 30, but lower than 35, you can still apply to join and if we think you'll fit in, you may be accepted.

We continue to look for more PvP-ers and mostly PK-ers as PK-ing is one of our main guild activities. We're also looking for people with a sense of humour who like having fun.
    I have a level 23archer, (made him just for pking..) and after I get 35 I'd like to see if I could join your guild. I'll PM you when I get there, just giving you a heads-up. b:victory

Sure, we'll gladly accept you once you hit 35 (unless we have raised level reqs again) as we're looking for more PK-ers. Just be active with the character you plan to join us with and it'll be no problem being part of Ethereal.
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Update!

Over the past week we have had discussions where we eventually decided it's best to raise the lvl requirement to 40+. This change will take effect immediately. We'd like to remind players that if they're above 30, they may still be accepted if we deem them worthy of joining Ethereal.

I've also provided an updated account of our ranked members. If you need to contact us about anything, be it KOS, alliance, whatever, feel free to talk to one of our officers in-game.

We're still on the lookout for more PK-ers and people that don't get scared easily. Our faction is not for those faint at heart. We enjoy what we do here and we're good at it. If you want to learn from the pros, don't hesitate to join us.
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Still looking for active PK-ers to liven things up a bit on this carebear server. b:laugh
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Looks like you're 35 eh? Feel free to PM any officer to let you join if you still want to do so and so everyone else, here I post updated list of Ethereal officers:

Leader:

- sullivan (Blademaster)

Director:

- Inaz (Venomancer)

Marshals:

- DImiter (Archer)
    - CRAKO (Barbarian)
    - Erili (Venomancer)
    - Norgannon (Blademaster)

Executors:

- Natarle
    - Sympathetic
    - Tagart
    - EVG
    - Listen
    - Escarte
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I was thinking he had another character that he wanted to join us with? b:puzzled

Anyway, thank you Norg for providing an updated list of the Ethereal officers. I've edited my post on the first page of this thread to show the changes. b:pleased
  • Jubas - Lost City
    Jubas - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    NOOBS!!!! i saw 5 of ur guys try and kill a lvl 40 barb and our guys wer lvl50+ kinda sad...well actually very sad. best advice 4 u guys dont pk ur not ready and im sure u cant defend all ur guildies whn u go on a kos by another guild.
    LOl anyways GZ ALL D WAY!!!
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    i saw 4 of ur guys kill a lvl 50 barb with hiero and lots of CS **** and our guys wer lvl38, lvl 49, lvl 50, lvl 52 with crappy equips and no hieros after which the barb got so butthurt that he called 2 60+ friends with their CS **** to actually manage to kill the lvl 38 kinda sad...well actually very sad. best advice 4 u guys pk all the way ur great and im sure u can kos every other guild.
    LOl anyways GZ SUCK ALL D WAY!!!

There you have it. Thanks a lot Jubas! b:laugh
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    NuNuie - Lost City Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for telling me you guys are a guild I can pk in peace. Don't be fooled by this avatar. You're now on my fun to kill list. b:cute
    Names given to me by forum folks. The most fail of fail
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    3.r3tard__8.Wannabe Troll
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

Please keep on guessing who I am. I love this game!!!
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Don't be fooled by this avatar.

Well yeah, it'd suck to be PK-ed by a banned user. b:pleased
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Update!

We have just carried out another sweep of our inactive members below lvl 40 and as of now we will be accepting lvl 40+. Exceptions for lvl 30+ can be made in very special cases only.

We're also still in the process of utilizing our website to its full potential, but we hope that in the coming weeks we'll see a lot more active discussions.

We continue to look mostly for PvP-oriented players, as PK-ing becomes one of Ethereal's hallmark activities. That being said, we won't force anyone to PK people, but we'll appreciate it if carebears don't apply for joining our guild.
  • Tarterus - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Well yeah, it'd suck to be PK-ed by a banned user. b:pleased

Hahahahahahahah!!
    So, I met with Brootal the other day and she said she was the one who started Ethereal. Wow, never knew that. =D Then, I asked her about HayyZ and she said he PAYED for the Leader position. I LOL'ed so hard. It sounds like something he would do.b:laughb:chuckle
  • Lagonir - Lost City
    Lagonir - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Heyy.. it's me again (Cysus, the guy who posted a while ago) and i'm lvl 34 now.. I know your recruiting 40+ but I also saw that there are exceptions, so I'm hoping :) Anyways, here goes the application.

~Member's application~

In-game name: Lagonir

Class: Archer

Level: 34 (would be much higher level, but pking get's distracting :P)

Reason why you want to join Ethereal: I've been looking for a PK based faction for a long time.. and since I made and built this account around PvP, I thought you would be the best option for somebody my level.

~End of application~

Again, if you think I'm not good enough to meet the reqs, that's fine, I'll just have to power lvl for a bit. Another thing i might mention.. is that i've been blood red at least 5 times from lvl 30-32 xD Anyways.. see you in-game (I'm going on pwi right after writing this)

Cheers.