Making Money As A Cleric/Winged Elf:

Silphe - Lost City
Silphe - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
Firstly, as a Winged Elf, you can fly. USE THAT! Upgrade to fly faster, do anything to make yourself fly faster. Besides that, on my cleric, I made over 1000 gold on my cleric. In five minutes. Why? I sold EVERYTHING I PICKED UP! Sell Limestone, sell everything that monsters drop, unless it's a material that you need. You do that and you will be rich. At L18, my Archer, who bought every bow and sword she wanted, and still had 35k to spare. Go on, try it!
Post edited by Silphe - Lost City on

Comments

• Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    o.O

I can't tell if you're serious or not.
  • Silphe - Lost City
    Silphe - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Shockingly, I am serious. Why, is it hard for you guys to keep money? I usually have 10k+ at the end of spending sprees.
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Shockingly, I am serious. Why, is it hard for you guys to keep money? I usually have 10k+ at the end of spending sprees.

You're serious?
  • silphe
    silphe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes. Yes I am.
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wait till higher levels xD <-just spent 800k on skills alone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What you pick up wont be enuff later on >.>
    3 skills 250k, pots for constant FBs, and quick TTs, you end up spending 400k min daily at my lv, so i can say "find a better way"

EDIT
    at your lv you can make 50k easy in 15min ^_^
    b:dirty
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's so cute, you're zest and excitement over 10k left over. I'm a level 83 cleric, and I spend around 400k a day on a charm. Crazy Stone quest costs me 72k a day. With daily repair bills...I'm looking at expense of 600,000 coins...minimum, each day. This is IF I don't have to help guildies with fb's, TT runs, etc...not even including any XP scrolls for grinding.

That's just for "basic" supplies and one quest.

Gear? Two of the 40 mats I needed for armor cost 1 million each...and let's not talk about the total for the rest. -_-...and that was just the chest piece. Weapon, refining, and stones for the weapon cost millions. Plural. Just for my latest weapon.

Cleric is not cheap. It's one of the most expensive in the game...even if you aren't concerned with having "the best" equipment.

So, enjoy the cheapness while it lasts, and don't let it get you down too much when it takes a few days or more to get equipment you need, much less "want"...
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have not had that much on an issue with money since I stopped using the teleports. I saved up for a mount and have made my money back on that twice over. I do think its cute that u think 10k is alot. Spending almost 200k on a single skill does get painfull. But thanks to the chistmas event and some dumb luck, I have a few mill to help me with that. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u want good money and i tell this to everyone that says they are broke..umm farm mid mats lol...refined steel,willow steak,finecoal,rubstone and sell in a afkshop,auctionhouse or for the quick cash sell to people buying it in archosaur.Theres been plenty of times i have been a supplier to other people i know in the game.I made most of my millions off of mid mats,basicly if you find a good farm route and know the timings of the spawn u can roll the area for hours..unless you get a scrub farmer that hits one of the spawns and throw the respawn off for a lil bit or fighting for the route an experienced farmer is farming..i love the challenges of mat farming!Mid mats come in handy for wines and making ultimate subs for the tt gears and such..ults sell from 50-60k each and im sure u can bank on that..trust me.You have alot of lazy high lvls and high lvls that just dont know how to make easy cash unless it is grinding and wasting hp charms and mp charms lol.
    You will be amazed what $$ you can make in 1 and a half hours.

spending moneys on tele's and such will become chumpchange if you keep the farming up.Spending cash will be a no fear situation because you will know how to get it back in a flash!!Learn how to save moneys..add 30-50% of your earnings into the bank and dont mess with it,provide yourself with an allowance(thats what i do)to use for tele's and maybe buying crazy stone items..if your dont do crazy stone no more jsut bank the 25k a day and thats 225k a week..if you take from the bank then put back into the bank..if you borrow moneys from a friend always pay them back first!!!You may need that extra cash again and you will earn a trust!You all can make it a perfect world and not a broke world.

i really think people feel they are in some kinda race or something to lvl LOL!!
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Scryxalis - Sanctuary
    Scryxalis - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why, is it hard for you guys to keep money? I usually have 10k+ at the end of spending sprees.

Making money and its difficulty depends on your methods.
    Sure, pick up limestones (which sells for like, what, 200 coins?) and that will be enough to support your little test tube pots and lvl 5 skills. As your level rises, that's the time you'll realise that picking limestones won't be enough, and then you'll have to find other sources of income. This other sources of income, is what is hard to figure out, if you don't know your niche in the market. ;) Now if you do, like what we have above in Krel's case, then making money won't be such a toughee. ;p
  • Son_Goku - Lost City
    Son_Goku - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hey krel,
    thank you very much for a very informative postb:victory
  • Twilight - Lost City
    Twilight - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    HH parties are ALWAYS looking for clerics to come. I make quite a lot of money just coming to heal and make 200k-600k per run in hh items. Quite a good method if you find digging mats boring
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I hav Idea go to plume pick a saliva root then go sell that root for 10mill. bam ur rich
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mizujo - Sanctuary
    Mizujo - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Rawr, thats alot of gold you have to spend at high lvls. -.-
  • eicscess
    eicscess Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u want good money and i tell this to everyone that says they are broke..umm farm mid mats lol...refined steel,willow steak,finecoal,rubstone and sell in a afkshop,auctionhouse or for the quick cash sell to people buying it in archosaur.Theres been plenty of times i have been a supplier to other people i know in the game.I made most of my millions off of mid mats,basicly if you find a good farm route and know the timings of the spawn u can roll the area for hours..unless you get a scrub farmer that hits one of the spawns and throw the respawn off for a lil bit or fighting for the route an experienced farmer is farming..i love the challenges of mat farming!Mid mats come in handy for wines and making ultimate subs for the tt gears and such..ults sell from 50-60k each and im sure u can bank on that..trust me.You have alot of lazy high lvls and high lvls that just dont know how to make easy cash unless it is grinding and wasting hp charms and mp charms lol.
    You will be amazed what $$ you can make in 1 and a half hours.

spending moneys on tele's and such will become chumpchange if you keep the farming up.Spending cash will be a no fear situation because you will know how to get it back in a flash!!Learn how to save moneys..add 30-50% of your earnings into the bank and dont mess with it,provide yourself with an allowance(thats what i do)to use for tele's and maybe buying crazy stone items..if your dont do crazy stone no more jsut bank the 25k a day and thats 225k a week..if you take from the bank then put back into the bank..if you borrow moneys from a friend always pay them back first!!!You may need that extra cash again and you will earn a trust!You all can make it a perfect world and not a broke world.

i really think people feel they are in some kinda race or something to lvl LOL!!

Hes right...
    I am full attack cleric,I don`t got those great heals and buffs that normal cleric has...I`m just based on full dmg,solo,pvp way,and support the healer(taking aggro bla bla...) in some pve..when others hear:no heals,no buffs,only dmg? Why not take a wiz or archer=>i dont get invited in FB`s,TT`s etc... and I do not need them :)
    And Krel way to make cash is prety good if your not a healerb:chuckle
    I`m using the same method like Krel,so try it,its not a hard way to make cash
  • Flyssa - Sanctuary
    Flyssa - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hm well I don't blame people for not accepting you. Full attack is pointless and you should have gone Wizard. I'm not full attack but I guarentee I can kill any FA around my level and I have before. b:chuckle

I don't think most of us need alot of lessons on making money. As long as you don't spend the money you can't spare on pointless things like clothes and mounts you shouldn't have a problem affording the majority of the useful things.
    I didn't start buying clothes until I knew for sure I wouldn't regret spending the extra money, and I haven't b:cute
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u want good money and i tell this to everyone that says they are broke..umm farm mid mats lol...refined steel,willow steak...

Mmmm, willow steak. b:chuckle
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Nora - Lost City
    Nora - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I hav Idea go to plume pick a saliva root then go sell that root for 10mill. bam ur rich

LOL b:laugh
  • Aelitaz - Heavens Tear
    Aelitaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    When I was something lvl 36, I had about 750k, but then I spend it...
    And now (I was/am lvl 44, when I posted this)I have about 300k...
    I can't get more money than that 300k.
    And always, when I get more money, I ALWAYS find a way to spend it, exapmle to skills...b:surrender
    "Kun min
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    And after lv50 you can have 1-2 millions, just you spend on the new skills, EQ, etc and you havent more spared money. Later you need charm, TT stuffs, and charm (sry, charms need a lot), or you pick on apoth method and your all time spend to acquire herbs and do TT (if i dont mentioned before). Cleric is costly to play, but i like it from lv1, and for moneymaking, i recommend an alt veno.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im sastified with 2m a dayb:pleased
  • deeshine
    deeshine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    on my Veno I have 120k on lvl 18... so what? b:chuckle
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Dawww...I was like OP like a month ago. lol Now I'm here wondering if I should keep trying to get by on my outdated gear or buy skills. b:cry What do I do?!

But yeah, selling mats is a great moneymaker but then you'll always have a full inventory...-_- Putting away small portions of your money is a great idea too. If you get into the habit of doing it, it'll build up gradually...but even then you'll never have enough to get and do everything so choose wisely...

Or you could just go broke and poor while grinding for quests and on whatever mob you can beat at the time...that also means slower leveling and meditating but like someone said before lol why level like it's a race?
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Besides that, on my cleric, I made over 1000 gold on my cleric. In five minutes. Why?

This just... baffles me.

1000 gold would be something approaching 200 million coins. So you could not have earned 1000 gold in five minutes.

But one level 91 dragon quest item would be worth so much you could have made nearly 4000 coins in one second, just by picking one up. Or, if you include combat time, maybe you would need 20..30 seconds? Or, you could include level-up time...

Or maybe, you mean back when you first started, you had a thousand coins within five minutes of having created your character?

b:question

b:mischievous

b:chuckle
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Awwie reminds me of the good old days when i used to stash 25k coins in my bank and have 20k in my inventory! b:cool
  • dvant
    dvant Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ok i agree with the noob, to a degree. im lvl 52Cleric right now and i am honestly turning over about 600k a night with the auction and catshop. I only spend 300 a day tho. So really my collective wealth will be insane by lvl 80. and i really think most of you higher lvl guys are waisting money on tacky things like bekini's. Anyway also try traiding in gold. I'm making 110k a day buying and selling gold. You need to simply make stopping by the auction house a regular trip... (And buy my stuff)b:chuckle
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    dvant wrote: »
    Ok i agree with the noob, to a degree. im lvl 52Cleric right now and i am honestly turning over about 600k a night with the auction and catshop. I only spend 300 a day tho. So really my collective wealth will be insane by lvl 80. and i really think most of you higher lvl guys are waisting money on tacky things like bekini's.

I've never bought any fashion, never used piggies and used like 4 world chat tele's- max in this game. And still i'm broke! b:cry

I do buy lots of Auction House junk tho. b:surrender
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Always have ~2mil on me, but i think i am broke.
    That can go in 1 day for nothing >.>
    b:dirty
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009

i couldnt agree with ya more lol.
    seems like all my friends are entirely focused on leveling, while i've been farming fb's and stuff. got some molds outta it and used to pick low mats for my shop. i live fairly comfortably on my veno or cleric (whichever i happen to feel like playing lol)

playing ur character goin out killing things isnt the only way to make money
    and how high your lvl is isnt the most important thing, it is the journey to that high lvl, because when you hit that high level what else is there? lol
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • rinalol
    rinalol Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol ussualy i tend to read what everyone says XD

but heck 200k on skills? O_o thats insane, for me at least.
    im only lvl 38 and ive been going on this thing like "take everything-sell everything" thing lol and im going fine with money x'D

but as i see, from higher lvl it gets really painful.
    really, i hope i will have money for the armor at least b:surrender