Trouble picking class...

pezley
pezley Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm a first time player, and having trouble settling on one class I want to use. So I thought I'd ask for some recommendations. Right now, I'm leaning mostly towards cleric or blademaster. Anyone have a suggestion?
Post edited by pezley on

Comments

• Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think I would suggest you play cleric!

b:cute
  • pezley
    pezley Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks, I think I might. Depends on if my friend can download the game or not I guess.
  • Bradskater - Heavens Tear
    Bradskater - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would suggest a Blademaster or a Venomancer because Blademasters attack the fastest and have pretty good attack to boot. and Venomancers are the best soloers you can have many pets to take the hit for you also.b:laugh
  • Beastsxxx - Lost City
    Beastsxxx - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    pezley wrote: »
    I'm a first time player, and having trouble settling on one class I want to use. So I thought I'd ask for some recommendations. Right now, I'm leaning mostly towards cleric or blademaster. Anyone have a suggestion?

ii would go venomancer because i just made 1 ill send u a pic shes a good char shes strong and her pet lvs fast and when my pet is at lv 6 it can take on monsters by itself
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For a first time player I would actually suggest trying out all of the classes until level 20 before deciding on one to stick with. 20 is easily attained in 2-3 nights of casual gameplay, even for a novice. This will give you a rough idea of how each class will play and help you to make a more informed decision. I would also suggest checking the various "stickied" guides in the class forums for appropriate build advise. Nothing ruins a character like a poor build.

Between cleric and Bm though, do you want to sit back and heal or be up front smashing things? Clerics get group invites more often, but BM's are a lot more "hands on".
  • Kezrien - Sanctuary
    Kezrien - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pretty much what she ^ said. I've played both classes. So, do you plan to solo most of the time, or party? (The blademaster I made, which was mostly vit, quite a bit of str and little dex, soloed pretty well. Of my clerics, my full attack one almost always had to be in a party but my mix did decently well on his own, just not in FBs...)
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For a first time player I would actually suggest trying out all of the classes until level 20 before deciding on one to stick with. 20 is easily attained in 2-3 nights of casual gameplay, even for a novice. This will give you a rough idea of how each class will play and help you to make a more informed decision. I would also suggest checking the various "stickied" guides in the class forums for appropriate build advise. Nothing ruins a character like a poor build. QUOTE]

I also just tried every class till lvl10 or so. I recently ran into an archer who just started, and also recommanded him to try every thing. As a result, he's now experimenting with a veno, and really likes it.
    You can see if you like the gameplay of a class pretty fast, and by checking it's skill tree. So just try for a while, and then delete the ones you didn't like.

If I had to choose Cleric or BM, I would go BM. The reason is quite simple: I'm just a melee fan, and don't like standing behind someone else. As you can see, this is very personal, so for you it might be the exact opposite.

Also take into account the different builds: A sword BM isn't a hammer BM! Like Daerys said, check the stickied guides, they will give you an idea of the class.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have a level 63 cleric
    54 barbarian
    44 archer
    39 blademaster
    35 wizard

I found the cleric to - solo more magic/poison mobs or bosses
    easiesr time grinding and doing his quests
    easier to be poor
    saved money on pots and charms