How fair can a poll be, with all our alts voting?

Options
ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Does it make sense to put up a poll in order to force PW into one direction, using all our alternate characters to vote for or against something???

I don't think so. Such a poll would be highly unbalanced, as evidenced by the last poll being exploited to satisfy a bunch of paranoid freaks who are basing their premises on pure speculation.

Common sense should prevail here... unless some bizarroid group is trying to destroy PW and its community.

Look, don't make polls. If you don't like it, just leave altogether, no one will cry, and if there's only 20% of us left -- those who are happy to use the boutique and encourage an FTP game's staff members -- well, so be it.

b:shutup
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Does it make any sense to think that a poll will in any way affect how PWI handles the situation?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good idea Im gonna go and make over 300 alts on each file and vote so the GMs will not notice me
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Does it make any sense to think that a poll will in any way affect how PWI handles the situation?

That's good news then!

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just checked in on the "Rollback, no rollback" poll thread. 600-ish users so far have voted. Out of a claimed 50 million accounts. Somehow I just don't think the poll can give a realistic representation of how the community at large wishes to see things done.
  • shuradecoy
    shuradecoy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Does it make sense to put up a poll in order to force PW into one direction, using all our alternate characters to vote for or against something???

I don't think so. Such a poll would be highly unbalanced, as evidenced by the last poll being exploited to satisfy a bunch of paranoid freaks who are basing their premises on pure speculation.

Common sense should prevail here... unless some bizarroid group is trying to destroy PW and its community.

Look, don't make polls. If you don't like it, just leave altogether, no one will cry, and if there's only 20% of us left -- those who are happy to use the boutique and encourage an FTP game's staff members -- well, so be it.

I just wish all the ragequit leave the game :p
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    WlNG - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't know. As previous game community forums I've been in, PW is by far the most mature and easy going. So I'm guessing the polls aren't as bad. People in PW tend to be older too so the spamming alt shouldn't be that bad, but your right, it can't be as accurate and it's a way to force PW in on direction.

But when you think of it, the GM's have the power.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh comeon, it makes them feel better, and it's fun to click the buttons. Mostly it's fun to click the buttons.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh comeon, it makes them feel better, and it's fun to click the buttons. Mostly it's fun to click the buttons.

It's also fun to be a lv 1 and click a lv 85 mob twice 0.0
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just checked in on the "Rollback, no rollback" poll thread. 600-ish users so far have voted. Out of a claimed 50 million accounts. Somehow I just don't think the poll can give a realistic representation of how the community at large wishes to see things done.

There was a event some months ago, that if you added PWI to your friends and that number would reach 5000 or 6000 (dont remember) there would be a week of 150% xp and spirit. After 3 weeks that number had not been reached. Now within 8 hours 622 ppl have voted, without any external or in game promotion.

On topic: That goes both ways. Like all rollback voters have multiple accounts, and the no voters dont....
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's also fun to be a lv 1 and click a lv 85 mob twice 0.0

I KNOW, but isn't it though? b:pleased

*runs off to go click the buttons some more*
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I KNOW, but isn't it though? b:pleased

*runs off to go click the buttons some more*

xD Nyaaaa, it's fun adventuring when your a low level.
  • Supaman - Lost City
    Supaman - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

No but good point. i'll go vote No with the 4 alts i got, right now. wish i had more alts. heres one
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Like someone else already said, it's possible that ppl bring alts to vote yes and no. I don't understand why we can't make polls? I made it to get a sense of how many ppl actually want a rollback. It may not be accurate but I'm not conducting a scientific experiment here.
    Also, I think that getting 600+ responses on this forum is fantastic since the forum is hardly active. Just how many of those are alts? I don't think we will ever know. I suspect more will vote as those that play will come onto the forum to find out just what's holding the game up.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Also, I think that getting 600+ responses on this forum is fantastic since the forum is hardly active. Just how many of those are alts? I don't think we will ever know. I suspect more will vote as those that play will come onto the forum to find out just what's holding the game up.

You're right, that thread of yours did very well in terms of attracting responses, which were quite entertaining too, well done.

My main point was that, whether pro or con, how really accurate can it be if we can all use our alts to vote, after all, there is power in numbers, isn't there?!

b:laugh
    Crafting:
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I found it pretty damn odd when every form I was in , had about 92% of the responses against the rollback, yet the polls we're like.. totally different. o.o
    Only ones I've seen for it so far are accounts without icons, or level 2xs. =P
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I found it pretty damn odd when every form I was in , had about 92% of the responses against the rollback, yet the polls we're like.. totally different. o.o
    Only ones I've seen for it so far are accounts without icons, or level 2xs. =P

So...an account without an icon carries less weight than one with some random number attached to it?

lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The PWI polls never mean anything when less than 100,000 people vote. When more than that, you few alt votes won't alter the outcome too much.

The official emergency maint thread had 80,000+ views and the "roll back - no roll back" poll has about 20,000 views. Needless too say, the majority of the PWI community are doing something else and did not both looking.

At least the "roll back or not" poll is unbiased. I am against all biased polls that tries to hijack public for own ideas - no matter if I support those ideas.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    cottman wrote: »
    At least the "roll back or not" poll is unbiased. I am against all biased polls that tries to hijack public for own ideas - no matter if I support those ideas.

Err...hmm, unbiased??? You believe that, I got a bridge to sell to you, very cheap!

b:chuckle
    Crafting:
  • SweetMisty - Heavens Tear
    SweetMisty - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi to all!

I think we should give some credit to the GMs here....This game is a big game and for sure they will be able to find the "culprits" without making everyone pay for it...wich they would if they do a roll back...

I'm pretty sure they have access to everyone's account and IP...so people that take advantage of this game can and will be found by our Game Masters!

Keep up the good work and don't let the coffee get cold! b:chuckle
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    <--- can't believe how impatient people can be. It's astonishing, quite honestly. Go outside, ride a bike, play your 360, go to bed, don't just keep sitting here spamming the same **** over and over again. It's not getting anyone, anywhere, at all. They gave an ETA, so suck it up and wait until then. =.=
  • jazzboo
    jazzboo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    <--- can't believe how impatient people can be. It's astonishing, quite honestly. Go outside, ride a bike, play your 360, go to bed, don't just keep sitting here spamming the same **** over and over again. It's not getting anyone, anywhere, at all. They gave an ETA, so suck it up and wait until then. =.=
    He's 100% right
    It is not for people to know when they are going to die. Both you and me might not have much longer to live. But there is no such thing as cheap lives, regardless of whether you choose to welcome death or run away from it.

IGN: Divva