Pets after lvl 60

Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
Wat pet should I get or tame after level 60 for future neccesary? I hav Snow Hare n Torgirn Brave as pets now. I asked around and sum ppl told me 2 get Howlin but they r rare..so any advice?
Post edited by Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wat pet should I get or tame after level 60 for future neccesary? I hav Snow Hare n Torgirn Brave as pets now. I asked around and sum ppl told me 2 get Howlin but they r rare..so any advice?

Kowlin is really only useful for its speed, it's a fantastic puller for that reason, and also pretty good for pvp with the right skills.

It's always good to have a golem for your standard PvE questing and when you need a very strong physical tank.

I would recommend a shaodu cub...but since you were worried about the kowlins rarity...the shaodu is typically even worse.

Obviously Phoenix and Hercules are going to be overall best, but I have neither and I do fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I always wanted the Shaudo Cub but there r a lil expensive 2 buy >.>
    Where could I tame the Kowlin? r they hard 2 tame..since they r rare 2?
  • Marlah - Sanctuary
    Marlah - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/9192

That's where you can get one. 12 hour spawn. 5 hours right after a maintence. like every other 12 hour rare pet spawn.

beware venos 80+ they have channeling rings not to mention lvl 10 tame. and some of them, sadly enough, will kill the rare spawn for fun.

If you want a puller, that isnt rare, I suggest grabbing a Soulchaser. it looks like KunKun. and its lvl 54 and easy to find. he doesnt have a lot of hp (duh he aint a tank) but hes pretty speedy for a non rare pet. i love my Soulchaser, even though he gets sacrififced a lot for boss pulls b:chuckle

poor Kunkun b:pleased

edit: other good pets
    since you're 54, i suggest going over to Misforunte and going underwater to tame a mermaid.
    keep your torim brave, hes a good tank. (except under water and in the air of course)
    for a flying pet, if you dont have one, get a foxwing of some sort.

so in short:
    Water pet: Mermaid
    Land pet: Golem
    Puller : Soulchaser
    Air pet: Foxwing or a Bee if you grabbed one at earlier lvls.
    edited January 2009
    I heard from sum ppl that the Snow Hare is useless as a pet n suggested that I should buy a frog or the Dodo Bear..Are they each cost like 1mil? and hard 2 find the ones with the same or a lil higher lvl then me so I dont hav 2 level it up..I treid 2 save the money for the dodo but cant ever get it up to 1mil with all the skills 2 learn n things 2 buy b:sad n I would hav 2 start the loyalty again..so suggestions on how I could make more money in game? :P
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I heard from sum ppl that the Snow Hare is useless as a pet n suggested that I should buy a frog or the Dodo Bear..Are they each cost like 1mil? and hard 2 find the ones with the same or a lil higher lvl then me so I dont hav 2 level it up..I treid 2 save the money for the dodo but cant ever get it up to 1mil with all the skills 2 learn n things 2 buy b:sad n I would hav 2 start the loyalty again..so suggestions on how I could make more money in game? :P

The snow hare isn't super terrible...but there are plenty of better pets to use. You can get a frog, which I highly recommend as a pet, for around 250k. The Shaodu Cub, or "dodo bear", is up to nearly 2 million now. settling around 1.7-1.9 mil. If you really want to use a rare type pet, but can't afford the cub, I definitely recommend the frog.

If you want to make money, grind for awhile instead of questing. It makes you a lot more cash, at the cost of leveling speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Thanks b:laugh
    The frog I could afford untill I could go 4 the Shaudo Cub :P
    I personally hate grindin..I only grind wen i hav 2 and I guess I should 4 the sake of the Cute lil Polar bear b:chuckleb:pleased
    But between Howlin and the Frog, which 1 is a better pet? I think the frog since I already hav a tank but its good 2 hav other opinions 2 xD :D
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Thanks b:laugh
    The frog I could afford untill I could go 4 the Shaudo Cub :P
    I personally hate grindin..I only grind wen i hav 2 and I guess I should 4 the sake of the Cute lil Polar bear b:chuckleb:pleased
    But between Howlin and the Frog, which 1 is a better pet? I think the frog since I already hav a tank but its good 2 hav other opinions 2 xD :D

Each has its advantages. The frog make a wonderful magic tank, and has excellent physical defense and hp for its type. It has relatively low attack power, however, and it's ability to hold aggro is somewhat sub-par unless you teach it roar or a better damage skill like bash or flesh ream. The frog is highly underrated, which is the reason it's priced the way it is....for someone looking for an inexpensive but effective pet, the frog is a wonderful choice.

The kowlin isn't bad as a magic tank, but has low physical defense. It has pretty good attack power (much higher than the frog, but not nearly as high as the golem) and decent enough hp. It starts with bash, flesh ream, AND pierce, making it VERY good at holding aggro. But the best part of a kowlin is its run speed, which, starting at a whopping 10.1 meters per second, is supreme. I often use a kowlin in situations where I can take aggro from the side or from behind. The kowlin's massive speed allows to quickly cut off would be attackers and take the aggro onto itself. The kowlin also makes a nice pvp pet due to its speed. I have yet to encounter a player that can outrun it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hopeslight
    hopeslight Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Each has its advantages. The frog make a wonderful magic tank, and has excellent physical defense and hp for its type. It has relatively low attack power, however, and it's ability to hold aggro is somewhat sub-par unless you teach it roar or a better damage skill like bash or flesh ream. The frog is highly underrated, which is the reason it's priced the way it is....for someone looking for an inexpensive but effective pet, the frog is a wonderful choice.

The kowlin isn't bad as a magic tank, but has low physical defense. It has pretty good attack power (much higher than the frog, but not nearly as high as the golem) and decent enough hp. It starts with bash, flesh ream, AND pierce, making it VERY good at holding aggro. But the best part of a kowlin is its run speed, which, starting at a whopping 10.1 meters per second, is supreme. I often use a kowlin in situations where I can take aggro from the side or from behind. The kowlin's massive speed allows to quickly cut off would be attackers and take the aggro onto itself. The kowlin also makes a nice pvp pet due to its speed. I have yet to encounter a player that can outrun it.

With speed aside, the Frog is by far the BEST rare pet there is, i am lev 75, veno, and have a frog i finally leveled to 75, i stripped all it's skills and gave it Bash, flesh ream, i forget the name of the 3rd spell now, but it reduces the mag defence of taget, and roar, ,, the P. defence AND mag defence are FAR above all the rest of the rare land pets, and it is fairly fast also, at 7.8 that not bad, it has HUGE mag defence and HUGE p. defence, makes it a far better pet than almost all ove the rares, and to a certain degree even the golum, the differance between them is so small at lev75 that i got rid of my Magmite to free up room for a armord bear i have waiting, i have been told that it becomes the best armored pet after lev 95, so we will see..
    May your days be long, and your hardships be few in life
  • Boza_Mishica - Lost City
    Boza_Mishica - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here are comparations of atributes of all in-game pets at lvl90: [Pet comparation at lvl90]

Golem: HP:2934; Attack:3240; P.def:8792; M.def:5861; Acc:1354; Dodge:1003; Atck/s:0.6; Speed:6.2

Frogling: HP:2732; Attack:2104; P.def: 7097; M.def: 8280; Acc: 1821; Dodge:1214; Atck/s:0.8; Speed: 7.7

Armored Bear: HP: 3149; Attack: 1672; P.def:7618; M.def: 7618; Acc:1259; Dodge:933; Atck/s: 0.6; Speed:8.6

best, middle, worst

In my book as far as Phys attack mobs go, Golem is by far the best choice! Don't dissregard his strength! Sure Frog has more Mag def, but also almost 1.2k less hp! Bear is only more endurable then both, but he is much slower killer then they are, and takes heck of more hits due to his low dodge! I think you all underestimate Golems worth!

PS. If you were realy lvl75 veno, how da heck could you forget the skills name, huh?And not any skill, but a very, very common skill that even I at lvl37 know! Btw its called "Howl": Scare the enemy with howl, decreasing enemy's Magic Defense by xx% for yy seconds!

I agree on Kowlin, but Guardian Wolf(lvl45) has much better stats then him, still runs 8.5 m/s, and it aint a rare pet! Some high level venos said that 8 m/s is enough to lure, and that Kowlin's speed is not realy needed, only handy!

Take in mind I'm not trying to play a smart ****, just pointing facts, and what I've heared form high levl people(80+)!
  • KiRa_y_oShi - Heavens Tear
    KiRa_y_oShi - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i have a cub and its awesome i strip his skill as well and gave him the best ones cost me 4 mills to do it but it was worth it i reraly heal it and it take cares of himself whish to me means less worry about cloness and more time to not die and run away when i get mob seriosly do u guys get mob as mush as i do every time i turn aroudn there is something there waiting to eat me aliveb:chuckle
    yes i have typos... no im nto gona correct them>.>
  • wikkid86
    wikkid86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

The best pets to have are either Cash Pets, or Pets with a very low original level.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    wikkid86 wrote: »
    The best pets to have are either Cash Pets, or Pets with a very low original level.

QFT

Some people may argue that the stat difference isn't worth the cost of training skills. Boo-hoo I say. Venos have an eeaaassssyyyy time making money. Better stats are better stats, plain and simple.
  • wikkid86
    wikkid86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    QFT

Some people may argue that the stat difference isn't worth the cost of training skills. Boo-hoo I say. Venos have an eeaaassssyyyy time making money. Better stats are better stats, plain and simple.

True, if your pet has a higher skill lvl but lower stats its not going to out perform the other and will die more often if not faster.
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here are comparations of atributes of all in-game pets at lvl90: [Pet comparation at lvl90]

Golem: HP:2934; Attack:3240; P.def:8792; M.def:5861; Acc:1354; Dodge:1003; Atck/s:0.6; Speed:6.2

Frogling: HP:2732; Attack:2104; P.def: 7097; M.def: 8280; Acc: 1821; Dodge:1214; Atck/s:0.8; Speed: 7.7

Armored Bear: HP: 3149; Attack: 1672; P.def:7618; M.def: 7618; Acc:1259; Dodge:933; Atck/s: 0.6; Speed:8.6

best, middle, worst

In my book as far as Phys attack mobs go, Golem is by far the best choice! Don't dissregard his strength! Sure Frog has more Mag def, but also almost 1.2k less hp! Bear is only more endurable then both, but he is much slower killer then they are, and takes heck of more hits due to his low dodge! I think you all underestimate Golems worth!

PS. If you were realy lvl75 veno, how da heck could you forget the skills name, huh?And not any skill, but a very, very common skill that even I at lvl37 know! Btw its called "Howl": Scare the enemy with howl, decreasing enemy's Magic Defense by xx% for yy seconds!

I agree on Kowlin, but Guardian Wolf(lvl45) has much better stats then him, still runs 8.5 m/s, and it aint a rare pet! Some high level venos said that 8 m/s is enough to lure, and that Kowlin's speed is not realy needed, only handy!

Take in mind I'm not trying to play a smart ****, just pointing facts, and what I've heared form high levl people(80+)!

We aren't saying the golem is not a good pet but its not the best magical pet, most mobs after 40 are mostly magicial so while for example I still have my golem, I find myself using my guardian wolf (my magic pet) more often. My other veno KonataPink has a frog and he's a really good magic tank. She doesn't still agro although I need to grind to get him a new skill.

On another note, stick to one bloody color please your post was blinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • tazblackferret
    tazblackferret Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what lvl is the golem
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    enough with Kowlins already LOL...they only look good

the only reason mine got to lv 70 is because i'd grind a little to sell it at an even lv..stopped using it at lv 66-67

try a Steelfang Grimalkin (lv 71 Named Quest mob), tameable & has 2 skills lv'd up

also the pets mentioned in previous posts are even better if you take the time to lv them up.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Isaid - Sanctuary
    Isaid - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    btw
    <-- mogwai

currently ppl are trying to sell Kowlins on sanct server for 1 mil...ridiculous

doing the math..extra pet slot = lots of grinding, or searching/buying with game coin, or 2 gold.
    ......................Kowlin, (if you had to buy it), currently 1 million coin, or sell like 12 gold to make the coin.

if all items are bought with game coin we're looking at around 1.7 mil
    if you converted RL cash to coin then about $20.00 USD (after fees in gold trading)

all to use a pet that will be outgrown within 10 lvs (which goes fast if your active)

but alas, vanity sells huh^^
  • Malefox - Sanctuary
    Malefox - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    While I was lucky enough to get a kowlin at level 60, (They weren't farmed so intensively then) I've found my guardian wolf to be a better all round lurer/magic tank. The kowlin is my level as I'd been using him extensively but the wolf is still level 68 and his defenses are over 500 points greater than the kowlin's, his only weak points are speed and a slightly lower attack power, which should be almost on a par with the kowlin's when he levels up. (Wraith legion attacks around Dreamweaver Port are excellent for 60+ pet levelling, by the way)

As far as physical tank pets go, both my GF and I have quadastral beetles (level 2 pale blue beetle outside Lost) and while their phys def is a little less than a golem's, they have good magic defense (essential after level 60 really) and far more importantly, they don't GET IN THE BLOODY WAY all the time b:chuckle.
    They only had tough level 1 to begin with so they do cost a bit for pet skills but have no trouble keeping aggro with flesh ream and bash.

For the stats of a wide variety of pets at level 90, take a look at http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php.

Edit: didn't notice that Boza_Mishica had already posted link, sorry >_<
    Beetle enthusiast and physical defense stone addict