Choices

Chabi - Heavens Tear
Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
One of the biggest reason i been stucked in this game for a long times, (Closed beta), is the freedoom of making a choise.
Ofc meeting alot of nice people and playing a game with ok grafic that runs very well on my old computer helps too.

So what choices are im talking about?
This is the first F2P game i played and i got hooked. Anyone with the slightest intelligence understand that nothing in this world is for free.
And that is also the fact with PW.
But we had the oppurtunity to make a choice of either paying with your own money or with time you put in to the game. By time i mean farming and earn game coins in different ways.
So i have put a sick amount of time in to the game. Many times 12h+ a day.
This has ofc made me be able to get almost everything i wanted from the game up to my current lev of 85.

I got very nice equipment and a hercules and i have not payed any reallife money for it. This maybe sounds like bragging and in a way it is im proud of what i accomplished in the game. I hope thats ok to feel like that b:victory

So now to the reason for writing this thread.

Im getting closer to do Brimstone Pit, Eden and Lunar Glade.

Up to day we been able to craft anything in game up to lev 80 items for "free". Also making wine for up to fb79 is possible for "free".
This is not the case with equipment +85 and wine anymore. You need granite, lumber essence, High Alloy Steel or Extruded Charcoal.
The only way that i know of to get this today is buying materials from the botique with gold. Please correct me if im wrong i wish i am.
So i did some calculation and to make wine for eden will cost, me or the pt if we share cost, astonishing 12g. Again please correct me if im wrong. No one would be more happier then me if thats the case.
This is only for Eden, making high level gear demands even more of this materials so you can all imagine how much this will cost you.

So what happened to the choices? Forcing us to pay 12g after leveling our chars up to high levels. And then more for crafting equipment we need to be able to play.
I feel so cheated and mislead after putting all this time in to the game.
Post edited by Chabi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't think of it as 12g. Think of it as 1.2 mil coins.

I'm fairly sure you didn't think of your herc as 250g... you thought of it as 25 mil.

Everything in this game is free... just some things are more free than others.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is not the case with equipment +85 and wine anymore. You need granite, lumber essence, High Alloy Steel or Extruded Charcoal.
    The only way that i know of to get this today is buying materials from the botique with gold. Please correct me if im wrong i wish i am.

Those can be farmed in Momaganon and Lothranis.. I don't know if you just need to be level 89 to enter or if you need to be 89 with your cultivation fairy/demon.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/3093
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Thank you for your answer demise!
    And even if i am dissapointed because i know i cant enter any of those places yet. And it makes me feel like im missing 4 levels at places i'd really liked to go to. To start gearing up for the future.
    But at least your information makes me pheeew bigtime. Knowing i dont have to spend a fortune in gold every day to do normal daily activities.
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    WlNG - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thank you for your answer demise!
    And even if i am dissapointed because i know i cant enter any of those places yet. And it makes me feel like im missing 4 levels at places i'd really liked to go to. To start gearing up for the future.
    But at least your information makes me pheeew bigtime. Knowing i dont have to spend a fortune in gold every day to do normal daily activities.

Just keep on working hard like you've done for the past 85 levels and you'll get what you want. b:laugh
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u can always buy it from other players or wait till ur level 89. i see some people selling the mats in cat shops.
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There is also a catshop normally at 1k streams that sells the mats fairly cheep.
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well just go buy the mats. The force for your Herc. can only come from the cash shop, so it's not that big of a deal if these mats are too for now.
    Just buy them from a kitty.xD
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it's true though, farming/earning what you need let alone what you want gets exceedingly more difficult. Just wait until circa lv 120b:surrender

as for me, it's part of why i have 1 lv 77 veno & then many alts...
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Well just go buy the mats. The force for your Herc. can only come from the cash shop, so it's not that big of a deal if these mats are too for now.

The Herc is a optional thing to get in the game. And for me its a choice i made for the fun of it.
    To get materials that are needed to make either wine or gear is for me a big difference.
    I dont like the feeling of being forced, not in games or in real life. I can on the other hand be lured into doing stupid and expensive stuff b:chuckle

I believe most of you can see the differense!
  • fireempress
    fireempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    one of them u feel resentful and are broke the other u feel like u were smart but are broke anyway?
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if by that u mean to include me?...then no to both, in RL as well as in game.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    One of the biggest reason i been stucked in this game for a long times, (Closed beta), is the freedoom of making a choise.
    Ofc meeting alot of nice people and playing a game with ok grafic that runs very well on my old computer helps too.

So what choices are im talking about?
    This is the first F2P game i played and i got hooked. Anyone with the slightest intelligence understand that nothing in this world is for free.
    And that is also the fact with PW.
    But we had the oppurtunity to make a choice of either paying with your own money or with time you put in to the game. By time i mean farming and earn game coins in different ways.
    So i have put a sick amount of time in to the game. Many times 12h+ a day.
    This has ofc made me be able to get almost everything i wanted from the game up to my current lev of 85.

I got very nice equipment and a hercules and i have not payed any reallife money for it. This maybe sounds like bragging and in a way it is im proud of what i accomplished in the game. I hope thats ok to feel like that b:victory

So now to the reason for writing this thread.

Im getting closer to do Brimstone Pit, Eden and Lunar Glade.

Up to day we been able to craft anything in game up to lev 80 items for "free". Also making wine for up to fb79 is possible for "free".
    So i did some calculation and to make wine for eden will cost, me or the pt if we share cost, astonishing 12g. Again please correct me if im wrong. No one would be more happier then me if thats the case.
    This is only for Eden, making high level gear demands even more of this materials so you can all imagine how much this will cost you.

So what happened to the choices? Forcing us to pay 12g after leveling our chars up to high levels. And then more for crafting equipment we need to be able to play.
    I feel so cheated and mislead after putting all this time in to the game.

You can pick them up in the new area (1k stream) but have to be L89 and be sage/demon. Just level up than.