Hercules and Pheonix food

mallissa
mallissa Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Suggestion Box
My friend (would like to remain anonymous) and I were talking about the Hercules and Pheonix pet food, (Meat and hay), and seeing as now my friend -- he's a level 64 Veno, he doesn't find hay or meat drops anymore and we were suggesting to sell hay and meat at the pet skill trainer along side the water, oil, .. etc. Or maybe add another choice of food, like water for both hercules and the pheonix just like all other pets.

My Veno is almost level 60 and already finding meat or hay to drop is getting really difficult.

*P.S.* I don't know if this topic has been suggested before, it just came to mind; we both saw the suggestion box and thought to give it a try.

Mallissa
Post edited by mallissa on

Comments

• Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The reason their food is hard to find is because they're particularly strong pets, hence their food is particularly hard to find... What venos normally do is buy the food from players, I guess, or have guildies send whatever food they get, whenever they get any.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Having it available at shops would just defeat the purpose.

It would be like having NPCs who sell DQ items. Flat out ****.

If you're on HT and need some, I'm happy to sell for 6k each.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hercs are just a waste of money... I don't even see why venos are so foolish enough to get one...
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    Hercs are just a waste of money... I don't even see why venos are so foolish enough to get one...

I hereby award you with the "Doesn't know ****, but wants to butt-in anyway" award. You've earnt it. Go away. Don't come back. Grownups are talking here.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For feeding you can get the Tome from the boutique that keeps your pet fed for 7 days. Works out to about 200k or so a week, but if you think about how much meat and hay cost it's really not too bad. You could also try to get a Blessing of Christmas which does the same thing, for the time being. It's a "hidden" benefit of the item and may or may not be working as intended, so it's possible it will be "fixed" in a future patch.

I also completely agree with the poster above me.
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u really dont have to feed it with cristmas blessing/arcane book?
    i thought this didnt work for the 2 legebndary pets!
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Herc IS garbage, but it can solo hh90 party mode.
    Hercs are for people that like tea parties.

also... NOBODY uses literal "hay" to feed a phoenix, huge waste of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    I hereby award you with the "Doesn't know ****, but wants to butt-in anyway" award. You've earnt it. Go away. Don't come back. Grownups are talking here.

I hereby award you with the "Is are a ****, but wants troll anyways" award. You've earnt it. Go away. Don't come back. Grownups are talking in here.
    Hercs are for people that like tea parties.

also... NOBODY uses literal "hay" to feed a phoenix, huge waste of money.

THANK YOU! FINALLY! Someone who understands!
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009

A herc can rather easily get you enough money to buy yourself a nix, all your HH gear and a 30 hectare villa on the shores of Etherblade Lake.

And I can't tell whether or not Ren was being sarcastic up there. I personally think they were.. in my eyes you've grown even dumber, Orihimeie. You didn't detect the disparity between "being garbage" and "being able to solo HH90 party mode"?
  • whysoserious
    whysoserious Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if you're paying 20 mil for a pet, get used to paying 6k for pet food.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    On other servers like PW-CN they sell pet food in cash shop for herc/nix. But grinding it or buy from other players is probably cheaper and will most likely be cheaper if they started selling it in cash shop here as well. I still have stacks of meat saved for my herc from killing watermobs at lvl 55+ anyway. Selling it from npc would be a little bit to easy for venos imo. We allready got godly pets for only 20 mil each, and using the herc can get you insanely rich. If the food was just one npc away it would just be lame.
  • Lydian - Lost City
    Lydian - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009

You obviously don't have one lol. I wouldn't play the game without mine. Phoenix can be closely trailed by a Sawfly with "proper skills" but as for Hercules... Nothing compares. I can easily tank 10 mobs my Lv while I heal and not get aggro on me with Hercules. Let's see a Magmite do that..
    May god have mercy on your souls.. For I shall not.
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    And I can't tell whether or not Ren was being sarcastic up there.

Doesn't matter if I'm being sarcastic or not, I said it can tank hh90 party mode solo. But it's still completely useless in pvp, which is what actually matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Doesn't matter if I'm being sarcastic or not, I said it can tank hh90 party mode solo. But it's still completely useless in pvp, which is what actually matters.

Because money and gear isn't the synonym of end-game PvP proficiency... lol.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Because money and gear isn't the synonym of end-game PvP proficiency... lol.

I play so much that I'd never use a herc even if I had one, so sue me.
    My funding comes from red players when it's time for the dailies and afk shops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yup, a waste of money... I solo most land based world bosses my level or below. Can solo all the TT60 solo 1-1 & 1-2 bosses, all the FB59 and some of the FB69 bosses (with the current exception of Gargantakong - he still whips my ****). Yup totally a waste of my $150.00 if you ask me. /sarcasm

~S
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yup, a waste of money... I solo most land based world bosses my level or below. Can solo all the TT60 solo 1-1 & 1-2 bosses, all the FB59 and some of the FB69 bosses (with the current exception of Gargantakong - he still whips my ****). Yup totally a waste of my $150.00 if you ask me. /sarcasm

~S
    Are you sure that /sarcasm is supposed to be there?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    Are you sure that /sarcasm is supposed to be there?
    Yes, I was being sarcastic that my Hercules was a waste of my money. Husband and Laughter (My Hercules, and My Phoenix) are worth every red cent I paid for them and then some, and I am seriously considering getting one more of each, if not two more of each, as backup if one should get killed in battle, so I can immediatly spawn another w/o needing to rez/Heal the first one.

~S
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No offense, but I don't think 150$ to solo some bosses in a game is a very good deal. Though maybe you just have a lot of money to spend.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    No offense, but I don't think 150$ to solo some bosses in a game is a very good deal. Though maybe you just have a lot of money to spend.
    Prior to joining the PWI Family, I spent more than that a month playing pay to play games (Eve online, 4 accounts, Everquest, 8 accounts). I rarely ever have "just one" account in any game I play (PWI, currently 2 accounts, and contemplating creating 2 more).

As an investment in PWI, it's a cheap investment for what I get in returns over the time I hope to be playing the game. I've also spent more than $1500.00 in this game since joining it late last year.

Money is a bit tighter due to my business slowing down some. I've taken a paycut and have asked my employees to take a small paycut as well, rather than lay anyone off. I hope we can weather the economy w/o my being forced to fire anyone. If things pick back up, i'll spend a lot more than that.

~S
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2009

was "slapped" lol
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009

A waste of money that pretty much removes my need for a squad....b:chuckle

I tanked my own fb 79 for example.b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'mma go with the Arcane Book: Pet.

It's hella cheaper than buying 200k in pet food for bird/fatty for a week.

Umm you can grind on the Air mobs in the Vipion family for loads of Fine Meat which are nice...

Ask anyone that's grinding a fish party for Wild Ginsing... Those things are rediculously amazing.

Btw <3 my Herc. Lv 57 I can solo 1-1 high mode for Wraith's ploy. I did it for others, Lv 70 is just gonna be so much easier. ;3
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm confused about the feeding of hercs and phoenixes. Can you not feed them the water/oils from the pet trainer? You can feed every other pet in the game these so I was assuming that I'd be able to feed it to my future phoenix as well. Is this wrong? If so, then damn! I don't want to have to keep a bunch of different foods in my inventory all the time! I have a mag for a tank who only eats water so I'd have to use at least 2 slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hercules eats only meat type food, and the phoenix only eats hay type food. Neither can take water or oil. The best suggestion is to only use food to increase loyalty and to purchase an Xmas blessing or mystical tome to keep your pets satiated.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    just get a xmas blessing
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I really thought this post was about Herc and Phoneix food..
    I could be wrong.

No one ask you about pvp.
  • Xtoyahx - Heavens Tear
    Xtoyahx - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    X-mas Blessing and arcane book do NOT feed your herc/nix it just keeps them saticefied nothing more...

and do the Food issue for those 2 pets some mini-events for extra food would be a awnser..

and on "the herc is a waste" reply...

you really hafe no clue what those pets can...b:shocked

on 75 it tanks the TT bosses of TT2-3(single) is lvl90 runb:victory

so....pretty much worth every penny

Peace...b:thanks
  • Wintersmith - Lost City
    Wintersmith - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mallissa wrote: »
    My friend (would like to remain anonymous) and I were talking about the Hercules and Pheonix pet food, (Meat and hay), and seeing as now my friend -- he's a level 64 Veno, he doesn't find hay or meat drops anymore and we were suggesting to sell hay and meat at the pet skill trainer along side the water, oil, .. etc. Or maybe add another choice of food, like water for both hercules and the pheonix just like all other pets.

Mallissa

just so u know if u get any kind of tome even if it is just a useless one ur pet will never get hungry. even the hercs. u can also go to the pw boutique agent and they sell herc/nix food there for 9 tokens (25 pet food)... just some options there for u

THE HERC IS NOT USELESS!!!!! IT IS AMAZING!!!!

btw: i have put money into the game as well.. not alot like most ppl i know... most of the sofs i have collected through ingame sales in cash shops...not through pet packs or any of that stuff... and the coinage ingame that i have is from grinding... so i dont think it rly matters how much u put into game.. as long as u get wat u want to get ingame is all that matters..
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You do realize the last post in this thread was a year and 5 months ago? Token food didn't exist yet. I'm willing to bet in the last 17 months they have either quit or figured that out already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
This discussion has been closed.