kowlin....

minyoung
minyoung Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
i was wondering if there's any nice venos out there who would like to help me catch a kowlin. ><
i have finally hit lvl 60 but have no clue where to get one or when. so if you have any information for me, msg me in game--- Silver_

btw, i would like to add that im 14 and still learning (English) so please forgive my poor language ^^"
Post edited by minyoung on

Comments

• XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2009
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    just so you know, the Kowlin (besides looking awesome), is only good for a few levels.

I used mine to lv 70 & then sold it.

if you want a magic tank type of pet, then i suggest a Soulchaser Antelope.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    mogwai wrote: »
    just so you know, the Kowlin (besides looking awesome), is only good for a few levels.

I used mine to lv 70 & then sold it.

if you want a magic tank type of pet, then i suggest a Soulchaser Antelope.

xie xie ni mogwai :D thanks for the tip abt the soulchaser Antelope =) b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Werian - Sanctuary
    Werian - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol use soulchaser near silver pool and everyone looks that you have tamed Kun Kun b:laugh. Good luck with taming kowlin there is always about 20 venos camping near respawn time

>.< dammit me and my bad English
    ~I'm standing in shadows looking how new heroes to rise and how old ones fall like me, long forgotten, waiting people to remember them. If only I would have strength to rise again~
  • Camaster - Sanctuary
    Camaster - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    OK i heard other classes can get pets yet they are non-combative. How would I go about doing such in order to get myself a Kowlin? Do I have to have a veno capture it for me?
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    OK i heard other classes can get pets yet they are non-combative. How would I go about doing such in order to get myself a Kowlin? Do I have to have a veno capture it for me?

Simple: you can't get a Kowlin. It's a fighting pet so, not available to other classes. Only venos get pets capable of fighting, the other classes get baby pets that are absolutely useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think you should check out this website if you believe wizards can't get Kowlin as a pet.

http://pw-wiki.onlinewelten.com/enMountsPets.ashx

that website clearly says that Kowlin (known as AquaBarrier Dharma) can belong to any class.
  • kudzuu
    kudzuu Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think you should check out this website if you believe wizards can't get Kowlin as a pet.

that website clearly says that Kowlin (known as AquaBarrier Dharma) can belong to any class.

you must be mistaken, in the part that says "You need:" nothing is stated therefore it is not possible to have a baby pet of that.
    Sanctuary
    ign: TlNA (Lowercase L >_>)
    "NoBoDy"
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ever all-class pet option can be seen at Mrs. Zoologist's Pet Trade or whatever in Archo, since this is where all-class pets are made. Those are the ONLY available all-class options right now, and no, Kowlin is not among them. There are others that will eventually make their way over, but for now her selection is the only selection.
  • Camaster - Sanctuary
    Camaster - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok thanks guys (and gals) ^_^
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the info is for the oriental versions of the game, and not applicable to the american version, as far as the dharma/kowlin as a allclass pet. it would be wonderful if more people could have this beautiful pet, but its not possible. perhaps one day...there are so many things in the other versions that have not been implemented here!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is not a really good pet for fighting, but according to me, it is the best pet for luring in FB : the fastest* ground one (faster than my previous mount :p). This means you can send it to attract monsters without waiting 2 hours that it reaches them... But that its only good point. This is one of the worst pet for any other points :)

*(the fastest is actually the phoenix, but it is air based)
  • Lithandrys - Heavens Tear
    Lithandrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have always wondered how a Kowlin was as a battle pet, aside from being an exceptional luring pet because of its unmatched speed. Thank you for sharing the info :)

Oh, would someone be able to post the stats of a Kowlin at lvl 60? I'm just curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If all else fails, look cute....and then run like hell.
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    minyoung wrote: »
    i was wondering if there's any nice venos out there who would like to help me catch a kowlin. ><
    i have finally hit lvl 60 but have no clue where to get one or when. so if you have any information for me, msg me in game--- Silver_

btw, i would like to add that im 14 and still learning (English) so please forgive my poor language ^^"
    Well i know some information,'cuz i killde one by mistake.It apears near the teleport master well at 4 and 35-36 minutes o'clock b:victory
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    holy necro O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Other versions of Perfect World may not have the same implementation as Perfect World International (e.g., China version has a 10-man squad limit but we still have 6-man). Also, that page you cited looks like veno attack pets... all-class pets are listed at Mrs Zoologist as noted in post above--use that as your source (or find a valid web-site for PWI, not other versions of PW).

Edit: Gah... I really should check the YEAR on these postings >.<
  • TickleToe - Raging Tide
    TickleToe - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well im about to hit lvl 60 tday so if it has spawned ill help u tame a kowlin
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:surrender necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Yikes...double necro...

b:shocked

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.