exp loss when killed by a monster

kotona
kotona Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Hi, i was just wondering how much exp do u lose when killed by a monster?
btw i'm lvl 61 at the moment. Also does anyone know wat the best mob is for my lvl to grind on? Could someone pls help me on this.

Thanks
Post edited by kotona on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The exp you lose is based on your current spiritual cultivation level. The higher that is, the less exp you lose. Your cultivation is directly linked to your normal levels however.

As for grinding, I always kill whatever I get from One man army quests.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pretty much what Zoe said. Although I'd recomend the Foxwing Supremes above tusktown. Relatively easy kills, and killing air and water mobs nets you an extra 25% more xp than ground mobs.
    b:dirty
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The exp you lose is based on your current spiritual cultivation level. The higher that is, the less exp you lose. Your cultivation is directly linked to your normal levels however.

:O I didn't know that I was wondering why I lost less exp. the higher level I got to. So is there a point when you don't lose any exp??? Or is the lost so low you start loseing tenths of your exp.?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well after you finish your 79 culti you only lose 1% exp when you die at the most. After 89 and you go demon or sage you only lose .6% when you die. Thats as high as I know.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would grind on Adawolf Genomancers outside of dreaming cloud. You can do the hourly quest and get bonus exp(20k i believe) plus 1 rep, and it is also a one man army quest so thats 2 more rep
    b:bye
  • kotona
    kotona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well thx for the help, i know more about the exp loss now. b:laugh
  • Verge - Sanctuary
    Verge - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well after you finish your 79 culti you only lose 1% exp when you die at the most. After 89 and you go demon or sage you only lose .6% when you die. Thats as high as I know.

My last death it was 4%.
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009

"only" hehe 89>90= 10,470,584XP b:victory
    Thats 70K xp ^^

Angels FTW!
  • Dauthus - Sanctuary
    Dauthus - Sanctuary Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I had one a while back that lost me 5%, and one yesterday that lost maybe 3%... I don't really die enough to notice a trend, but it almost seems random. lol

At my lvl and as little as I die, 3%~5% isn't a big deal. It's easy enough to get back, but if I was 80+ and lost 4%, I might cry... lol
  • Verge - Sanctuary
    Verge - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I had one a while back that lost me 5%, and one yesterday that lost maybe 3%... I don't really die enough to notice a trend, but it almost seems random. lol

At my lvl and as little as I die, 3%~5% isn't a big deal. It's easy enough to get back, but if I was 80+ and lost 4%, I might cry... lol

ran out of angels =x, but have since restocked and retired the char and now play a veno. dang barbs cost to much to play
  • Jakob - Harshlands
    Jakob - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Wow, that's good to know. I thought you just lost 5% every time you die indefinately.. but I guess not. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its not as good as you might think...

that 1% takes about a hour...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ran out of angels =x, but have since restocked and retired the char and now play a veno. dang barbs cost to much to play

i can sacrifice miself and take of ur stuff for uf^^ think of it as a donation to a hospital^^ i wil finaly be able to lvl my rez then :D
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its not as good as you might think...

that 1% takes about a hour...

1% takes an hour? from what tt mobs? at 75 can still get 10% an hour, hell at 90 i could still get 2% an hour unscrolled
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    1% takes an hour? from what tt mobs? at 75 can still get 10% an hour, hell at 90 i could still get 2% an hour unscrolled

i need to rest after around 30 dragon maids for like 30 secs...
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    recently ive just being CS and WQ and quests to lv. So..if i die, i dont care to much. But i havent died in a long time anyways lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i need to rest after around 30 dragon maids for like 30 secs...

lol so cute, fingers hurt?b:pleased
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    kotona wrote: »
    Hi, i was just wondering how much exp do u lose when killed by a monster?
    btw i'm lvl 61 at the moment. Also does anyone know wat the best mob is for my lvl to grind on? Could someone pls help me on this.

Thanks

If you grind on Kraufis Scout up to level 67, you will level quick and become rich in coins.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/7062

If you still want the foxwings. Take the ones in hidden hero village. They are not agresive as the ones in tusk town.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    also, if you can get a high-level rez from a high-level cleric, you end up with less exp loss for that death.