world chat hatred

Options
Trianos - Heavens Tear
Trianos - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
i'm really sick of this idiot, <edited> it seems like once every hour he posts this on worldchat: OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
exactly that same thing, always all caps, over and OVER AND OVER!!

i actually PM'd him and told him "everyone hates that" and he replied, "no, people like it"! does anyone really like seeing that **** on their screen?!
Post edited by Trianos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I swear the same guy does that on Sanctuary as well :x
    Back.
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Most of the time I have world chat turned off - if you open system settings, you can change what categories of chat have what messages displayed. Just remember to save afterwards.

I'm on Lost City and the majority (or around 50% anyways) of world chat is useless. It's disabled when I'm in any chat box besides common.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No names on forum please, edited it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    RIght-click the idiot's name and blacklist him. Never have to see or hear from him again. No reason to post on here.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    RIght-click the idiot's name and blacklist him. Never have to see or hear from him again. No reason to post on here.

In EQ, idiots would spam the shout channel in dungeons to get people to blacklist them. Then they'd create a train, shout "Train to zone!", and get only the people who blacklisted them killed.

That's not as easy to do in this game (though I can still think of ways to do it). But the point is that simply letting us squelch a problem isn't really solving the problem. All it does is hide it. The real problem - a player determined to annoy others - is still there.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

over and over
  • torsive
    torsive Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol yes there's the same thing in Sanctuary. It's their coin to waste, not that big a deal really - up the tolerance a bit and you'll be fine.
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    personally, you all take this WAY out of proportion. so what if people spam. they spent the coin or real life money to be able to do that. it's their waste. i know the worlds hottest panda that will just GIVE me tele's just to have fun with him in WC. just ignore it or stay in squad / faction chat. youre getting sick of spam? im getting sick of listening to you all whine...
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
  • aragornellessar
    aragornellessar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hehe, simple... Right-click > Black-List.
    Never saw that sewage again. ;)
  • CHOOO - Sanctuary
    CHOOO - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes that gus is at sanctuary too, i lol everytime i see him OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNing