Leveling.

Pandajeff - Sanctuary
Pandajeff - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Blademaster
I'm currently a level 20 BM. Is there anything I can do aside from quests to level?
Post edited by Pandajeff - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Right now keep going with your quests cause as you get higher the harder it is to lvl, but if you want to quit the quests you can always grind ( grinding..killing mobs for dqs and exp) but if your going to grind do it on something 2 lvls below you

Hope i helped
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Ayako_dono - Sanctuary
    Ayako_dono - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Kill stuff. You wanna lvl fast? Get mobs 1 or 2 lvls higher than you (if soloing use life powder). For your lvl the mines near archosaur are great. I also lvld by killing rhinos and turtles (plus they give you horns that can help you get some cash).
    "A warrior must focus his attention on the link between
    himself and his death".
    -Castaneda

ID brushes by Obsidian Dawn w w w . obsidiandawn . com (remove spaces)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Trust me when I say, you will level from quests until you hit 35 or so (assuming little to no partying and no dieing). After that you have to grind after you finish your quests, and you will likely ***** and moan at higher levels when you get one or two quests and maybe 5% from them.
  • cookiesandmilk
    cookiesandmilk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Trust me when I say, you will level from quests until you hit 35 or so (assuming little to no partying and no dieing). After that you have to grind after you finish your quests, and you will likely ***** and moan at higher levels when you get one or two quests and maybe 5% from them.

Let's say I was level 35, how much does one monster at my level give me? If it's more than .1 percent, I'm good.
  • fallingsky92z
    fallingsky92z Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Join party for boss quest.......it has good exp for lvl20
    Quest is still easiest for u to lvl
    but if u using werefox.....u will get to lvl fast from lvl 1 - 60+ within 1-2week...
  • LongThan - Sanctuary
    LongThan - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Join party for boss quest.......it has good exp for lvl20
    Quest is still easiest for u to lvl
    but if u using werefox.....u will get to lvl fast from lvl 1 - 60+ within 1-2week...
    lol wtf is this? lol u joking?
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    At 35 leveling is easy, probably .1-.6% per kill if your lucky, by 60 your down to .01% per kill if your lucky. By 70 your lucky to get 25% in an hour of harcore solo grinding with an exp scroll. It gets far worse when higher levels. By 90 or so it takes some of the harcore grinders 3-7+ days to level.
  • Pandajeff - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    At 35 leveling is easy, probably .1-.6% per kill if your lucky, by 60 your down to .01% per kill if your lucky. By 70 your lucky to get 25% in an hour of harcore solo grinding with an exp scroll. It gets far worse when higher levels. By 90 or so it takes some of the harcore grinders 3-7+ days to level.

Oh well, I was hoping there would be something such as power-leveling here. Guess it doesn't work on here.
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Oh well, I was hoping there would be something such as power-leveling here. Guess it doesn't work on here.

Quests pre-35 are powerleveling, but to get high level you actually have to work at it, and those that don't don't deserve to level >.< This isn't WoW where its easy to level.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I have been invited by friends on FB in which I just pick drops and do nothing else. I have received 10% exp.
  • Pandajeff - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Quests pre-35 are powerleveling, but to get high level you actually have to work at it, and those that don't don't deserve to level >.< This isn't WoW where its easy to level.

Erm, power-level as in a higher level teams a noob. Then he kills mobs and share exp with the noob.
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Erm, power-level as in a higher level teams a noob. Then he kills mobs and share exp with the noob.

Which makes morons who can't play their class.
  • Pandajeff - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Which makes morons who can't play their class.

Not really. It makes no difference how you level. It matters how well you do in PvP. I'm not saying I'm great in PvP or anything, but I can't understand it if all I'm doing is hacking and slashing at monsters all day long.
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    no one will plvl anyone, because of exp sharing, it already takes like 10 mobs for 0.1%, i doubt anyone will want to kill twice as much only so someone low level could level
  • Pandajeff - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    saleniece wrote: »
    no one will plvl anyone, because of exp sharing, it already takes like 10 mobs for 0.1%, i doubt anyone will want to kill twice as much only so someone low level could level

Have you been reading the last few posts I made? I said that plvling should be made possible. I never said that it's possible right now.
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    no it shouldn't be made possible, i don't want people to beg me to plvl them b:angry
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have to agree, the system is fine the way it is. No need to institute any type of power leveling....just do your quests, they will level you and you will get rep which is also important in this game.

Under current game design, a higher level can party with you and kill your mobs for you but the game designers did something rather unique. Rather than you sharing exp evenly resulting in the lower lvl getting "power-leveled", the higher lvl player gets almost all the exp thereby eliminating the possibility of "power-leveling".

Personally, I like this setup as it keeps the lazy from advancing and makes them actually play the game if they want to level.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm currently a level 20 BM. Is there anything I can do aside from quests to level?

Help other people in their quests. You have to see it the following way:

By helping you create networks of people which is really usefull in this game to level up. As you level up bosses appear more often and quests on dangerous places like "Secret Passage".

By helping, you do grinding that otherwise you would not do. In my case, I just do my quest and only grinding to collect mats. However, when I help people I do grinding that I would not do otherwise on my own.
  • fallingsky92z
    fallingsky92z Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Nah...im not joking. If u r talking about the Venomancer...

i done that on the PW MY server.
  • mimigi12
    mimigi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Right now keep going with your quests cause as you get higher the harder it is to lvl, but if you want to quit the quests you can always grind ( grinding..killing mobs for dqs and exp) but if your going to grind do it on something 2 lvls below you

Hope i helped
    deago im a new in perfectworld ...
    can you help me to leveling plz contact me on prefect world
    my name is pkiller