Damage output?

malevolentz
malevolentz Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Blademaster
k, I need a little help. I played a wizard on LC previously, but quit it because of the terrible survivability. I've always played the "knight" class in games, as they always had nice dmg + good pdef. What I'm wondering is, do BMs have decent damage output in this game (not crits, I mean consistent, good damage)?

Thx in advance.
Post edited by malevolentz on

Comments

• Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Im not so sure but I would say that it depends more on your weapon/build of choice...but overall BM's have consistent damage
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree with trip and would like to add that in perfect world BM's are considered damage dealers, not to the extent of a Wizzy or an archer, but we are less squishy to the physical damage.

Hi tripb:bye
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    as a lvl 72 BM with roughly 225 str with gear and TT70 axes +2 i can hit from 1-3.5k DPS with normal non-skill hits.
    and anywhere from 4-7k crit non-skill normal hits.

Axes have the lowest minimum and highest maximum.

that may give you a rough estimate on how damage is being dealt.
    Back.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Get berserk axes and you will never have to worry about damage output unless you're stuck with XS ( lvl 70 weapon ) @ 90+ like me b:surrender

Then again it's just because i'm stubborn.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    Get berserk axes and you will never have to worry about damage output unless you're stuck with XS ( lvl 70 weapon ) @ 90+ like me b:surrender

Then again it's just because i'm stubborn.

Oh man war......I would have thought that you would have either gotten or have almost gotten your GX. Come on man, get the lead out. b:shocked
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh man war......I would have thought that you would have either gotten or have almost gotten your GX. Come on man, get the lead out. b:shocked

Hehe, I'm just very unlucky with gold mats drops. I've done over 30 Belial runs but it just won't drop. b:cry
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As stated it depends on your weapons. My BM is primarily fist (I spliced into axe as well for AoEing and PvP) With my fists I do about 1-1.5k damage with regular attacks 2.3-3k with skills, but fists have teh fastest non-skill attack rate (1.43 attacks per second), and we have a skill that increases that attack speed for a few seconds too, so it really does even out when compared to axes. Fists are probably the best single target killer (great for bosses) and Axes are the best AoEers and probably best PvP too, with swords and spears inbetween.
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    from what i have seen, bm's can do great damage, not the best but very nice. I too had a lv 112 rk on lc and when i came here, there was no other choice fer me then a bm