Pet wont gain exp anymore! HELp!

xstormweaver
xstormweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
Hi, I have a pet Golem at 34 and a sawfly at 30, both have max loyalty and minimal xp bar. Everything I kill doesnt give them xp anymore...whats going on? This happened after i started the Den of Wolves quest....

Any ideas? I am Level 36 and the xp is falling behind on pets, please help
Post edited by xstormweaver on

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Perhaps the mobs you are killing are too low of a level. Pets gain 0 exp from mobs 10+ levels lower then themselves. (Wasn't den of wolves a low level quest? >.> *tries to remember*)
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I can only think that the monsters you are killing are too low level? Have you tried killing higher level monsters? Did you check the exp by numbers or by size of the bar?

Don't worry too much about them lagging behind in exp. Pets level alot faster than players and you have plenty of them to level them up as you go along.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The only time I have ever seen myself that my pets didn't gain any XP was when they were the same level as me, and they were maxed out, waiting for me to level so they could. Then again I don't recall ever fighting mobs to low to gain XP.

To me it's either got to be one or the other. You sure your pets are not the same level as you, and just waiting for you to level so they can start gaining XP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    She said her pets are 34 and 30 and she's 36 so level isn't the issue.

I'm thinking that the mobs are too low level and getting so little exp she didn't notice it.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Carioshu - Sanctuary
    Carioshu - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The mobs at Den of Rabid Wolves are lvl 18+ so there is a good chance that the lvl difference is too big to gain exp. for your pets. I had the same thing a couple of times.
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've actually heard of players pets glitching like this. The only solution found was to go to a pet trainer and put them into eggs & re-hatch them (that has the unfortunate side-effect of wiping their loyalty to 0 also so then you gotta use oils to make them loyal again). Several people who had the no Exp glitch did this trick and it jump started the pets again.
  • xstormweaver
    xstormweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for everyones input, i had to re-hatch pets and it worked again... ouch! Thanks
  • jaytez
    jaytez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it didnt work for me.
    Im lvl15, pet's lvl 14 and another lvl15, creeps im fighting are either lvl 15 or lvl 16 but they get like 1exp.... i tried fighting monsters 3-4lvls higher... but its still the same...

this started when i first convert my starter wolf into an egg and use another pet. none of my pets gained xp now. only thing i can think of is loyalty. does that effect exp?
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    jaytez wrote: »
    none of my pets gained xp now. only thing i can think of is loyalty. does that effect exp?

If I recall correctly, pets with no loyalty get no experience.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Feeding pets is a good thing. When hatching a pet, get 4 or 5 of the highest level oil (Sesame I think?) and use that to get it's loyalty above 500. After that you can use the cheap water for regular feeding. When it's portrait turns green, feed it. I set up my bars so that all my pets and food are on one bar, makes it easy.
  • jaytez
    jaytez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    great. that worked. didnt realise loyalty was important for xp. thx guys