"No thanks, we're good." (Part 1)

WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
So, me and the rest of my active faction members (all 3 of us) decide we're ready to go kill this Dismal Shade guy. After all, we're a Barb, a Cleric, and a Veno, so we can probably handle him, right?

Well, er...

We get to the room and I take one look at the joy that is going on inside and realize we can't do this by ourselves. Nope. No chance. My Veno agrees. Our Cleric, on the other hand, announces, "We can take him! Let's do it!" Unfortunately, Perfect World does not support the transmission of our jaw-dropped expressions of, "Are you high?" to our optimistic teammate.

Anyway, it doesn't take long for our Cleric to realize the error of his ways and pretty soon we're all cowering in a corridor, away from the action. We formulate a bold plan: "Run past him and go hide with that group of other people who are hiding in that room beside him."

Our plan springs into action, but as we join the group of fellow cowards they manage to finish off Dismal Shade and bail, leaving the three of us alone.

So we wait. It doesn't take long for a level 35 Cleric and a level ~70 Veno to show up. We of course offer to either Invite or Join, but the Veno casually brushes us aside:

"No thanks, we're good."

Heh... heh heh heh... I still chuckle when I think about it.

So we watch and wait. Things start out OK for the party of two. Having already killed all the minions while waiting for Dismal to appear, the Veno starts pounding away at him unmolested. Things are going well. This high level is showing us just how in-control of the whole situation they are.

Then the minions start re-spawning. Buddy Cleric is under attack. Veno stops to help him. Now she's under attack too. Now her pet is getting beat-up. They divert their efforts to killing the minions and protecting Buddy Cleric. They manage to kill the last minion just in time for the veno to get maybe 2, 3 hits on Dismal before the minions start respawning again.

This goes on for awhile and things are very obviously going to pot. The Veno is burning through her HP charm pretty effectively while Buddy Cleric is slowly running out of mana and headed towards certain death. He runs past me, half-dead, a minion happily chasing him down, and says, "Can you guys kill the minions?"

Veno also replies, "If you want to help, kill the mobs."

No invite, mind you.

Ahem...

Now, what would YOU say/do in this situation?

(To be continued...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would say
    "No Thanks we're good!" b:chuckle
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Haha my thoughts exactly. But I can't believe a lvl 70 veno couldn't handle those minions....
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Haha my thoughts exactly. But I can't believe a lvl 70 veno couldn't handle those minions....

I did it once, a level 70 robe veno may have to burn some charm since too much small mobs in that room, even you can one shot them, you will still get hit. but, yes, a level 70 veno can handle that for sure. I did it once when my level was even below 70. the key is do not let the level 3x involved, let him/her stand there, and kill all mobs around him/her as soon as they show up.
    To anser OP's quest. the answer is standstill, no need to badmouth, no need to help.
  • Pharse - Heavens Tear
    Pharse - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I am pretty sure "No thanks. We're good" is exactly what I would say.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    haha very well written, totally agree with the other posters.

"no thanks we're good" what comes around goes around.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    While I agree the veno was being a complete jerk and should have invited you flat out if it was only her/him and one other person, I too find it hard to believe a level 70 venomancer couldn't handle that room....I mean..unless the pet was like 20-30 levels lower than her, it's kinda sad. Dismal's nasty self aside, I've been able to one shot every mob in that room since level 60 or so...with ironwood anyway, and now with lucky scarab too. (also not counting silver wolf the massive level 75 in the corner). I've never seen a veno that level bow to dismal before lol. mobs or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Veno also replies, "If you want to help, kill the mobs."

No invite, mind you.

Ahem...

(To be continued...)

I think I would have replied: we have disbanded, could you please invite us?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Awwww... I won't reply, but I would walk over to the next room, and lure the mobs in front of fb29 over (if possible).
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Both teams were missing a proper blademaster. So, squads were unbalanced.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol

I'd say, "Could you invite us to your squad, then?"
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    " I thought you said you were good"
  • Sasakisayuri - Sanctuary
    Sasakisayuri - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009

No invite, mind you.

Ahem...

(To be continued...)

"No thanks, we're good." b:chuckleb:victoryb:chuckle
    Founder of Nefarious~
    Oldest standing faction from day 1 (on Sanctuary)
    First level 3 faction of Sanctuary
    First TW winners of Sanctuary (In fact, we won the first 3 on the server)
    Leaders of Tomorrow (o^_')b
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would get some popcorn, say nothing, and enjoy the show...

The no invite thing shows the arrogance of the veno - arrogant ppl deserve to die...

but, on the otherside - maybe the veno was too busy 4 a proper request/invite, so I would help anyway, just to show I'm a better person then he/she is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Both teams were missing a proper blademaster. So, squads were unbalanced.
    I'm sure it may come as a shock to you, being a blademaster and all, but a bm doesn't make a balanced team. In fact, they have next to no use against a boss.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Personally I'd mock her with "No thanks, we're good," but if you're more civil than I am, which isn't hard when I'm irked, you can always point out that killing the mobs for her without getting the boss kill isn't productive to your own motivation to come into Shade's room in the first place.

I'm surprised she didn't invite you in the first place. -_-

In my own experiences, when I was a lowbie and had to do this quest, clerics who weren't even in my party helped us out with heals (AHAHAHA I had a party of people who were Shade's level. It really hurt :D). When I came back many levels later to help a friend, there were equally helpful people who put all the people who needed the quest into my party and added damage/heals from outside.

It's one of the benefits of a carebear server I guess >_> Apparently not all care bears are care-like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    jemima wrote: »
    I'm sure it may come as a shock to you, being a blademaster and all, but a bm doesn't make a balanced team. In fact, they have next to no use against a boss.

I think my BM friends who solo dismal and DoD may have something to say about that. b:chuckle
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm surprised she didn't invite you in the first place. -_-

I do not think they could have known if she had invited them or if she had not -- they were already in a squad.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    jemima wrote: »

except we can tank, stun, and cancel a bosses cast. Oh, and our awesome +60% phy def buff ;3
    Back.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I simply cannot understand why some people, even when presented with a situation which does not adversely affect them, will refuse invites (i.e. this Veno and Cleric would have clearly benefited from inviting you to the team, the extra damage would have helped them a mile even if they had not had the respawn troubles!)

Today, I was in a guild team waiting to kill Luminoc. While we were waiting for some team members to collect their follow on quests from the Level 49 Culti bosses, there were three separate instances of random people in the area who politely asked for help with Luminoc. We killed Luminoc four times tonight just to help the randoms and the guildies who originally wanted it (I suppose we're all just very "Heaven's Tear" b:chuckle); it would have been so easy to say no to each of those requests, but then again - we were waiting for team members to arrive anyway! Why wouldn't you help someone, when you would hope for the same if you were in their situation?
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    More people isnt necessarily better. They all need to be healed from the aoe poison, and low level people will need more attention and contribute less. I would still have invited them, but said to stay out of trouble and not *expcet* heals.

Then again, I wouldnt have had any issues at all as a 70 veno, and I wouldnt be fighting him in such a way as to be aggroing too many room spawns.

Im repeatedly clearing this room for guildees, and often have other people in our group who are there seeking help, but the biggest killer is people who dont know how to stay out of trouble. Best strategy when partied with a hgih level in this room is to hide back in the corridor where you wont get aoe or attacked by room spawns. Your contribution to dps wont be missed, but having to rez and rekill the boss because you died will be annoying.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok so what did you say pray tell i am really itching to know :)
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Course he'd take forever to post part 2....>.>

HURRY UP DX

I want to see what happened....b:angry
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What I dont understand is why your cleric couldn't just solo Dismal like most of us did at that level. It would take him/her 10minutes at that level but theres no risk...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What I dont understand is why your cleric couldn't just solo Dismal like most of us did at that level. It would take him/her 10minutes at that level but theres no risk...

Mang, give the cleric a break, i assume he/she was there level and may not be experianced as others. Every time you encounter a mob for the first time you don't know exaclty what to do no matter the class. Plus, maybe he/she was concentrating on not having their friends die instead of killing the mob.

Good story OP, you tell the tale great too. Like others said, would love to hear your real response to the person. If it was "No thanks, we're good!" that really would be a classic
    b:bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wolf, i hope you put up some more stories like this- i've bookmarked this and the second half, to share with my family, who also play PW. my son and i have run into this kind of thing all too often, and i know he will really enjoy this...thanks for the great laugh!b:laughb:thanks

201.gif
    So, me and the rest of my active faction members (all 3 of us) decide we're ready to go kill this Dismal Shade guy. After all, we're a Barb, a Cleric, and a Veno, so we can probably handle him, right?

(To be continued...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Considering I wanted to get it done I would probably say "Invite and we will help." and if they did not invite I would just point and laugh.

Side note: 3 Clerics can handle Dismal better than anything else. 2 Clerics and a Mage can do it pretty fast too. He is a Magic User's Boss.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    from february? my god fox. the part 2 gets bumped so you find the need to go dig this one up and do it too?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is actually a worthy necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why not? half a story is no fun! and its more fun to hear people's stories of the game than to listen to the usual eternal griping that goes on here.

from february? my god fox. the part 2 gets bumped so you find the need to go dig this one up and do it too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart