Monsters/Affects

gatts87
gatts87 Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have a few questions =). Do monsters use more of their elemental or physical damage? To me it seems like they do more physical damage. Which affects don't stack, if any? Like stun/slow/bleed etc etc etc. Also when you die do you always drop items or is it a just a chance of dropping them?
Post edited by gatts87 on

Comments

• Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If you are in melee range of the monster, they tend to do physical melee attack more often. If you are far away from the monster, they tend to do their ranged attack more often, physical or elemental.
  • gatts87
    edited February 2009
    Thank you =). Can anyone answer the other questions as well?
  • gatts87
    edited February 2009
    Can anyone answer my other questions?
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm, not sure about the affects. I think a easy way to tell is - if the skill has the same picture as another they won't stack. Like with hp/mp recovery if you use life powder and then get buff of a cleric, it doesn't stack.

As for your other question - you have a big chance to drop an item from your inventory and your equips, when you die if your are pink named(if you have pk'd). Also you can drop when being killed by a monster when your white named, white name means' that your above level 30 and can be pk'd/turn pk mode on.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2009
    Different monsters have different attacks, most of the lower level mobs are pure physical, some have a minor magic attack. As the levels of the mobs increase, they are more likely to have a magic attach, but many still do primarily physical damage, and some do combined.

Any time you die, (whether killed by mob or another player,) you have (IIRC) a 1% chance of dropping items. That could be stuff from inventory, or items you are wearing. Unless they are bound, or you are using a guardian angel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xephanie - Heavens Tear
    Xephanie - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Basically skills that cast a # over time stack
    Poison, Burn, Mana-leak, Ironheart Blessing, etc... all stack (or overlap) provided it's the same skill being cast over and over.
    Example: Poison + more Poison
    Let’ say poison does 50 damage over 10 seconds of time or 5 points of damage each second
    It gets cast twice on you
    Now the first poison is still on you, and that damage over time is still in effect.
    As for the second poison, it is added on top of the first poison. So during a period of time you are taking double the damage.
    Essentially, you are taking 100 points of damage each second until one of the poisons wears off.
    Debuffs are horrid at higher levels.
    Poison or burn can cause dramatic reduction in HP over time (Even as a cleric with high magic defence I still can get 500 points of health taken off each second if I do not purify myself, obviously I would never let it get to that extreme, but if I did, I would be dead in a small amount of time)
    Mana-leak is absolutely horrible for classes with small amounts of mana. (eg: Blade Masters) have that stacked on you and you will have 0 mana in a matter of seconds.

Two things that do the same effect DO NOT stack or overlap.
    Example: Celestial Guardian Seal (Cleric buff) vs Life Powder/Focus Powder (HP or MP Increased Regeneration item)
    Celestial Seal will increase HP and MP regen for half an hour at a steady rate. Whereas Life powder or Focus Powder will increase regen rate dramatically for 10 minutes.
    Both the buffs and the items do essentially the same thing. But if one is used after the other one is already in place, they cancel each other out.
    Which really sucks if you just used a life powder and a cleric buffs you right after, you lose the +50hp/sec regen for a +10hp/sec regen. Basically it just wasted your powder.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have had problems understanding poison and bleed stacking, but currently they stack when monsters cast them but when players cast them they only stack when they come from different players. (You can not stack multiple bleeds or poisons on one target.)
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    When it comes to stacking, I've found the rule of thumb is:

Affects that last for minutes do NOT stack
    Affects that last for seconds DO stack

For example, while all my Buffs do not stack, I've verified that Ironheart Blessing (HoT) and Thunderball (DoT) both stack. Can't say if it holds true for everything though.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    when you are blue named you never drop equipped items
    more mobs seen to be physical attack at lower lvls and more are magical at higher lvls
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If a Earth Mob (like the Hexalots at Dragons End) throw a rock at you, is that earth damage or physical? Or both?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gatts87
    edited February 2009
    I think this has created more questions than answers hehe. Anyone know definite answers or is this speculation?
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    .... but when players cast them they only stack when they come from different players. (You can not stack multiple bleeds or poisons on one target.)

Nope. I regularly stack bleeds from fleshream and garotte on mobs. Most Ive managed to stack is 5 or so, but thats probably coz by the sixth stack the first bleed runs out.
    Or were you talking about stacking bleeds in PvP (no idea there).
    when you are blue named you never drop equipped items
    Yep. But you can still drop stuff from your inventory (1% chance).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Chrystea - Sanctuary
    Chrystea - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah bleed always stack. Draw blood/Piercing winds that Bms use stack for example.

For the distinction wether dmg is phys or mag, I've come to a simple way of seeing that. Maybe it's not accurate though ^^

If there is a casting animation around the mob = spell = elemental dmg
    If not = archer type = physical

The Hexelots in fb51 have both i believe but i'm not sure. If there are little rocks hovering (classic earth type animation) before they launch it = magical dmg.
    edited February 2009
    If a Earth Mob (like the Hexalots at Dragons End) throw a rock at you, is that earth damage or physical? Or both?

I think its both. A physical + magical attack.
    Lets assume a mob hit me 150 with a physical attack. With a magical it might hit me close to 500.
    When I use alclarity to cancel the mobs casting it still hits me 150. So even although I stop the magic, the physical still gets through.

Just guessing though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Nope. I regularly stack bleeds from fleshream and garotte on mobs. Most Ive managed to stack is 5 or so, but thats probably coz by the sixth stack the first bleed runs out.
    Or were you talking about stacking bleeds in PvP (no idea there).

Wow! I did not know that, thank you.

I was speaking of archer bleeds. Archer bleeds do not stack. If I bleed something and wait for my cooldown and bleed again, I can see my attack hit and then see no increased bleed damage afterwards. Also, I can hit with bleed and then lose my bleed effect seconds later when my initial bleed times out.

I thought all player bleeds worked like that, but now I am wondering if archer bleed is bugged? Or maybe archer bleed works different from yours to emphasize how our bleed very specifically does not pull aggro where your bleed does?

But I am also wondering now if my bleeds stacking was only because I was teamed with people other than archers. Perhaps archer bleeds from multiple players do not stack?
    edited February 2009
    Wow! I did not know that, thank you.

I was speaking of archer bleeds. Archer bleeds do not stack. If I bleed something and wait for my cooldown and bleed again, I can see my attack hit and then see no increased bleed damage afterwards. Also, I can hit with bleed and then lose my bleed effect seconds later when my initial bleed times out.

I thought all player bleeds worked like that, but now I am wondering if archer bleed is bugged? Or maybe archer bleed works different from yours to emphasize how our bleed very specifically does not pull aggro where your bleed does?

But I am also wondering now if my bleeds stacking was only because I was teamed with people other than archers. Perhaps archer bleeds from multiple players do not stack?

If your looking at the bleed icon below the mob's description ...don't. The icon disappears when the first bleed runs out and doesn't reappear until maybe the third or fourth stack (can't remember).

Also the bleeding damage numbers individually wont increase. For e.g. : I see a 200 bleed damage every 5 seconds with the first bleed. I stack the second bleed 8 seconds later. Now after every 3 seconds I see a 200 damage from bleed until the first bleed will run out.

Then again, I haven't played an archer so can't really say about your bleeds. Maybe they really do not stack? Like certain heals do and certain don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]