Best grinding spot...

Raviste - Heavens Tear
Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
... for a level 62 cleric?

What mobs give the most EXP for the least shots used? And which ones have the greatest DQ drop rates? :3

Please answer, and thank you. b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
Post edited by Raviste - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    if u throw in a exp scroll i would say foxwing supremes
    found damn near around everywhere lol, if u got level 10 plume and cyclone it should take about 5 hits cycling through cyclone and plume
    the dq drop rate for flexible sinew is pretty good on them as well give em a go if not try going for the flying mob right above dreaming cloud village (vampiric nightstalkers) bit higher level but easy and good dq rate
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Whichever flying mob is easiest for you. As a general rule of thumb, those are always the best to grind on.

For a cleric, I's suggest trying to find some wood poison flying mob thingys. Don't think there are any around your level though.. but they'd be pretty ideal.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    since ur lvl 62 u should try finding a squad for zhenning. Zhenning lvls u about 3 times as fast as grinding, though it probably will cost you a lot (unless you already possess xp scrolls and mp charms)
  • Seilen - Heavens Tear
    Seilen - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Best for 62 cleric is grind on flying poisonous mobs, you dont take much damage due instant purify skill, plume do nice damage to them and they give bonus XP same as water mobs do.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Ahh, thank you everyone. :) I'd like to zhen, but I haven't been able to find a squad. ;-;

Seilen, what flying poison mobs are near my level? The only poison mobs are know at this level are the Petalli. =/ I used to grind in vipions but they're too low now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Too high for me :P But I'd suggest checking here

Wanted to ask though ... why are flying mobs considered the best? I'm just starting in to the grinding levels, and personally I find flying mobs a pain (maybe that's just because I'm playing on a laptop ...). Plus, fighting on the ground I can collect mats at the same time. So I'm just wondering ... what am I missing by not grinding in the air?
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Flying and water mobs give 1.5 times the EXP that normal mobs give. b:victory

Thanks for the link! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Flying and water mobs give 1.5 times the EXP that normal mobs give. b:victory
    Ahhh ... thanks, good to know! Guess that's worth a bit a pain :P
  • ZadirZex - Lost City
    ZadirZex - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dang, no one has given the man a specific monster name yet! I'd recommend grinding Vampric Nightstalkers outside Village of the Dreaming Cloud.

As far as zhenning goes, it might level you a bit faster (I wouldn't say 3 times faster), but you lose out on a lot of money. Solo grinding is nice because you can do it whenever you want and you make a lot more money.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dang, no one has given the man a specific monster name yet! I'd recommend grinding Vampric Nightstalkers outside Village of the Dreaming Cloud.

As far as zhenning goes, it might level you a bit faster (I wouldn't say 3 times faster), but you lose out on a lot of money. Solo grinding is nice because you can do it whenever you want and you make a lot more money.

erm, what about this kind person?
    if u throw in a exp scroll i would say foxwing supremes
    found damn near around everywhere lol, if u got level 10 plume and cyclone it should take about 5 hits cycling through cyclone and plume
    the dq drop rate for flexible sinew is pretty good on them as well give em a go if not try going for the flying mob right above dreaming cloud village (vampiric nightstalkers) bit higher level but easy and good dq rate

I will add this a piece of advice since it's something I noticed. Team up with a wizard. As many of these individuals have said, fighting poison mobs is great, foxwings are nice too, until you reach higher levels. But if you gather up some aggro poison mobs with a wizard and aoe them while the cleric heals the wizard, its more than enough to keep the wizard alive since the damage is DoT. A wizard can easily keep aggro off a cleric with high power aoe's. Just thought I'd add this as something I've been quite successful with in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Grinding I'd say go with foxwings. For better xp though don't forget the Justice quests in Tusk Town.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Thanks guys. I decided to go with the Vampiric Nightstalkers; the EXP is greater, and I kill them in the same number of hits as the foxwings. b:cute

And yes, I love the Justice quests! :D I usually do them together with One-Man Army for extra benefits lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Conce - Heavens Tear
    Conce - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Eventually at 70 u can aoe grind...Lots of xp and money...there u go..best mobs for this? umm any that stacks poison. everything else..figure it out.I gave u the tools,now use em..=)
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" Co7Vc3 <3 El Romance Letal <3 *Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands*
  • excellerent2
    excellerent2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the terrestrial foxwings north of misfortune, and the vipions south of misfortune are great for exp
  • Mythix - Lost City
    Mythix - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    kill Vampiric Nightstalkers
    A proud leader
    A proud soloist
    A proud cleric
  • Western - Heavens Tear
    Western - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if your lvl 60 and above try killin foxwing supremeb:laugh

if lvl70 and above orchid petali nice exp and drops....i got almost 1.5M coins in just 1 whole day grinding....b:shutup

if lvl80....the butterflies in the lake woe....wahahhah thats itb:laughb:laugh
    b:angry CLEAN isn't GREEN b:cry
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I go grinding on the foxwing supremes in Etherblade, and the vipon revolutionaries located around the City of Misfortune. Even though the vipons are a much lower level, they have still given me a good amount of exp, and also the drops are worth a lot of money too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't grind. b:victory
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Best grinding spot...

Pelvis....
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.