Anime People

Options
SilverTails - Heavens Tear
SilverTails - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
So, I don't watch anime but I just recently saw the movie and whole series to deathnote and the whole series to Kanokon (sp?) and I'd like to know if you guys know any other good animes?

I liked Kanokon a lot because it was that kind of perverted funny and Death Note I liked because of L's genius. So any suggestions?
Post edited by SilverTails - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's very smart, very dramatic, very interesting, very funny but slow beginning and many flashbacks.

Yes, I'm talking about Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (2nd session), I recommend it strongly, you'll find all kinds of emotions in it, even my lil sis likes it and she doesn't know english...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    claymore
    vampire knight
    bokura ga ita
    really old one: inuyasha
    new ones: toradora, skip beat, vampire knight guilty
    actually there r so many nice animes

would need to know what kinda animes u like to suggest
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's very smart, very dramatic, very interesting, very funny but slow beginning and many flashbacks.

Yes, I'm talking about Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (2nd session), I recommend it strongly, you'll find all kinds of emotions in it, even my lil sis likes it and she doesn't know english...
    the manga is way better, the anime kind of ruins the main storyline because of so much filler, all the battles seem way too drawn out.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • AlaskanShade - Heavens Tear
    AlaskanShade - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So, I don't watch anime but I just recently saw the movie and whole series to deathnote and the whole series to Kanokon (sp?) and I'd like to know if you guys know any other good animes?

I liked Kanokon a lot because it was that kind of perverted funny and Death Note I liked because of L's genius. So any suggestions?

If you like Romantic Comedies...and i mean hilarious funny. I'd recommend the anime Karin for you. It's really good, also you should be sure to check out the Chibi Vampire Manga, its an anime book and it'll tell you how to read them if you dont already know how. Caution: There is a novel but be sure you look in the book to make sure it's mostly pictures not text like a book.

There are other animes that totally kick butt!
    Here's a list I think you should check out:
    Outlaw Star
    Tenchi Muyo
    Wolf's Rain
    MOVIE: Spirited Away
    Fooly Cooly
    If you like gore then here's a good one
    hellsing (Make sure it's the OVA series, otherwise known as ultimate)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Please read through this thread, it'll help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hartie_tank - Heavens Tear
    Hartie_tank - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Goku Super saian 2 :D
  • Sisi - Heavens Tear
    Sisi - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Twelve Kingdoms (it might be boring at the beginning cuz of the costume setups and the styles, but it is a very very good award winning anime that i suggest everyone to watch it);

yo yo hakusho;

card capters ( hope i spelled it right :P);

Rosen Maiden (it's an anime about the dolls...the expensive and realistic korean dolls, they'r pretty and cute and interesting);

Hikaru No Go (anime from the same artist of death note, came out way before it)

Case Closed (some places call it "Detective Conan", which is like mystery murders solving kid, but it's very very long, considering it's been out for 13 years already and it still hasn't ended it....i suggest u go watch the movies of it, there'r 12 of them, and the 13th one's coming up);

Host Club (sounds kinda wrong but it's actually a very very very cute story of a girl being mistaken as a guy and that's how the story started...not gonna spoil it much more. the anime version's already ended, but the manga hasn't stopped yet)

Nana (i won't say much about it, the best anime ever)

Shakugan No Shana (the anime's not ended yet i think, not too sure about the manga version. it's a very sweet story and has adventure and fantasy elements in it)

Gintama (very very funny anime. both manga and anime'v not ended yet)

Dragon ball (classic LOL~~ the "formal" dragon ball when Goku's still growing up was very funny, i hate Dragon Ball Z)

Victorian Romance Emma (romantic anime...the anime version' and the manga version r pretty much the same, so i suggest just watch the anime one. The time setting at the Victorian period in England. no super natural powers or watever...just a very sweet romance anime.)
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Case Closed (some places call it "Detective Conan", which is like mystery murders solving kid, but it's very very long, considering it's been out for 13 years already and it still hasn't ended it....i suggest u go watch the movies of it, there'r 12 of them, and the 13th one's coming up);
    It's only called Case Closed in the US because the name is similar to Conan the Barbarian...which is a very stupid reason, really.

And definitely watch One Piece, though it gets worse later when the arcs get reeaally long. Then you start reading the manga unless you'd rather spend 50 hours watching the CP9 arc...
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • faerothie
    faerothie Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Naruto
    Naruto: Shippuden
    "Live or die... Make your choice..." Death

"The meaning of Life is... To steal your cookies for myself...!" Cookie Monster

"The Seven Deadly Sins are the way... To us..." Hades, Persephone & Cerberus
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    my fav is Elfenlied :) (or Efen Lied, idk in english^^)
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • solidboss
    solidboss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    AFRO SAMURAI!!!

just great :D
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Soul Eater
    Tales of the Abyss
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
  • sotsf
    sotsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anime -

Honey and Clover Lots of talking and some great piano pieces, I liked season 1 more than 2. I bet I'd hate it if it weren't for the captivating music
    You're Under Arrest Watched it as a child, great memories :P
    Samurai X The earlier episodes only
    Cardcaptor Sakura Season 1 was very well done.

Manga -

Full Metal Alchemist Much better than anime which feels hollow and unexplained.. ongoing
    Naruto Shippuden series (anime's killing it). Any powerful technique will have consequences.. ongoing
    Ichigo 100% Was interesting, hard to put down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you liked Death Note, going from that the only thing I could recommend which comes close is 'Liar Game'. It's a great manga and very intelligent. If you don't want to read, there's also a J-drama you can watch. I heard it's good too but haven't seen myself yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverTails - Heavens Tear
    SilverTails - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i completed both seasons of rosario + vampire and im in love with that anime.
  • Amethystsnow - Sanctuary
    Amethystsnow - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    General rule of thumb, the manga is almost always twice as good (and usually twice as long) as the anime counter part. This is of course false with things like Naruto and Bleach whose fillers have forced me to stop watching. But you should try going on www.onemanga.com and pick a genre you like, or just look at what are the highest rated mangas. And just pick one up and start reading.
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Onemanga has really bad scans for some of the older manga chapters though. And manga>anime almost every time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This site has alot of anime lovers in it, they saw like almost most of anime o.o
    My friend made this site up for all the anime lovers to talk n discuss. Its pretty cool check it out http://anime-live.webs.com/index.htm
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Samurai Champloo!!
  • Babbymoon - Lost City
    Babbymoon - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you like Death Note i recommend you Code Geass.The main character Lelouch resembles Light a lot.
  • bobzilla21
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure andracil said this already, but it's easier to stick this in one spot...go here:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=170921
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viod - Heavens Tear
    Viod - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you like Death note then you should watch Code Geass.