Let me get this straight...

thewordlesssignature
thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
So I'm trying to make a Support Cleric. I'm confused about what build to do: full int with 9 mag 1 str every two lvls? or do I add any vit to anything? Some people were saying that adding vit was pointless for a cleric...

Basically my question is: Do I build my support cleric like I build my full attack cleric? I know I'm gonna focus on different skills. On that note, exactly which healing spells take priority other than Ironheart Blessing?

Hope someone can answer these questions soon =D

jaa,
sano
Post edited by thewordlesssignature on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You are going to need some Vit or you will not be able to survive the hits from AoE bosses that you are healing the tank for.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    coolies, thanks for the info =D

jaa,
    sano
  • Huli_Man - Heavens Tear
    Huli_Man - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, the best support cleric would be a pure int build (9 mag/1 str) because more magic = better heals.

Now, you WILL need some additional hps if you plan on soloing and for late game instances (TT1-2, for example). Ideally, you'd get it all from your equipment, so that you can still put all your extra attribute points into mag to be the best healer possible. However, buying/making + equipment with stones etc can get very expensive, which is why some people put points into vit. Be aware, however, the clerics only get an additional 10 hp per vit, which is worse than other classes.

As far as heals go, Ironheart is your bread and butter heal, which I use about 99% of the time. I've gotten a little use out of soon the light and very occasionally use wellspring surge when I want to heal myself using less mp than ironheart. I have not gotten to the point where I've had to use stream of rejuvenation for any reason and blessing of the purehearted is a joke.

Besides keeping ironheart maxed, I would recommend using your extra SP for your buffs, rather than any other heals (other than a couple levels of soon the light).