Installing the game

sebastienne
sebastienne Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I seem to be having a problem installing the game.
I downloaded it and now it's setting up. It's on 84% after about 3 or 4
hours. I have a brand-new computer with high-speed internet.
Why's it taking so long. I've had huge games that didn't take
a fraction of this time to download.
Post edited by sebastienne on

Comments

• __fox__ - Heavens Tear
    __fox__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It takes a long time to download and set up. I am not sure why. I just left mine downloading and left it there for a couple of hours. I did not do this but I believe there is a way to download it in chunks.

Don't worry, its not your computers fault. b:laugh

If the problem persists you may want to contact a GM or MOD, I think andracil is a popular forum mod.

Anyways, just keep letting it download. If it stops working you may need to redo it or there could be a problem with your admin settings on your computer.
  • sebastienne
    sebastienne Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks, I sure hope it's worth the wait. The graphics looked amazing.
    It's at 97% now so it shouldn't take too awful long.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    4-6hrs is pretty fast, ive heard pple say it took them a whole week to load lol o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • stuffedkitty
    stuffedkitty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i have like a 2000 model and it only took me 6hrs
  • quietsong
    quietsong Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have a Windows Vista. This has taken me about two hours to download/install, but now I have to wait for it to update stuff. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Perfect World International is a 2.4 GB download. It might take a bit, depending on your bandwidth and local hard drive access speed. If the download seems to be going far too slow, try one of the official mirrors. I've personally had the most success with the Gamer's Hell official mirror.

If you're have delays during the update sequence, try the 1-71 manual patch official filefront mirror.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ventoria
    ventoria Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have all the 4 parts of the game ready to install, but then i start it up and after about 30 seconds it tells me there is a corrupt file, i have deleted all the files and re-loaded them but this still happens, what do i do?(the full file will not download at all for me.) pleas tell me what i should do! i soooo want to play!
  • gattsuru
    edited February 2009
    Do you have an old version of 7-zip or WinRAR installed? Does the issue persist with a file from the Gamer'sHell official mirror?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wingzero647
    wingzero647 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    quietsong wrote: »
    I have a Windows Vista. This has taken me about two hours to download/install, but now I have to wait for it to update stuff. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

how do u download it fast
  • gattsuru
    edited February 2009
    Please try one of the official download mirrors, such as the Gamer's Hell official mirror.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.