Ideas for Calendar Creation Prizes

Maniqwen - Heavens Tear
Maniqwen - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Ok so there's a lot of people that are unhappy with the March calendar creation prize. Saying that the dragon orbs don't compare in any way as valuable and rare as a Black Raptor Mount.

Dvorak said to “feel free to give us feedback regarding prizes you'd like to see in the future.”

So I was thinking why not try to have the prizes coincide with the theme of the month, like the calendars. I have included examples of prizes for an entire year incase this event continues on.

January - 100 Crazy stone quest treats. (Why not start the year of with some extra exp?)

February – Bride and bridegroom packs (There’s not a better way to celebrate love than to get married!)

March – Gold (Like in the Leprechaun pots at the end of the rainbow)

April – Baby Wind Walking Pig (So of course a Baby Snow Hare or Huggy Hare would be more suitable but they aren’t nearly as rare and expensive as the Baby pig)

May – DQ Silver mane or Violet lightning horse. (The Kentucky Derby is held the first Saturday in May)

June - A Full Bikini set or Full Swim Trunk set (Perfect timing for some fun in the sun)

July – Lion Mount (The sign of Leos)

August – Dragonfly Flying Mount (Dragonflies love the heat, and you see most of them during this month)

September - Ninth Tail Wolf mount (Simply because it’s the ninth month in the year)

October – 9999 Hercules forces (Because he’s ugly and makes me think of Halloween)

November – 9999 Phoenix Feathers (Really couldn’t think of anything else for November)

December - Chromatic Elk Mount (Another month I couldn’t think of anything else for)

Some of the months were hard to match up with items so I did the best I could. Also I know that a few items are class related (forces, feathers, dragonfly) but these are probably the most valuable on the list (including the lion mount) so if you can’t use them, you can definitively sell them.

My main goal was to give each month's winners, fantastic prizes for their efforts that are comparable to the black raptor mount.
Post edited by Maniqwen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Heck no to January. x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is a great idea having the prize correspond with something about the month. Good job on figuring some of this out. ^.^ I really like the prizes as well, it's good to have them so they aren't too far different in value.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • Maniqwen - Heavens Tear
    Maniqwen - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is a great idea having the prize correspond with something about the month. Good job on figuring some of this out. ^.^ I really like the prizes as well, it's good to have them so they aren't too far different in value.

Thanks b:pleased
  • XxXDraigoXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXDraigoXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Heck no to January. x.x

I would have to agree here with Maiya, and also say heck no to February, since not everyone wants to get married, and it doesn't sell too good either
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I love them all, except January and February. As nice as it would be to get a free wedding pack (if you want one), it's really difficult to resell. 100 crazy stones... no thank you. Even if I were just given the reward without spending money on the quest... it doesn't amount to enough later on in the game. It actually becomes somewhat of a hassle.

For me that'd be 9.8% x 100 = 980%.

So that's almost 10 levels. Well, yay! Except now I'm behind in SPR (since the quest doesn't give enough) AND in money for equips and skills. Not to mention my pets are 9 levels behind me. Yay?

Although it wouldn't really equate to 9.8 levels because of experience requirements increasing... but you see how it could pose a problem. :(
    b:bye RETIRED
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I love them all, except January and February. As nice as it would be to get a free wedding pack (if you want one), it's really difficult to resell. 100 crazy stones... no thank you. Even if I were just given the reward without spending money on the quest... it doesn't amount to enough later on in the game. It actually becomes somewhat of a hassle.

For me that'd be 9.8% x 100 = 980%.

So that's almost 10 levels. Well, yay! Except now I'm behind in SPR (since the quest doesn't give enough) AND in money for equips and skills. Not to mention my pets are 9 levels behind me. Yay?

Although it wouldn't really equate to 9.8 levels because of experience requirements increasing... but you see how it could pose a problem. :(

Okay, so ....

January - Spirit

February - Rep

idk on amounts of each, so if this seems good, others can comment on how much of each.

I'll start the suggest...

50K Spirit?
    200 Rep?

:P
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D