Unexpected PVP problem

BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
Well...it may sounds stupid but I cannot deal with clerics with activated plume shield. I do them like (in duel) 50 - 70 dmg and get killed very easily. Pls tell me how to beat a cleric with plume shell.
And maybe we should make one sticky thread with pvp advice only. It will be great. b:laugh
My people, some of them have run away to the hills
and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
I will fight no more....
Post edited by BloodCountes - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    spark and theyll drop
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    shield only blocks physical damage. if they are close to dying just use ur metal debuff and lightning
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Cant really killed fully geared out Clerics on same lvl as yourself through shield, even if u spark. The squishy lower lvls ones/ or crappy gear ones can always be killed using spark tho. But if a cleric is same lvl as u and have nice gear and good hp, u might wanna use wings of grace to prevent getting slept when they activate plume shield, than kite them til plume shield is out. Or just make a veno and use flesh ream, than u wont have trouble with any shields ^_^
  • saerius
    saerius Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bleed helps take down their shield
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    saerius wrote: »
    bleed helps take down their shield

By the time you fire the bleed arrow, the cleric probably has already casted a spell on you (prob sleep) or whatnot and you'd be dead shortly after. I'd say aim low to bind or stun him and then just either spark or hit him with a normal attack (or like suggested if he's almost dead, use an elemental attack).

Or maybe wings of grace and then just spark and kill? You should be able to take a few hits before going down (and you'd be immune to sleep for 15seconds... he'd prob start kiting you at this point but you should easily get him if he kites). If his gear is godly then just give up - you probably can't beat a well geared cleric at similar levels... maybe try someone else who has crappy stuff xD

Fairly new to the PvP scene but those are what I'd probably try if I faced a similar situation.
  • saerius
    saerius Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    By the time you fire the bleed arrow, the cleric probably has already casted a spell on you (prob sleep) or whatnot and you'd be dead shortly after. I'd say aim low to bind or stun him and then just either spark or hit him with a normal attack (or like suggested if he's almost dead, use an elemental attack).

Or maybe wings of grace and then just spark and kill? You should be able to take a few hits before going down (and you'd be immune to sleep for 15seconds... he'd prob start kiting you at this point but you should easily get him if he kites). If his gear is godly then just give up - you probably can't beat a well geared cleric at similar levels... maybe try someone else who has crappy stuff xD

Fairly new to the PvP scene but those are what I'd probably try if I faced a similar situation.

suppose the cleric already tried sleep first..and u countered that.. nw wot
    it(EDIT:Sleep) has a good heafthy cooldown.....

u cant actually expect all clerics to react/ duel like every other cleric:)

n i didnt say that u "should use serrated arrow" .. its just my two cents, regarding hw it drains mana/(does damage regardless of shield) n helps takes down their shield.

most of you may not even need to use it.. still its a skill we have, n i tot mb the info would help the topic starter.

the more u know about ur class the deadlier u will be :)
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    shield only blocks physical damage. if they are close to dying just use ur metal debuff and lightning

hmm, this is new to me, magical surpass wing shield of cleric?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hmm, this is new to me, magical surpass wing shield of cleric?

yes and the metal def debuff actually works very nice. i have killed robe ep's through shield with debuff -> lightning crit
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    TY all guys. I will follow your instructions. And maybe we should have one sticky guide for PVP? Cause only on first page I see about 4 - 6 threads about pvping. What do u think? :)
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yes and the metal def debuff actually works very nice. i have killed robe ep's through shield with debuff -> lightning crit

k tnx for the strategy devoted...