There are too few tier 3 nodes in the game

Gonzu - Heavens Tear
Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Make more of them and shorten the respawn timer to 5 minutes.
Post edited by Gonzu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Tier 3 nodes?
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    You don't know what a node is?

It's those thingies that you gather crafting materials from.

Like herbs, metal and stone.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Seconded.

...not that anyone who matters will care. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're just not looking hard enough. I can get around 150 of those mats (tier 3 mats) in an hour, and that's Refined Steel, Anthracite, Fine Lumber and Rubstone, no herbs included in those 150 mats.

You just need to try harder.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1) Dont think any GM will even take this into consideration.
    2) There are TONs of rank3 mats, but for each mine, there will be 10 people trying to camp it.
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    You're just not looking hard enough. I can get around 150 of those mats (tier 3 mats) in an hour, and that's Refined Steel, Anthracite, Fine Lumber and Rubstone, no herbs included in those 150 mats.

You just need to try harder.

They are on a 10 minute respawn timer so I call bullsh.it on this one.

Nice try though.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Nice try though.
    Back in the day when i was lv50-60, there werent so many people farming same mats, i made a lot more than that when i was bored.
    10 mins respawn for EACH mine, just arrivals area has 3 of each mine type.
    Tusk town a few more, dreaming cloud, sanctuary, i can count 4 antracites just around dreamweaver, and so on.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Nice try though.

You do know that you can travel between the nodes, right - and that by the time you've finished your trip, the first ones will have respawned? I am getting loads of T3 mats, too. Not sure if it's 150 per hour, but still a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009

Nice try though.

Call it bull if you want, doesn't change the fact that I can get 150 mats in an hour, you're the one struggling to get mats, not me b:victory.

But by the looks of it, you'd be content with getting 6 mats or so in an hour, since you seem to have an issue with the fact that they have long respawn time... probably implying that you sit there waiting for it to respawn. If you ran around getting different mats, then what does the 10 minutes respawn timer matter to you? Just come back 10 minutes later.

As others have said, it's quite easy to get mats if you know what you're doing.
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    You do know that you can travel between the nodes, right - and that by the time you've finished your trip, the first ones will have respawned? I am getting loads of T3 mats, too. Not sure if it's 150 per hour, but still a lot.

You think that you are the only one who wants to farm those nodes on the whole server?

Again I call bullsh.it on getting 150 mats in one hour.

What the f**k is wrong with you people anyway?!

Don't you want it easier and faster to farm mats?
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Call it bull if you want, doesn't change the fact that I can get 150 mats in an hour, you're the one struggling to get mats, not me b:victory.

But by the looks of it, you'd be content with getting 6 mats or so in an hour, since you seem to have an issue with the fact that they have long respawn time... probably implying that you sit there waiting for it to respawn. If you ran around getting different mats, then what does the 10 minutes respawn timer matter to you? Just come back 10 minutes later.

As others have said, it's quite easy to get mats if you know what you're doing.

Why post in my thread if you have nothing constructive to say?

Begone with yee!
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    As I said, you can call it bull if you want, it doesn't change the fact that I DO get 150 mats in an hour. Please, if you really don't want to believe me, you don't have to. You're the one struggling, not me.

@ your mention of others wanting to get the mats, there are ways around that issue. You just need to use your head, which you don't seem to want to do, you just want PWE to make it easier for you.

@ your comment about making it easier and faster to farm mats, no, I think that the current system that they have is fine. 150 mats in an hour is plenty. If it's easier to farm mats, then more people will have mats, there will be more mats in the market, the price will go down, and it'll be harder to make money for the mat farmers. Now why would I want that?
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    As I said, you can call it bull if you want, it doesn't change the fact that I DO get 150 mats in an hour. Please, if you really don't want to believe me, you don't have to. You're the one struggling, not me.

@ your mention of others wanting to get the mats, there are ways around that issue. You just need to use your head, which you don't seem to want to do, you just want PWE to make it easier for you.

@ your comment about making it easier and faster to farm mats, no, I think that the current system that they have is fine. 150 mats in an hour is plenty. If it's easier to farm mats, then more people will have mats, there will be more mats in the market, the price will go down, and it'll be harder to make money for the mat farmers. Now why would I want that?

You are just talking out of your ****.

Even if you were the only player on the server going for those mats you would never get 150 in one hour.

Give it up already.

I guess that you are just scared that if they implement more nodes in the game and shorten the spawn timer on those nodes to 5 minutes you wouldn't get such high price for your mats as you are getting today.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    You are just talking out of your ****.

Even if you were the only player on the server going for those mats you would never get 150 in one hour.

Give it up already.

I guess that you are just scared that if they implement more nodes in the game and shorten the spawn timer on those nodes to 5 minutes you wouldn't get such high price for your mats as you are getting today.

Ok, since it seems that you really are reluctant to believe that I get 150 mats in an hour, don't believe me, I'm fine with that. I'll be happy with my 150 mats, and you can be happy with your errr... 20 or so? I don't know how many you're getting.

It's actually quite possible to get 150 mats in a run. In the 10 minutes that it takes for mats to respawn, I visit 25 mines. 25 x 6 = 150. And even then, some mines give 2 mats, not 1, so even if i miss a few mines, that still gives me approx 150 mats per hour.

As for your comment about me not being the only player on the server, yes, that's true. But there are ways around the other players, if you can't figure out how, well then I guess you can't get 150 mats in an hour. But for those that can, they understand that it's easily possible.

Please, don't believe me if you don't want to. I'm very happy with my 150 mats an hour. You can be happy with the few that you get.

But I will say this, if you don't think that you can get 150 mats in an hour, then you won't get 150 mats in an hour. You won't try to get what you don't believe in. But that's fine with me, I don't need you to get 150 mats in an hour. I'll be content with mine :).

EDIT: Oh, and 1 more thing I forgot to address. You claim that I am 'scared', about them implementing 5 minute timers. Well here's some info for you. The game is made by the developers in China, and all the stuff that gets put in hour version filters through the Chinese version first. They aren't going to change the timers just because of 1 thread on these forums. There are things that people have been CAMPAINING and PETITIONING for, for over a year (in other versions), such as essential bug fixes, but no, the devs won't even change those (such as the flying pet boss bug). They're not going to change the timers just because you want them to.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Life isn't fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    You think that you are the only one who wants to farm those nodes on the whole server

Umm - no. But my inventory is stocked with more T3 mats than I ever could possibly need, so that kinda tells me it's possible. I just farmed 25 T3 mats in a few minutes, btw - just to see how hard it really is. It's not.

And sure I wanted to have everything handed to me the easy way.. Level 105, instantly, please. Max TT armor with perfect shards and one of those red glowing weapons please, while we are at it, too. Oh wait... what would I still want to do in the game if I had all that?.. hmmm.... See what I mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Umm - no. But my inventory is stocked with more T3 mats than I ever could possibly need, so that kinda tells me it's possible. I just farmed 25 T3 mats in a few minutes, btw - just to see how hard it really is. It's not.

And sure I wanted to have everything handed to me the easy way.. Level 105, instantly, please. Max TT armor with perfect shards and one of those red glowing weapons please, while we are at it, too. Oh wait... what would I still want to do in the game if I had all that?.. hmmm.... See what I mean?

Not really.

Getting more nodes to farm mats from is the same as getting to the max level in an instant?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    She's speaking of how lowering the timer on these mats would just make it easier for people. It's already a decent rate on their timer, there really isn't a huge need to decrease it. Her level 105 example was to say it would be ridiculous to make everything easier.

If someone gets their lowered mat times, people want more exp from enemies or have TT armor be easier to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    She's speaking of how lowering the timer on these mats would just make it easier for people. It's already a decent rate on their timer, there really isn't a huge need to decrease it. Her level 105 example was to say it would be ridiculous to make everything easier.

If someone gets their lowered mat times, people want more exp from enemies or have TT armor be easier to make.

A 10 minute timer isn't decent, a 5 minute timer is.

That would be pretty bad wouldn't it?

Getting more exp from killing mobs.

I totally see your point now.

You want to spend the rest of your life trying to get to the max level and damn those that wants it to go any faster.
    edited February 2009
    You want to spend the rest of your life trying to get to the max level and damn those that wants it to go any faster.

No, I guess the difference between you and me is that I couldn't care less if I ever reach max level as long as I have fun playing the game. And I will only have fun playing the game as long as I have something left to do.

There are things in PW I consider to be tedious, but mat gathering honestly isn't. You don't need hundreds of mats to craft an armor for you and some Ult Substances to go to TT, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I have no idea what the problem is. I don't do 150/hour, maybe closer to 100, but I'm lower level and have to spend some more time avoiding some more difficult monsters in the area.

I see no reason for a shorter timer, the other guy's right; lower prices for the same amount of work I put into it. Frankly, I'm shocked at how many there are in some locations, if you look hard enough you can find 3 of the same mat almost right next to each other.
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    No, I guess the difference between you and me is that I couldn't care less if I ever reach max level as long as I have fun playing the game. And I will only have fun playing the game as long as I have something left to do.

There are things in PW I consider to be tedious, but mat gathering honestly isn't. You don't need hundreds of mats to craft an armor for you and some Ult Substances to go to TT, really.

You have no clue what the difference between you and me really is.

Gathering mats is tedious to me and most people.

Grats if it isn't tedious to you.
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I have no idea what the problem is. I don't do 150/hour, maybe closer to 100, but I'm lower level and have to spend some more time avoiding some more difficult monsters in the area.

I see no reason for a shorter timer, the other guy's right; lower prices for the same amount of work I put into it. Frankly, I'm shocked at how many there are in some locations, if you look hard enough you can find 3 of the same mat almost right next to each other.

Just more bull.

There is no way that you will get 100 mats in an hour not counting herbs.

Or are you guys talking about herbs only?

Yeah then I could prolly get 100 an hour as well.

Cheerio!
    edited February 2009
    Gathering mats is tedious to me and most people.

If that was the case you'd probably get more support in this thread... *shrug*

I guess I've made my point... b:bye

PS: No, I was talking about Rubstone & Co, not Herbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    If that was the case you'd probably get more support in this thread... *shrug*

I guess I've made my point... b:bye

PS: No, I was talking about Rubstone & Co, not Herbs.

No, forum trolls such as yourself sits at home or at work just watching different threads in a forum just to make their daily "contribution".
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No, forum trolls such as yourself sits at home or at work just watching different threads in a forum just to make their daily "contribution".

Just trolling at work :D

Here's my two cents,

If you spent less time whining about something that isnt going to get changed and flaming those that are trying to explain a few simple things to you, you might actually collect more mats. But of course sitting around on the forums and complaining is way more effective...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't know what you want me to say. I picked up about 15-20 in 10 minutes while going around doing the coin quest, that is between 90-120 an hour. I"m not trying to troll, I'm just saying maybe you are looking in the wrong areas.

The respawn timer wouldn't really affect me that much, I only collect mats like once a day or so, just as a break from grinding. Five minutes does seem extremely fast though, and I see no reason to potentially double the number of mats available to players.
    edited February 2009

If you consider everyone who happens to disagree with you to be a "troll", then I guess I am guilty as charged.

Have a nice day! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Agreed. The 10 minute timer is not the reason I don't get a whole bunch of mats; it's because I'm busy questing or getting distracted in chat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sorry to say Gonzu, but you're pretty much outvoted. I agree that the 10 minute timer is just fine as it is. Speaking for myself only, when I need money, I'll just take an hour and go farm mats then set up a kitty stall when I go to bed. Come the next morning, I have the money I need.

And given that alot of the people you are talking to are quite a few levels higher than you, you may want to reconsider the whole "forum troll" comment. I mean if we can spend "all day" trolling the forums and still be several levels higher than you, it says something about your ability don't you think?