Force of Will

_Blackjack_ - Lost City
_Blackjack_ - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Wizard
I just got it, its good for stopping archers stun shots, but the promised 2.3 second silence isn't there It only lasts for a fraction of a second then goes away. I tired it on mobs too and it only worked for .5 seconds. what the hell is up with this spell?
Post edited by _Blackjack_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Fire_Blood - Lost City
    Fire_Blood - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    made in china
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PM me for my referral b:victory
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    made in china

LOL, awesome reply, but what is that suposed to mean? they have a different perception of time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Its a joke lol.

Most things you buy in the states are "made in china" and often dont work, or break easy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actual time = Time specified - (cast time + channel time).
  • Elahim - Lost City
    Elahim - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah L1 FoW is semi-useful, I wouldn't worry about leveling it further until you get into the high 6X then level it as much as you can and it becomes very worth it, same advice for Glacial Snare.
  • Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Jrudora, not exactly. The spell doesn't start until the channel time is done..but you're right with the casting time (which is 2 sec). So currently you probably see a .3 second silence. I don't know about the not leveling it idea. I leveled it as soon as the next level was available. Once you hit level 4 it becomes fairly useful.
  • _Blackjack_ - Lost City
    _Blackjack_ - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Jrudora, not exactly. The spell doesn't start until the channel time is done..but you're right with the casting time (which is 2 sec). So currently you probably see a .3 second silence. I don't know about the not leveling it idea. I leveled it as soon as the next level was available. Once you hit level 4 it becomes fairly useful.

Oh son of a.............. Man, I thought I would have a decent silence there too, damn.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're right Tryangle. Whoops =P
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh son of a.............. Man, I thought I would have a decent silence there too, damn.

yeah devolopers just hate us that way.....b:bye
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Technically, shouldn't it be that you can see a 2.3 second silence, BUT only have .3 seconds to do anything else?

It's a little nick-picky, I suppose, but it is an important distinction to make, I think. Even if you can't start to do something else to them for the 2 second casting time, they're still silenced during that time.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    FoW is a lame skill which its main pourpse is to cancel another players channling which 70% wont work unless its anothe mage...
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    FoW has proven very helpful at lvl 1, where it will stay till I can max it all at once, its a great way to stop that dreaded venomious scarb when wood defence is your lowest, only problem is predicting the VS, you have to cast it like .001 seconds before the VS, and yea, youll time it wrong, or something or interupt another spell, either way, you just bought yourself 1 more quick hit, but 7/10 i got it how i need it, and avoid the spell, which more often then not gives me the win, so yea, FoW can mean the difference bewteen a win and a lose.

but thats just my 2 cents
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I personally think FoW sucks. The cooldown is too long for any efficient/consistent use in PvE, and in PvP it's only really good for stopping ults or other slow casting skills you don't want to be hit with. It's not bad honestly but a lot of skills take priority in my opinion.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    at demon its 18 second cooldown, so its certainly good for a temptest stopper i guess. or keeping a cleric silenced long enough for your faction or squad to take out the wb with ease, but yea, still a long cooldown :(
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Il say this skill is good for pk 1v1.

So your charm ticks you now got to survive another 10 secs with them hitting you as fast as they can. So any second when there not hitting you is a second where your charm is recovering. If there silenced you can be recovering HP from a pot and your charm will be closer to saving you again :P

Other uses have been stated like intupting ults. Also can be good for stopping zhen skills. See an archer using barrage on your guildies in a TW, smack a silence on em and thats that sorted.
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
This discussion has been closed.