where do barbs stand as one of the six perfect world classes?

CornHilario - Heavens Tear
CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Barbarian
hi ima barb. i like barbs because they can be tigers(and i like tigers)! so i wanna know something about my favorite class. "where do barbarians stand as one of the six classes of pw?" I am curious because i think barbs could be the best class versus the other classes(in pvp) (please be sob:beg). well i wanna know what classes barbs beat and lose to.
what would be nice:
- reasons why they beat that class/ lose to that class
EVEN better:
- possible proof from real duels/pvp, if possible? b:thanks
One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
Post edited by CornHilario - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    they cant DD, lack magic resistance, but they can outlast every other class in terms of shear vitality...end of story...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm not really into pvp, but from what I've heard barbs do well in pvp at higher lvl. However everything depends on your build, the skills you use and your gameplay. I don't think there is 1 best pvp class, otherwise lost city players would all have the same class.

I think the real answer has to come from a lost city player.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    barbs beat every thing just as every thing beats barbs. magic kills barbs dead any one or any thing that can kite you with magic is your executionor.
    barbs have very high hp and rather good attack how ever you trade a bit of one for the other ie in tiger form you with tank build you get a godly amount of hp (see my lvl i have 7k hp when buffed and in tiger 3) and in human you get base bm damage with twice the hp.

as far as our place in the game goes we are under every one holding them up. NOTHING KEEPS A CLERIC ALIVE LIKE A BARB PERIOD. and clerics keep the party alive. so that is your place. even damage barbs are still support as thier are back up tanks and extra DPers.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Gratora - Sanctuary
    Gratora - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok to answer to question about pvp. (note my lvl cuz difference might come huge at later lvls) i beat veno of same lvl in duel. she wasn't so tough as soon as i started attacking her. Simpple strategy: ignre her pet(was thorgrim brave) go for veno herself. She has 2 options: run (in which case possible DoT's like tiger's flesh ream, start effecting. This also causes you to run after her (tiger good for pursuit)=pet can't keep up which means it can't attack unless it's ranged.) or fight and face quick death at your hands. i dueled twice so it works
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    duels isnt pvp :P there are many differences
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok to answer to question about pvp. (note my lvl cuz difference might come huge at later lvls) i beat veno of same lvl in duel. she wasn't so tough as soon as i started attacking her. Simpple strategy: ignre her pet(was thorgrim brave) go for veno herself. She has 2 options: run (in which case possible DoT's like tiger's flesh ream, start effecting. This also causes you to run after her (tiger good for pursuit)=pet can't keep up which means it can't attack unless it's ranged.) or fight and face quick death at your hands. i dueled twice so it works

yeah...i sorta figured venos tend to run =P
    if not yeah i agree go for the veno
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • LonleyWolf - Sanctuary
    LonleyWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ther are 3 classes that every squade needs a cleric a barb and a veno
    barb can tank and dose damage
    cleric can heal and buff
    veno is a strong solo the can tank or pull in fbs
    never seen some one how need a wiz or an arc
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wizards and achers slaughter everything otherwise it will be a long battle. What "everything" refers to depends on the tank and if they have any form of selfcontrol. if yes, it will be quick and easy. If no then they had better have a backup plan, because all Hell is about to break loose.
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually a barb does pretty low damage. At my lvl I do like 3K max normal damage and my highest crit yet has been 7k.
    A wizard approaches something like 20K crits by now. An archer is like a wizard with a bit more survivability and a bit less (though still potent) damage.

Basically a barb is the king of HP and aggro. We aren't about dishing out damage, we are about taking damage. We keep the boss busy and let the other classes do their jobs; as follows:
    Wizards/archers are the main damage dealers. Wizzies can really nuke stuff and magic never misses. Archers have some ridiculous crits and gain damage form their high dex.
    Clerics are the healers and keep everyone alive (though FACs can do decent damage and debuffing too, but thats a waste of a cleric imho).
    Venos are lurers. They are what save you form engaging 50 mobs at once...after that they can do adequate magic damage themselves and their pets are added damage.
    BMs are the jacks of all trades and so forced to be masters of none. They deal more damage with less hp as compared to a barb. They are a added damage dealer and a backup tank, incase the party aggros more than one mob.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Drewki - Lost City
    Drewki - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well put Hazardus.
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the real answer has to come from a lost city player.

I'll quote a friend of mine, HeLium (lv 75+ Barb)
    BARBS ARE TANKS FFS!

LikeHazardous said (I hope I haven't mispelled his name), we're made to survive: if you're lucky, you might get your hands in some Mages, Clerics and Archers and that's about it (read Hazardous thread about the different classes in the first page).

I would only add: never mess with a BM, especially when you know they are good, they will just stun you and run away if they're lower leveled or just stun-lock-you to death. And never mess with a Barb, unless you want to waste your life (Barb fights are just useless: low damage output, high HP)

My current damage at level 41 is about 300~500, 1000 with abilities. That's the same of a Mage level 20, by that you can calculate that we are "the" heroes here and the most important class in TW (we carry the catapults)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kratos - Harshlands
    Kratos - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hi ima barb. i like barbs because they can be tigers(and i like tigers)! so i wanna know something about my favorite class. "where do barbarians stand as one of the six classes of pw?" I am curious because i think barbs could be the best class versus the other classes(in pvp) (please be sob:beg). well i wanna know what classes barbs beat and lose to.
    what would be nice:
    - reasons why they beat that class/ lose to that class
    EVEN better:
    - possible proof from real duels/pvp, if possible? b:thanks

to my experience on Lost City before i came to harshlands barbs can beat everything in duels/pk. I beat bms and barbs my own level even, it just depends on your strategy. Once you figure it out its quite simple actually
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

- Aristotle
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    barbs beat every thing just as every thing beats barbs. magic kills barbs dead any one or any thing that can kite you with magic is your executionor.
    barbs have very high hp and rather good attack how ever you trade a bit of one for the other ie in tiger form you with tank build you get a godly amount of hp (see my lvl i have 7k hp when buffed and in tiger 3) and in human you get base bm damage with twice the hp.

as far as our place in the game goes we are under every one holding them up. NOTHING KEEPS A CLERIC ALIVE LIKE A BARB PERIOD. and clerics keep the party alive. so that is your place. even damage barbs are still support as thier are back up tanks and extra DPers.

well how come i can take out wizards 10+ lvls higher then me? they are squishy so yeah they are still easy to kill
    p.s. FINALLY SOLOED FB 19 WITHOUT A CLERIC I CAN FINISH IT IN 2 HOURS OR LESS!! WOOOOO!!!
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Philly - Harshlands
    Philly - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    they cant DD, lack magic resistance, but they can outlast every other class in terms of shear vitality...end of story...
    Ur stupid end of story b:victory
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wenh93 wrote: »
    duels isnt pvp :P there are many differences

Duels IS PvP.
    PvP = player versus player or 1v1
    PK = player kill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    bottom line a tank build barb is just to be excluded from pvp. with a charm it take too much to kill us. unless they don't have a charm it is too much for us to kill them.

if you are a barb who build your self for pvp your target targets are robes. you will have hard time killing light armor cuz of thier dex. you will have a hard time killing heavy armor cuz of thier defence.

but if you are gonna go against a robe you need to bum rush em.

alot of effort for really little pay off imho
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.