Clerics in PvP

Teny - Heavens Tear
Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I've been wondering for a long time, how do clerics fair when it comes to PK and PvP?

I've fought some other people before, who were at low levels and I've always won, due to the fact that I can stack Ironheart and Plume Shell owns.

But now that I'm a higher level, I'm noticing that most people can kill me pretty darn fast, as I'm built mainly to deal for magic attacks, and the majority of people attack with physical related ones.

So how does a Cleric do in PvP, and what are some tips you have if I decide to start PvP'ing soon?
Post edited by Teny - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    clerics decline in the 60-88 level range, then when they get demon/sage spark everything changes.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    clerics decline in the 60-88 level range, then when they get demon/sage spark everything changes.

Very untrue. I have a 9x WB on MY and still destroy clerics like poking my finger in butter. So if you lose to a cleric, even after sage or demon fury, then get a stat reset scroll and rebuild, or buy armor with +8 vit. I'm level 56 atm with 121 vit 166 str and a base dex of 47. I solo 7x clerics like cake. I also solo most 6x barbarians. There are few who beat me and most who do have to get help. So because you get beat by a cleric does not mean it changes for everyone else.b:chuckle
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
    edited January 2009
    damn bro, youve got an ever bigger ego than i have? idk what kinda crappy clerics you got on MY but clerics will one hit you with spark and tempest endgame. heck, i got hit 8.4k no tempest or metal debuffs by an 89 cleric.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    So then, Clerics are useless in PvP? =S

That's so horrible, I've just been thinking it was due to me being a lowish level and my gears still being kinda crappy.

So then i have no choice but to grind up to like level 90 and get the demon/sage spark?
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So then, Clerics are useless in PvP? =S

That's so horrible, I've just been thinking it was due to me being a lowish level and my gears still being kinda crappy.

So then i have no choice but to grind up to like level 90 and get the demon/sage spark?

eps can hold there own on pvp before 90.
    edited January 2009
    oh, my bad teny, i was talking about my expiernces with clerics my level.clerics are actually a decent class for PvP, especially if you go LA. demon spark/sage spark amplify the **** out of their damage if its compounded on the metal debuffs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicc
    magicc Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    cleric's get killed way to easy now since the veno's got the bird its even easyer. we cleric have no chance now.! perfectworld has left our char out to dry. We want an protection skill "note we cant even heal our self """when we are getting attack soon as we get attack we heal our attacker these is got to be stopped. why do we want to heal our killer!!!! cleric need to stand togather let every other class heal them self for everything, as in dont help any class expt another cleric, let the other class suffer let them buy hp and mp charms.
    lets see who starts to cry now!!! all of my cleric friends are tired of the one hit kill from any class char on the game. please dont try thinking i'm a noob cause you could be put on the damned list if you want to be on it which means cleric in your PARTY! will leave you to do quests on your own!!
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    magicc wrote: »
    cleric's get killed way to easy now since the veno's got the bird its even easyer. we cleric have no chance now.! perfectworld has left our char out to dry. We want an protection skill "note we cant even heal our self """when we are getting attack soon as we get attack we heal our attacker these is got to be stopped. why do we want to heal our killer!!!! cleric need to stand togather let every other class heal them self for everything, as in dont help any class expt another cleric, let the other class suffer let them buy hp and mp charms.
    lets see who starts to cry now!!! all of my cleric friends are tired of the one hit kill from any class char on the game. please dont try thinking i'm a noob cause you could be put on the damned list if you want to be on it which means cleric in your PARTY! will leave you to do quests on your own!!
    can you uninstall?

thanks
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Clerics can actually do very well in PvP. You need to level your sleep (Chromatic Seal) and Plume Shell though, not to mention, use them wisely. The elemental and physical seals also help, but are not vital.

Though every situation is different, generally you can do well in 1v1 by sleeping the guy first, then stacking heals on yourself while he's slept. Debuff him, cast Plume Shell, and dps like ****. You'll still, most likely, die more than any other class in mass PvP though, simply because you're the prime target (if the other guild isn't composed of COMPLETE *******, anyways). Plus you're just squishy in general, when you're not spamhealing or in shell.

Really, the only way to get good at PvP is to actually go out and fight, even if you suck at it, don't have the skills leveled, no heiros, whatever.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, what exactly are the debuffs? I've read through the skills but since I'm trying to level up some stupid MP/HP regen rate buff I have no points to spare.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    magicc wrote: »

Astronomical WIN. He heals his freaking killers.
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, what exactly are the debuffs? I've read through the skills but since I'm trying to level up some stupid MP/HP regen rate buff I have no points to spare.

The debuffs are Elemental Seal and Dimensional Seal (level 19 and 29, respectively.) When maxed, Elemental reduces the target's magic defense by 30% and Dimensional reduces physical defense by 30%. However, each is a double-ended sword and also reduces your own values by 30%.
    You can get past this by purifying yourself after using them, or using only one debuff depending on what kind of attacks they'll be using on you.

I'd put points into the dubuffs long before regen. Regen is one of the weaker cleric skills and not worth the SP if you can't afford other skills.
  • Conce - Heavens Tear
    Conce - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Very untrue. I have a 9x WB on MY and still destroy clerics like poking my finger in butter. So if you lose to a cleric, even after sage or demon fury, then get a stat reset scroll and rebuild, or buy armor with +8 vit. I'm level 56 atm with 121 vit 166 str and a base dex of 47. I solo 7x clerics like cake. I also solo most 6x barbarians. There are few who beat me and most who do have to get help. So because you get beat by a cleric does not mean it changes for everyone else.b:chuckle

Damn dude...U need a clue...Like sticky said...what kind of clerics u pvp in MY??? cause seriously..i come from MY as well...and i have yet to see clerics being useless in pvp adn getting pwned by barbs..while the chances do go to barbs...they become useless once u get the barb to 60% hp and gte pwned by sparked and debuffed wield...so check ur sources...

oh and to the creator of the thread...get sum more hp and ull be fine...clerics pwn..specially if u can go full FAC and refine ur **** with real lyfe money...=)
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" Co7Vc3 <3 El Romance Letal <3 *Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands*
    edited January 2009
    barbs have the advantage in PvP, against any class. our outrageously high hp gives us such a big boost, even if we get caught off guard. and with demon/sage spark, we can dish out enough damage to take out ANY class, even fellow barbs. ( neifer hits 4k crits on me with sage spark.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryocean - Lost City
    Ryocean - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You'll still, most likely, die more than any other class in mass PvP though, simply because you're the prime target (if the other guild isn't composed of COMPLETE *******, anyways). Plus you're just squishy in general, when you're not spamhealing or in shell.

ROFL... I can just imagine a group in TW saying:"Don't attack the clerics! They're weak! We'll kill them later! We have have to kill the Barbarians and Warriors first!!!"
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well, alll TW teams will say: lets kill clerics cause as long as they live, we cant kill any other class easy. so thats the reason clerics will always go down first, not cause theyre hard or easy to kill.
  • ArsLaan - Heavens Tear
    ArsLaan - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hey Teny,, First I want you go to the Heavens tear ranking page : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/heaven_pvp

As you can see there are many clerics who are in top 50.
    It proves that clerics arent bad for pvp at all.

Guess what, around lvl 44 I was changing my main to a BM.

Coincidently, the day when i was moving to BM, i met Evenixus.
    He totally changed my mind. Showed me some cool tricks, how to KO other classes etc.

Another thing he told me was that, *clerics arent that strong before lvl 60*

So, go ahead, get a good armor and good weapon, practice duels first not PK,
    when ur sure ur good in duels , go for pk.

Duels are more difficult than pk bcoz u cannot surprise attack in duels lol.

Good Luck
  • Savannahh - Lost City
    Savannahh - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    "The debuffs are Elemental Seal and Dimensional Seal (level 19 and 29, respectively.) When maxed, Elemental reduces the target's magic defense by 30% and Dimensional reduces physical defense by 30%. However, each is a double-ended sword and also reduces your own values by 30%.
    You can get past this by purifying yourself after using them, or using only one debuff depending on what kind of attacks they'll be using on you."

** I am currently level 31 Human Blademaster and I have NO IDEA what any of the above means at all! Where is all this stuff listed and what it all means and how to use it? Where does it describe skills and equipment and all that? I feel more than a little lost....grrrrrrr......
  • Koroko - Sanctuary
    Koroko - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    know what noobs here is what you do
    max your sleep, seal, and debuffs

first choose a target
    sleep ---> debuff them --->purify yourself--->plume shell(if phys target)--->stack heal--> **** them off