Crimson Soulsmasher or TT80 xbows

firebreatherr
firebreatherr Posts: 28 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
Hey so im wondering which bow seems better for level 80..i thought i would get a soulsmasher, but became hesitant when i learned it wasn't resellable. So which bows do you think would be better for 80's and if you recommend the TT80's, which crossbow would you recommend?
Post edited by firebreatherr on

Comments

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hi,

I am not at that level yet, but just looking through the pwdatabase, I can tell you that the chained jail TT80 xbow will be a favourite.

The soulsmasher looks good and is much more costly than the chained jail. If you have the money, I would go TT80 gold bow (soulsmasher)

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: fixed typo.
  • Encliandra - Lost City
    Encliandra - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Gloom stacks with barb buff and spark, more than doubling your attack, and then, more than 20% of the time, it's a crit. Ouch.

It's better than the other weapons available in terms of damage, however, probably not enough to fully justify the extra cost to make it.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if u can afford it, go for 80 gold bow, take in mind u can never sell it again, like when u hit 90
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Go for Thundercrack as it leads to the only good 90 xbow. If u can afford it get a gold bow as it is best for pve and pvp at 8x AND get a thundercrack.

Never get a chained jail as u cant craft a 90 xbow from it other than a bad one which uses the most expensive and sought after gold 90hh mat. Therefore u will have to re-farm 60-80 to get a 90 xbow and with that money u might as well have got a gold bow.

Either way u need a thundercrack for 90 so make sure u have one.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Chained Jail > Thundercrack PvP and PvE, but you can't make anything with it at 90, so you might as well get it, + it up, put in some flawless gems in there, then sell it to someone at lvl 80. It's cheaper to make than thundercrack at 80, but you will have to use the money you sold it for to get a plain thundercrack for your 90 bow.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well i have soulsmasher and freakin love it, massive attackage
    i think it boils down for most people to how long you plan on spending in the 80s
    the people that are party grinding or doing fb all day and are shooting to 90 asap shouldnt get sloulsmasher prolly, if your not pushing yourself so dang much and more solo and such then i love soulsmasher, warning the 80s can be very long, the xp gets real crappy, and grinding kinda sucks, thats why i wanted and am very happy with what i spent on soulsmasher (which is about 50% more then it costs now as i got mine right before xmas/chip boxes)
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There is not that many people who can get the chain jail anyways (unless they get another tt70). Since i think most of the archers went for the dex xbow at 70. I am prob one of the few who have the chain jail. Got it cause of the extra stun (possibility) with regular shot. Gonna switch to a bow at 90, so there is really no down side for me to get it. And the +str of the stun xbow freed up some of my stat points to be put in to dex. So when it comes down to all, i am trading 1% crit for 12 dex points and chance of stun. 80+ archer with 70 base str points.
  • glooms
    glooms Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Does gloom have a chance of activating when you use skills? Or only when your doing normal attacks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    quite sure ive seen it activate on attack skills (never on buffs)
  • glooms
    edited February 2009
    So soulsmasher is bound to you once you equip it? :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firebreatherr
    edited February 2009
    yes it is bound and when you unbind it it is gone forever
  • glooms
    edited February 2009
    So I have to be the one who craft it? :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Question - Do I have to make the Soulsmasher myself inorder to use it (which would force me to level my blacksmith lvl up to whatever is necessary) OR can someone else with high BS make it for me and give it to me?

Basically, does it get bound when you make it... or when you equip it ?

Appreciate if you dont speculate on this one. :)

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • firebreatherr
    edited February 2009
    I have another question, with the chained jail, does the chance to stun only work with normal attacks or does it work with skills as well
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    all equipment is bound on EQUIP so you can upgrade/refine/socket/trade/sell it before its bound
    it also gives a lil warning when you create it that its bound on equip
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Aah.. thanks Mosz. I have no plans of lvling by blacksmithing. If I can get around making that much money ... i'll get someone else to make the Soulsmasher for me.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have another question, with the chained jail, does the chance to stun only work with normal attacks or does it work with skills as well

currently using a chain jail +4 the stun works on both normal n skills

and if i might say its kinda glitched cuz when i miss some times the stun procs b:victory

love to zhen in tw using it
  • glooms
    edited February 2009
    Does the stun happen enough to be effective in pvps? :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    stun shot -3 secs

if ya lucky ur next shot stuns yr opponent another 3 seconds

b:chuckle

but the stun doesnt proc that often
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Chained Jail > Thundercrack PvP and PvE, but you can't make anything with it at 90, so you might as well get it, + it up, put in some flawless gems in there, then sell it to someone at lvl 80. It's cheaper to make than thundercrack at 80, but you will have to use the money you sold it for to get a plain thundercrack for your 90 bow.

Chained jail is better for pve and pvp but not by much. Friends tell me the stun doesnt activate that often and thats the only thing worth noting between the 2. Its really just about money as even if u do sell ur stone and + chained for a thundercrack ur still losing money. U wont make back the money u used to + and stone it initially and u have to buy a new weapon anyway. So its really about money and how long u plan to spend at 8x. I jus didnt see it as worth it.
    Also chances are u will get a 88 molder xbow as they are relatively inexpensive(and the bow). So u really only have to wait till 88 for new weapon and u would still have ur thundercrack to break for 90hh.

(+0 88xbow give more pattack than +4 80hhxbow same with 88xbow to 90hh blinding radiance with radiance being +0 and 88 xbow being +4)
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama