Hungry Pet, needs hay?

Options
Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
Ok, I got this darn Phoenix and it's eating me out of house and home of HAY. What is the best way you folks found, to feed this awesome hungry bird? Surely you haven't bee swimming with the turtles getting your own HAY every day. It just don't drop enuf to feed this bird.
b:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will never do anything in this world without courage.
It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
~Aristotle
Post edited by Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't have a pheonix, but there's a cash shop item that makes it so that your pets never get hungry. You still have to feed them to increase their loyalty but after that you don't need to anymore.
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've heard rumors of a cash shop PET AUTO FEEDER, but I thought this was just something they were thinking about implimenting soon. Not something that was already out. TY, I'll go look to see if I can find this thing. I hope this is true! Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If this so-called "auto pet feeder" the arcane pet book, then I have some bad news for you.

The arcane pet book will cost you 2 gold (or 200k+ coins).

The arcane pet book expires 1 after week, regardless of whether you're online at all during that week or not.
    Retired b:bye
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Get an Xmas blessing. You get +1% crit, and it works liek the arcane pet book, but lasts forever. You have to buy it from players, and its probably about 1.5mil now.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The christmas blessing feeds your pet too besides adding +1 crit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've bought a few arcane pet feeders. Works pretty slick. I just got the Phoenix early this morning 6:00am, and now at 4:00pm I got it to level 24. I'm very pleased with how all of this worked out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The christmas blessing feeds your pet too besides adding +1 crit?

Yes it does. In fact there's something odd about the 'mystical tome' slot in general. Anything that is placed in that slot, will keep your pets feed. However up until the X-mas blessing, there wasnt any easy to obtain item for that slot. So, much later down the road, if you find yourself able to construct your own mystical tome at the forge in 1k streams, those will also have the side benefit of keeping your pets fed as well. On Heaven's Tear, people are still selling the x-mas blessing for 1 mil, so if you can find one, grab it, it will pay for itself in 5 weeks, and then you never have to worry about feeding your pets again unless they die.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Awesome knowledge you just passed on, thanks so very very much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • ryiah
    ryiah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It will keep the pet from getting hungry, but it won't increase the pet's loyalty. You'll still need to feed it to raise that. Thus whenever I see a phoenix in TW, I try to kill it rather than the owner just to make them have to buy more hay.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok since we on the subject, I got another small question.

Can somebody explain the pet loyalty thing a little? I been looking around, and can't seem to find an explanation of how this all works. Is loyalty of a pet shown on the pets middle yellow bar? And how does it effect your pets performance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok since we on the subject, I got another small question.

Can somebody explain the pet loyalty thing a little? I been looking around, and can't seem to find an explanation of how this all works. Is loyalty of a pet shown on the pets middle yellow bar? And how does it effect your pets performance?

Yes pet loyalty is in the middle yellow bar. You always want to keep it above half. At that point it gets 150% exp from kills and does 120% damage. The lower the loyalty the less exp gain and less damage.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ah thats how it works! Thanks Zoe b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Like they all said, X-mas blessing / arcane book etc for keeping it fat and happy, but I just wanted to add the phoenix doesn't just eat hay. It'll also eat fungus and ginseng just like herc will eat fine meat and martin's nest, not just meat.

I've actually seen fungus cheaper than hay just because hay is also for the pet bag expansion, but fungus actually gives more loyalty.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    redonyou wrote: »
    Like they all said, X-mas blessing / arcane book etc for keeping it fat and happy, but I just wanted to add the phoenix doesn't just eat hay. It'll also eat fungus and ginseng just like herc will eat fine meat and martin's nest, not just meat.

I've actually seen fungus cheaper than hay just because hay is also for the pet bag expansion, but fungus actually gives more loyalty.

Phoenix -cannot- eat fungus. Fungus is "greens" and Phoenix only eats "hay" type. It can however eat Wild Ginseng.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is there a list someplace where it says what certain mobs drop? I need hay badly to gain my phoenix's loyalty, and just hate having to buy it from kitty shops and auction house.

I know highland turtles drop hay, but I'd rather kill things that give decent XP if I gotta kill mass amounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Try killing Antilope Pups. They have a good droprate of hay and are level 30.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Woot u rock Zoe, ur fastly becomming my favorite Veno, well besides me that is.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ryiah wrote: »
    It will keep the pet from getting hungry, but it won't increase the pet's loyalty. You'll still need to feed it to raise that. Thus whenever I see a phoenix in TW, I try to kill it rather than the owner just to make them have to buy more hay.

SAME b:chuckle
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

0-50 loyalty: 60% base attack rating, 10% exp for kills
    51-150 loyalty: 80% base attack rating, 60% exp for kills
    151-500 loyalty: 100% base attack rating, 100% exp for kills
    501-999 loyalty: 120% base attack rating, 150% exp for kills

Here are the different hunger levels and how they affect loyalty increases:

Clear - Full - feeding gives 100% - 0 loyalty lost in 5 min
    Green - Satisfied - feeding gives 100% - 1 loyalty lost in 5 min
    Yellow - Peckish - feeding gives 90% - 5 loyalty lost in 5 min
    Pink - Hungry - feeding gives 80% - 15 loyalty lost in 5 min
    Pink - Hungry - feeding gives 80% - 15 loyalty lost in 5 min
    Red - Starving - feeding gives 60% - 50 loyalty lost in 5 min
    Red - Starving - feeding gives 60% - 50 loyalty lost in 5 min
    Dark Red - Famished - feeding gives 30% - 100 loyalty lost in 5 min

Every 5 minutes you don't feed your pet, it goes down one hunger level (Hungry and Starving are repeated). Every time you feed a pet, it goes up one color level (so Hungry and Starving are not repeated). Your best strategy for maintaining a pet at max loyalty with the minimum amount of food is to not feed it until it becomes pink. Sometimes when it goes from yellow to pink, other times after it's reached the 2nd pink. That's once every 15-20 minutes.

Also note that if you're going to feed the pet expensive food, first feed it water until it's green or clear to get 100% of the loyalty gain.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is there a list someplace where it says what certain mobs drop? I need hay badly to gain my phoenix's loyalty, and just hate having to buy it from kitty shops and auction house.

I know highland turtles drop hay, but I'd rather kill things that give decent XP if I gotta kill mass amounts.
    http://pwdatabase.com/pwi

Just type the name of the item you want into the search. It'll give you a list of mobs which drop it and their default and real drop rate. The number you want to use for comparison is the real drop rate, which takes into account the chance of none or multiple items dropping.
  • frenzi
    frenzi Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ryiah wrote: »

You don't have better things to be doing in TW? I know I do...