A archers grinding

Options
Mysticfear - Heavens Tear
Mysticfear - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
Hey all,

I just had this question what's a good way to grind for a level 42 archer? I killed those loftys they were alright but now I want to kill something higher level I tried Poison mobs but I found the effect they had on my charm was not worth the xp so im looking for something more rewarding xp and money wise.

Because on my cleric I just crazy stoned his levels never grinded and I regret that because he ended up lvl 49 without any cash >.>
So yeah what's a good thing for a level 42 archer to be grinding on?
Post edited by Mysticfear - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    dont grind.... im lvl 51 and havent run outa of quests yet.... help with FB's, finish your quests and do crazy stone...... i have like 7m atm and alot of legendary gear....... though i just wasted 5m recently on cube of fate -.-... dumb me
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Personally I kept grinding at lofties around Angler's village, up until 47ish. The drops were still okay, I made quite a bit of profit. And the spawn is good and they're easy to kill, so the exp per hour is still good. There aren't many good alternatives and vipions are rather irritating.

If you don't want to stay there for so long, check out the water northeast of Angler's or find any ground mob near your level.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Find a spot with ranged mobs (not DOT) and grind there. U have great protection against their attacks (winged shell). Grind there.
    And one more thing - always look for a cleric nearby the grinding spot and ask him to buff u. I always do it and don't feel necessity to use neither hp nor mp pots.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Fabiana - Lost City
    Fabiana - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    noooo.. u should go grind at melee mobs.. if u rely on ur winged shell all the time, u take 30 secs each cast and thats a long time. if u fight melee mobs, start of with frost arrow then wen he gets close use knockback.. only 2 skills needed and u only use mana pots. in events wer u miss a lot u still have thunderstrike. wenever u got a spark start off with an aimlow atk then frost.. easy kill ^_^ if u have great timing tho, u can still grind off ranged mobs and u cast knockback just b4 they atk u.. ther atk gets cancelled which means u can hit em til dead.. only archers worst enemy are MISSESb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ESPADA marshal
    lvl 7x~ Archer
    edited January 2009
    Options
    What are you trying to say? That grinding the most difficult to kill mobs is a good idea? Especially when u r just lvl 4*? b:question
    I am going to completely disagree with u on that point. Most of the melee mobs havе more hp than ranged mobs and some of them are pretty fast so...they get to u very quick although your frost arrow and knockback. And don't forget that u have lower phys than magic resistance and u will suffer great dmg from their hits.
    And u mentioned about the winged shell. Maybe u should try this:
    1st mob: winged shell -> take aim/ frost arrow -> 2 normal attacks -> knockback arrow -> normal attacks till dead

second mob: take aim - > normal attack - > knockback arrow - > winged shell - > normal attacks till dead.

third mob: take aim - > normal attack - > knockback arrow - > winged shell - > normal attacks till dead.

Try this and u will never have to wait winged shell to recharge. And if u have cleric's buffs- u will have to use neither mp nor hp pots, unless in emergency and unexpected situations.
    I will fight no more....
  • Fabiana - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    hmmm now that i think about it, mana gain for sheild is more that costs. It cut my pot costs by more than 50%! my new routine at 'my lvl mobs', range monsters winged shell>stunning arrow>normal til dead.. and u still have enough sheild to spare.. if ur sheild runs outs then use knockback to prevent HP dmg ^_^
    for melee mobs frost>2hits>frost again>knockback>normal til dead - u usually kill them b4 they die so ther ya go ^_^
    and btw, my chi never finishes, but if it does instead of using 2 frost, i use 1 frost and the other lightning strike >> insta chi caching!
    the routine is for ranged mob>melee>ranged>melee . . . ^_^
    mana consumption is very reasonable depending on the lvl of your winged shell but i usually take a pot at around 5 monsters.. its very good :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ESPADA marshal
    lvl 7x~ Archer
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    personal exp, if u really wanna just focus on killing mobs, the best bet are air mobs that is about the same lvl as u or 0-3 lvls lower or 0-3 lvls higher (depends on ur dmg)..since air mobs do give better exp than land ones...

Water mobs do also give better exp than land mobs, but the mobility of an archer underwater is not that good for grinding (specially when mobs suddenly pops right besides u)...

as far as i can remember...

lvl 56-60 (or even up to 65),
    ---foxwing supremes in lost city or in etherblade (non aggro types)

higher lvl are base on ur def and on where do u feel more 'safe' grinding....
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, supremes are quite easy to kill and die very fast. b:victory
    I will fight no more....
  • General_Tso - Sanctuary
    General_Tso - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    , mana - u usually kill them b4 they die so ther ya go ^_^
    :)

That is awesome advice! b:laugh

Why didn't I think of that? b:shocked
  • Bigdudeman - Sanctuary
    Bigdudeman - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have a 33 archer and my points are dex 118 -str 35-vit 17 mag 25 is this good way to go if u can tell me what should do to improve the killing can u help me ty all
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have a 33 archer and my points are dex 118 -str 35-vit 17 mag 25 is this good way to go if u can tell me what should do to improve the killing can u help me ty all

str should be 37 for armor /wep
    no vit no magic
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    grinding the eiternal question lol b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Fabiana - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ---foxwing supremes in lost city or in etherblade (non aggro types)

they are nowb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ESPADA marshal
    lvl 7x~ Archer
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    noooo.. u should go grind at melee mobs.. if u rely on ur winged shell all the time, u take 30 secs each cast and thats a long time. if u fight melee mobs, start of with frost arrow then wen he gets close use knockback.. only 2 skills needed and u only use mana pots. in events wer u miss a lot u still have thunderstrike. wenever u got a spark start off with an aimlow atk then frost.. easy kill ^_^ if u have great timing tho, u can still grind off ranged mobs and u cast knockback just b4 they atk u.. ther atk gets cancelled which means u can hit em til dead.. only archers worst enemy are MISSESb:shocked

no... ranged mobs you dont even need a skill and they are easy to kill.... all you do is click and in a few regularn shots they will be DEAD b:angry
  • Sonic_Arrow - Sanctuary
    Sonic_Arrow - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In my personal experience, I think the best mobs to grind against are....well mobs who are of Metal element and ranged. "skeleton guys" metal, because all you need is just fire buff (10 minutes of advantage) then just Winged shell (personal fav)> Take aim/stunshot > normal until dead. You don't even need cleric buffs, at the cost of a 0-2 level lower healing pot you'd get from a drop killing the mobs, and mana pots ? I don't even need 'em really. At level 40+ the pots would be condensed/perfect/small health. though I don't grind as much as for xp, but for money. b:laugh
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    quests r still doing it for me, but i grind to top off when im about to lvl. do u guys grind mobs that r ur lvl or some lvls below urs? (say, at lvl 40 do i keep w/ torgirns or...?)
  • Sonic_Arrow - Sanctuary
    Sonic_Arrow - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    quests r still doing it for me, but i grind to top off when im about to lvl. do u guys grind mobs that r ur lvl or some lvls below urs? (say, at lvl 40 do i keep w/ torgirns or...?)
    I grind mobs that names are white colored to me (2 levels higher / lower ) best and safest xp, I also tested soloing mobs who are 7+ levels higher then I am. Only to learn i get maybe 3 more xp, so just stick with mobs with white names, and you'll get the best xp benifit.