Sage or Demon?

Options
Draginx - Lost City
Draginx - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
I know I have a long way to go, but I was curious to know what clerics took into consideration when choosing which path to go down.

One thing I noticed though, the Demon version of Ironheart Blessing and Celestial Guardian's Seal both give you more MP back then it takes to cast the spell. So basicly, spam a spell to get full MP at no cost? Seems kinda broken.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
I buff, heal, and revive for free. ^-^
Post edited by Draginx - Lost City on

Comments

• ZadirZex - Lost City
    ZadirZex - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The mana cost for the demon version goes up to 400 mana per cast, so the net cost is only 100.

I do have a question about Demon Plume Shot.

Ecatomb's site says "Demon version reduces both channel and cooldown times to 1.2 seconds." The cooldown is already 1 second, so "reduced to 1.2 seconds" doesn't make sense. What's the actual effect of demon plume shot?
  • Vestrial - Sanctuary
    Vestrial - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The mana cost for the demon version goes up to 400 mana per cast, so the net cost is only 100.

That is assuming you cast Ironheart Blessing on yourself? Or does the caster regains 300 mana, too?

Ecatomb's site says "Demon version reduces both channel and cooldown times to 1.2 seconds." The cooldown is already 1 second, so "reduced to 1.2 seconds" doesn't make sense. What's the actual effect of demon plume shot?

According to pwdatabase Channel and Cooldown are reduced by 0.3 seconds.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/9644
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    That is assuming you cast Ironheart Blessing on yourself? Or does the caster regains 300 mana, too?
    Only target.
    Typo on ecatomb.

Tip when using ecatomb: check other game versions, they have different wording of things (usually broken english), but that help understanding your skills.
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    One of the spells (forgot which one) actually does give more mp than it costs. But its only like 200 mp more that you'd have to wait 15 seconds to get so I guess it could be used. But meditating would be faster.
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Looking at ecatomb, I notice I'm preferring the Demon effect over the Sage effect for nearly every skill! Is this just my personal preference, mid-level ignorance or is Demon version really much better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It seems that Demaon is really based more for the FA type Clerics and Sage for the FS type Clerics. I would like to hear some feed back on this from some high level clerics that have made the choice to see if I am correct in this assumption.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What are the demon and saga spells? You get them through some sort of item?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nah demon ftw
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If your pure 100% support cleric that doesn't attack, basically a vit build, built to heal your party, go sage. If your hybrid or full mag, demon. Demon skills are far better for attacking for cleric.
  • DarkSmoke - Lost City
    DarkSmoke - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agreed, demon ftw!b:laugh
    DarkSmoke: lvl 100 Cleric
    Faction: Nagare
    Lost City Server

''Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal''
    -2pac-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]