Gotta love those instances

Jahlynn - Sanctuary
Jahlynn - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
In the 5 seconds it took you to click this post, I just did that really cool instance dungeon.

b:surrender

Now, not that I am complaining - I would never try to place logic on someone else's game, but... damn, why bother having these "FB" dungeons when they can be run through with the same XP, spirit, rep (AND SPAM) in less time than it takes to actually get TO the dungeon?

If someone has made sense out of this, let me know. Also, WTH is "FB" anyway and why is everyone asking for wine at 59? I can maybe understand wine at 69... b:chuckle

Too bad too. Most people, I would figure - based on previous dungeon crawl instances in MMOs I have been in - may actually like to not get blitzed through, but eh, no biggie I guess.

Jahlynn
Post edited by Jahlynn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If your talking about a FB being too fast that means your going with high levels, You want it to be a challenge go with a group your level. It will be a real dungeon crawl. People wanting wine is because they want to run through fast, Faster FB = quicker exp. gain and ready for another run. 69 can be done without wine also just takes alot longer.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fb stands for fuben, Chinese for dungeon I think?

In seriousness...
    fb59 requires no enemies inside so there's no need to fight your way through them. Since fb59 is like an hour even wined, imagine fighting through tons of monsters on every boss path.

<3 69
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jahlynn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Tried. No luck, everyone wants to be rushed through, since they really do not get any less xp, spirit, etc even if they go with 5 lvl 100s.

Eh, no biggie, just saying could be cool to do if everyone did not get tons of xp no matter their lvl.

Jahlynn
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Heh.. don't worry. They get harder. A lot harder. And a lot lot longer.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Heh.. don't worry. They get harder. A lot harder. And a lot lot longer.

And don't go and point out the innuendo. It was accidental. Honest.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Skid_Mark - Lost City
    Skid_Mark - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wine or no wine. 69 is fun both ways
  • Jahlynn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    And don't go and point out the innuendo. It was accidental. Honest.

Obviously an innuendo to my wine for 69. b:chuckle

Heh. Anyway - great game, having fun with my little witch.

By the way, female wizards are witches - not wizards. Sexists.

Jahlynn
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    witches and wizzards are a whole different ballgame :P just like a sorcerer isnt a wizard and neither is a spellsinger XD

back to topic. FB's are not fast, only 19 and 29. from 39 up you are always looking at 45mins-2hours depending on party. Unless of course u get a group of lvl 80's to run it for you.

I wholeheartedly agree with the wine gripe, if it was up to me I'd vote they totally remove wine from the game alltogether. Or you only get to make it once a week lol.
    Ppl dont seem to realise that "grinding" inside a FB and grinding outside is the same thing, except iniside the FB u get WAY more exp. and you have lots of support and kill fast (if you have a proper lurer and the party doesnt totally suck)
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Without wine these FBs, 59 69 etc will take 3 1/2 to 5 hours. Even with a high party. People will not go help if thats going to be your time commitment every time. Lots of people don't even play that long in a given day. Then to get 50-80k exp for 4 or 5 hours of work is hardly something that is appealing, meanwhile you got 0 done of your own quests or goals in that time. Wine makes it so people will and can help.
    b:bye
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Tried. No luck, everyone wants to be rushed through, since they really do not get any less xp, spirit, etc even if they go with 5 lvl 100s.

Eh, no biggie, just saying could be cool to do if everyone did not get tons of xp no matter their lvl.

Jahlynn

trust me, if it were designed like that u'd be waiting all week to find people to go.

honestly, can u imagine a party of lvl 19's together doing their fb19? it would be hard enough to find 5 other people who need it at the same time as u, let alone the right classes to keep the party alive.

the way its designed now benifits both high and low levels.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wine or no wine. 69 is fun both ways

*Points out this innuendo instead of fuzzles*

:D
  • ZadirZex - Lost City
    ZadirZex - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    When I was brand new to the game, my girlfriend, a friend of ours and myself did the Untamed FB19. I was a level 20 barb, girlfriend a level 20 veno and our friend was a level 22 cleric. We were all new, so we didn't know veno's could lure. I did learn very quickly to hit each mob so it wouldn't aggro the cleric. It was REAAAALLLY slow going and any triple aggro usually resulted in 1 death or a wipe. We finally got to the boss after a few hours and I figured "Meh, I'm a barb, I can tank him with some heals I guess...Although, he does look really big!". Boom, I die in 2 seconds.

So we go back after the party wipe (long run mind you). This time I grab aggro of the boss and spam all my health pots/potions while the veno and cleric tried to kill the 2 regular mobs near him. Again, we knew nothing of luring. They got the 2 mobs down as I dropped dead. I rezzed and I figured, ok, I can tank just the boss right? I get hit 3 times and am near death, so I start running. So here I am running around in circles with the boss chasing me. I have the veno and cleric attacking the boss while I run around in circles around the two of them. I flesh ream every so often to keep aggro. Veno and cleric keep running out of mana, so they stop to meditate while I am running around it circles. It was hilarious. We were all on vent laughing our butts off. I was yelling "I am the greatest tank in the world! He can't even touch me!!" and we were laughing at the AI. The boss chased me around for 40 minutes until we finally killed him.

And that's pretty much the only FB experience that really sticks with me. Every other FB I've ever done for myself or with others has been with high levels and it pretty much just goes smoothly. So if you really want to have fun, grab some people your level and go for it. You learn a lot about the game aggro mechanics and your role in a party by slogging through an FB the old fashioned way. And just remember all you tanks out there...just because you run around in circles for 40 minutes screaming "Please don't kill me", if the boss dies and none of your party does...you did a good job!
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009

<3 69

AMEN.

(post too short)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2009