Installation corrution

Options
natureb01
natureb01 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I just finished downloading the 4 separate file for PW.
When i run the setup I get this error
CRC failed in 'PW_International\pack1.pck'. File is broken

I need some support on how to fix this. But, i dont want to redownload the file...

I use WinRAR.
Post edited by natureb01 on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ryuuzaki has an unofficial but very fast method for fixing corrupt files or incomplete downloads.

His Alternative Method for Corrupt Files using Direct Download (with a quick tweak for the changes to the installer) can save you a lot of time :
    Rename the Perfect World International.exe file to Perfect_World_International.exe

Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Download the torrent controller and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where you want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.exe file is located (should be my Documents\Downloads), and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    That method, unfortunately, only works for the single unit files. If there's an error during the multi-part files downloads, your best bet is to redownload them. There are ways to force extraction, but they usually cause more problems than they solve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I didn't know that sorry and thanks gattsuru.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • natureb01
    natureb01 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I tried 3 hours to make the file work but it doesnt install. Keeps having error and corrution...
    SO i just deleted all the PWs files...

Should i download Direct download with 1 file(2.4G)

Or bit torrent?

I dont want to mess up the downloads again -_-. I wasted 1 whole day try to do this.

Is it worth it...
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The MMOFury mirror has the multi-part downloads, and you may have better success there.

If that's not viable, I'd recommend the torrent method. With a robust torrent client like utorrent, you get automatic error correction and detection, as well as a very strong pause/resume download feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • indrago
    indrago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I had this same problem when I DL'ed direct. I'm trying the torrent now. Someone might want to look into fixing the corrupted files and get them situated.

Getting discurraged before one even gets a chance to play, doesn't bode well for community advancement.
    When life gives you lemons...throw them back at those SOB's!!
  • aryannamage
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Those files are alright on the server side. Problem is during the download if it gets disrupted due to a connection issue some files will get corrupted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakarr
    drakarr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I downloaded the game via direct from the site..kept getting file broken/corrupt error..so tried doing the 4 seperate aprt download...same error message..tried the bit-torrent...same errors..even tried to copy the game from my wife's system onto mine...same problem...tried the CD you can send for...all that got me was a corruption during update...now nothing works with PW that doesn't give a corrupt/broken file error...and I'm hearing this happens to many players...any ideas?
    ESO: Celtar {Rouge}
    PWI: Celtar {Archer}
    JD: Celtar {Lupin}
  • gattsuru
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Drakarr, please update any WinRAR or 7-zip installations on your machine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakarr
    drakarr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I downloaded the most current WinRAR and 7 zip...still get a corrupt file via direct download..and via seperate download...

I tried to use the CD sent to me via PWI..and it even states that Data pck 1, 2, 3, 4 are "Broken" and to redownload the file(s)..but then I endup redownloading files that have already proven to give a corrupt error message..anyother ideas?
    ESO: Celtar {Rouge}
    PWI: Celtar {Archer}
    JD: Celtar {Lupin}
This discussion has been closed.