What's better Sage or Demon?

Taurzo - Lost City
Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Wizard
I'm just a level 22 but I'm wanting to get my information about this as detailed as possible so I can make the best possible choice when I finally reach level 89. So i just want to see what experienced players think and why so I can figure out which side I will choose.
Post edited by Taurzo - Lost City on

Comments

• Xnonameherex - Heavens Tear
    Xnonameherex - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    from what ive read people who are more towards pve generally go sage while pvp and tw people generally go demon . but i have read some high level demons in pve love it regardless .
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think you got that backwards. PvE is generally Demon and PvP/TW is Sage. Here is a pretty big discussion on the whole thing.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=165731
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm just a level 22 but I'm wanting to get my information about this as detailed as possible so I can make the best possible choice when I finally reach level 89. So i just want to see what experienced players think and why so I can figure out which side I will choose.

as soon as possible? I can tell you it is a LONG way from lvl 22 to 89...
    But I have heard that sage = chi, and demon = more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    as soon as possible? I can tell you it is a LONG way from lvl 22 to 89...
    But I have heard that sage = chi, and demon = more damage.

Well yeah asap because I'm going to build my character around that decision. So Sage is better in PvP While Demon is more PvE ?
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i seldom have problems with chi, so im going the hell path, my 2 cents
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Well yeah asap because I'm going to build my character around that decision. So Sage is better in PvP While Demon is more PvE ?

You can't build your mage around sage or demon at lvl 22. You'll need atleast the lvl 59 spells (3 ultimates, essential sutra) to decide which is best for you. Just go for the skills that are best for you (read the PVP guide by Pandora). Lvl Sandstorm as you get it, max your 3 starter spells, and think this whole thing over when you are lvl 60. Only thing you should decide now is if you wanna go Light or Pure... And to get some information about that, again read pandora's guide. (There's also a small paragraph about Sage/Demon there!).

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    You can't build your mage around sage or demon at lvl 22. You'll need atleast the lvl 59 spells (3 ultimates, essential sutra) to decide which is best for you. Just go for the skills that are best for you (read the PVP guide by Pandora). Lvl Sandstorm as you get it, max your 3 starter spells, and think this whole thing over when you are lvl 60. Only thing you should decide now is if you wanna go Light or Pure... And to get some information about that, again read pandora's guide. (There's also a small paragraph about Sage/Demon there!).

Good luck.

Allright Just got done reading that guide by Pandora. It was extremely insightful. I figure I"m going to go Light. I'll worry about Sage/Demon when the time comes. However, I was confused on one thing.... At lvl 60 she said we have to chose one spell book or something like that and not to chose earth, what is she talking about when she states this?
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I think she talks about the 3 ultimates. For fire, is is Blade Tempest, for water the Dragon and for earth Mountain seize. It are skills you can buy, and they are very powerful and very expensive. Because of that it is better to choose one of the 3 to begin with, and she recommend that you do not choose the earth one, because it does the less damage of the 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dont think about sage/demon so early...you might never reach that lvl
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I don't know about you, but I've sinned way too damn much to go anywhere but Hell ;)

Besides, it's way too early to be statting. We're too infantile at this stage. I just keep all my stats balanced and am going to revise when I get all growed up.
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I think she talks about the 3 ultimates. For fire, is is Blade Tempest, for water the Dragon and for earth Mountain seize. It are skills you can buy, and they are very powerful and very expensive. Because of that it is better to choose one of the 3 to begin with, and she recommend that you do not choose the earth one, because it does the less damage of the 3.

OH ok. Sorry for asking such stupid questions. You have really helped me out. And I'm gonna try my hardest to get all the way up to level cap. Also I am debating on sage/demon still I want whichever will be better for PvP. However, like you said, we are to low of level to be worrying about such things so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
This discussion has been closed.