What are these game events I keep seeing?

Options
Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Ok I been playing PW for a little over a week now. I keep seeing things about Love in Archosaur, some race, yesterday in Archosaur there was some sort of monster right in the middle of town, that ppl were fighting all day, lol. Can anyone just explain a little what all these events are all about please?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will never do anything in this world without courage.
It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
~Aristotle
Post edited by Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The race is a level 40(?) event. Like the name implies, it's a race. At the specified times you can talk to the big cub by the adventure assistants to enter.
    The Nien beast is the special spring event. It's level 40 to get involved. You set off fireworks to scare it off.

Love in Archosaur I have no idea about, and so far as I know no one else has any idea either.
    At least, no one I've asked ingame knows about it, and no one has responded to the many forum threads about it, so I'd be tempted to say it's another bugged event like the Scarlet Arena.
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    Lukasti - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Some info on the Scarlet Arena
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=172631
    Don't go to the Arena by fb39, you can't enter it from there.

The race is for lvl 60+ just like the swimming event every Tuesday.
    Both the race and the swim event are for lvl 60+. You have to qualify for the race in order to participate in the actual race.

More info on the Spring Event is here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=174221
  • Tibursjach - Heavens Tear
    Tibursjach - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    for the love in archosaur there is a small guide in these forums at

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=178142

it's still incomplete... but has the basic info
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You guys rock, thanks much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • jemima
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Some info on the Scarlet Arena
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=172631
    Don't go to the Arena by fb39, you can't enter it from there.

The race is for lvl 60+ just like the swimming event every Tuesday.
    Both the race and the swim event are for lvl 60+. You have to qualify for the race in order to participate in the actual race.

More info on the Spring Event is here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=174221
    Pretty sure you can race before 60.
  • Warmaiden - Lost City
    Warmaiden - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ^^

The Bikini Race is only for 60+.
  • jemima
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Isn't the bikini event Dragon Temple? I.e. the swimming event (I think) he was talking about.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well to be honest I was kinda wondering about it all. I been looking around, and didn't see any announcement or explanation of what this was all about, or what was going on.

As far as that monster in Arch thats been there for a couple days. I'd love to know the reason for him being there. I can only assume, there must be some story behind it all.

I love the game, and just trying to figure out it's lore, and whats going on with all the various events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • jemima
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not only is there a reason behind it, but that reason is in an announcement at the top of this forum, and in the second post in this thread, and linked to in the third post, which is also quoted in the sixth post.
  • Torvald - Heavens Tear
    Torvald - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so does anyone actually know what time the snake island race starts or when u can sign up for it?
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm in and out of the cube all day so I just happen to find the race when it's time for it. . .

Right now my computer is broken and I can't get on PWI, otherwise I could prally find out for you.

Perhaps you can world chat it and someone will tell you. I know people that might know, but they are on a different server.

You have to be 60+ to race, as far as I know. I sure hope it's 60+ 'cause I took a TT squad to the race and the lvl 59s stayed behind. . .
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so does anyone actually know what time the snake island race starts or when u can sign up for it?

The race starts twice a day. I am only ever on for one of those at 9:30 PM server time (5:30 AM GMT). I think the other one is at 1:30 PM server time, but am not sure. You can enter the race up to 10 minutes before start time by talking to any Adventure Assistant. You may be limited to one race per day per character. You do not need a mount to enter. Once in the race area, you can talk to the starter to get more detailed rules and an explanation of the obstacles. When you have completed three laps, you can try to get one of the five chests that contain invitations to the monthly race (which seems to currently be inactive). Whether you win or not, you get 5K experience and a badge of speed for finishing. You exit the race area on Snake Island no matter where you started.
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And you don't need to be lvl 60 for the Snake Island race. I'm only 56 and i've been doing it for the past few days. I did it once when i was level 40, but i think a bug let me in then, since only one other person was there (but i got a monthly qualifier for it!).
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A guildie told me you can do the race at 40+.

The monthly race is active, but you have to win the qualifier to be in the actual race.

Do the race as much as you can because even if you lose then you'll get a badge of speed.
  • Torvald - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what time is server time? eastern, central, or western standard american time?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what time is server time? eastern, central, or western standard american time?

*points to bottom of page*
  • Torvald - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol thanks (slaps forhead)