Shapeshifting intensity

Gratora - Sanctuary
Gratora - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Barbarian
any1 noticed that shapeshifting intensity has typo? it says "increases damage in tiger form" in skill tree but says "increases defence by x% at tiger form" once u got the skill. which 1 is true? i seem to be doing lot more dmg at tiger form but def goes up too. so which one is it? And IF it is def upgrade, wy am i doing more dmg in tiger form?
Post edited by Gratora - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I didn't notice!!! I will look at it next time. Anyway, it increases your defence. It adds x% based on your equipement.

About the damage in tigerform, that sounds really weird to me ... You must be the first barb ever to say that. Maybe it's because you haven't updated your humanoide skills, which means that you do more damage just thanks to the add on damage from the skills. It could also just be the fact that you don't look at the time it takes to kill a mob, but that you look at your healtbar. Indeed, thanks to the increased hp and def, you lose less hp on a single kill in tigerform.
    I suggest you attack the same mob in tiger and humanoide, without using skills. Then you'll see if you really do more damage in tiger. (although I seriously doubt that)
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It increases defence. Its a typo in skill tree. And I think the skills bugged.

At lvl10 I should get a 60% pdef increase but only end up getting like 40%.

For more details go here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148511
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Gratora - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    thx for all answers now i know exactly what it increases. But Tawarwraith, i mean basic hit dmg without skills. humanoid does about 100-200 per hit(with 2 hit attack of course dmg is half so total dmg is still between 100-200) tiger does 150-400 dmg per hit. but by spark erruption and devour, it can spike to well over 600. something my humanoid can't do(tiger crits with those skills are over 1k) anyways thx for posting. if u wanna keep conversation on about tiger dmg or something presented in this topic, go for it i check atleast daily.b:victory
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    i mean basic hit dmg without skills.

That's what I understood, and that's what I find so weird. The 2 options I wrote down are the only ways I can imagen a humanoides attack to be lower than a tigers attack.
    I'll try next time to see if the same thing happens with my barb. b:pleased
    I'll let you know. I also look at the new posts almost daily. It's a huge source of information and paradoxes. It makes me check on things like this, something I would never do if it weren't for your post.b:victory
    We might even see eachother online, since we're both on sanctuary ... I'll try to wisper you ingame so we can check it outb:victory
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I got your mail Gratora and I tried wisper you online, since you seem to be the luckiest barb in the game. I checked it out, and for me damage in tiger is lower than in humanoide, just as it should be.

I tested on the dual-bladed centipox (just a random mob at the north gate where I was at that moment). In humanoide I did 600 to about 800 a hit (average of about 700), and in tiger that was 450 to 600 (average of about 525). This is about correct with the skill description. I have trueform lvl2, so damage must be reduced by 35% on weapons value. If I check on that, knowing I have +60 phys attack from rings.
    (700-60) x 0.65 = 416 then re-add 60, which means 476. Knowing I use dual axes, this isn't to far from the 525 I observed. I also might have forgotten another damage bonus.

Anyway, you're really lucky with your barb!!!
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If its a bug, I wanna catch it...lol b:chuckle

But really it seems rather odd. Btw are you using the poison fang buff? That adds damage in tigerform only.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Gratora - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Ok did bit more research and found out that humanoid has more unstable dmg output. so tiger actually does bit less dmg but at more stable rate. 150-250dmg at tiger form. same in humanoid but occasional 300dmg(no crit). I got lvl 1 tiger form for damages sake but 80% of total possible dmg is still quite the loss. doesn't seem to bother though. just won duel against other barb and veno few days earlier. and at that time i didn't use poison fang but i do now^^ maybe my barb should brush his teethXD

Oh and Tawarwaith, when r u online? never caught you on whisper. could u tell ur time in GMT. i'm GMT+2 (finland). Oh and kinda funny to hear that i am lucky cuz if i didn't hav bad luck, i wouldn't hav luck at all. Maybe i'm lucky at barb.(Gotta play barb next time i try lottery)
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I'm in France, not sure but it should be about 1 h earlier then in Finland. However, I don't really have regular playing times. I have weird time schedules, so that should be the problem.

The fact that the damage is more stable is logical: Weapons give a lower an uper damage cap. If you multiply both by a number (0.8), the size of the gap will also be multiplied by that same number (0.8). That's the reason I don't bother with hammers, the gap from the axes is reduced to 65% (lvl2 trueform) of its original number.