Blademasters in PVP

freeto
freeto Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I've made a blademaster after trying to level my cleric and see my money just kind of drain away from the amount of pots I use after level 30...needed a alt to get more money. Anyways!

I've noticed that some blademasters own in PVP, others just simply fail in it. I've been on my Cleric in the "Secret Passage" and had some PKing experiences of my own. Personally I've seen 2-3 Blademasters drop me so fast my head spun, and I'm just sitting here wondering.

How good are they in PVP?

My blademaster I think will be excellent in PVP after awhile. Hes going to be a Polearm Blademaster, and follow along that path after level 29. I'm dumping in some more dex and vit that way he can keep up with Life and still hit really well. However...I've seen other blademasters that get owned by MONSTERS that are 20 levels lower than her/him. And it looked fairly embarrassing to me.

What is your Strategy on your Blademaster when you want to PK?

I haven't gotten to level 30 yet but I know one strategy is to stun lock your opponent, however...I don't see where that will work against magic classes. We all get Roar of Pride, if that can be used to stun enough to get 2 hits in, we may be able to kill a magic class of maybe..5 levels higher than us. But thats a rough estimate....and risky...not to sure how that would go. I know that Polearms get some semi-ranged attacks after level 30, "Far Strike" I believe one of them is, and I'm kind of thinking about that one to reach out and deal external damage to those magic Classes.

Anyways...this post is dragging on and I could rant about this for awhile...whats your views, strategies, and experiences with PVP on a Blademaster?
Post edited by freeto on

Comments

• Tieulan - Lost City
    Tieulan - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    freeto wrote: »
    I've made a blademaster after trying to level my cleric and see my money just kind of drain away from the amount of pots I use after level 30...needed a alt to get more money. Anyways!

I've noticed that some blademasters own in PVP, others just simply fail in it. I've been on my Cleric in the "Secret Passage" and had some PKing experiences of my own. Personally I've seen 2-3 Blademasters drop me so fast my head spun, and I'm just sitting here wondering.

How good are they in PVP?

My blademaster I think will be excellent in PVP after awhile. Hes going to be a Polearm Blademaster, and follow along that path after level 29. I'm dumping in some more dex and vit that way he can keep up with Life and still hit really well. However...I've seen other blademasters that get owned by MONSTERS that are 20 levels lower than her/him. And it looked fairly embarrassing to me.

What is your Strategy on your Blademaster when you want to PK?

I haven't gotten to level 30 yet but I know one strategy is to stun lock your opponent, however...I don't see where that will work against magic classes. We all get Roar of Pride, if that can be used to stun enough to get 2 hits in, we may be able to kill a magic class of maybe..5 levels higher than us. But thats a rough estimate....and risky...not to sure how that would go. I know that Polearms get some semi-ranged attacks after level 30, "Far Strike" I believe one of them is, and I'm kind of thinking about that one to reach out and deal external damage to those magic Classes.

Anyways...this post is dragging on and I could rant about this for awhile...whats your views, strategies, and experiences with PVP on a Blademaster?
    Deity's favorite:

Maximum Spark, Heaven's Flame (level 10), Roar of pride (level 10) Ocean's Edge(level 10) on your target

then Cloud Sprint(level 10),
    You have 15 seconds to find the nearest safezone.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    HAHa.. that was funny stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bm basically own in pvp especially when they are light armor axe Bms. with the right skills on a cleric that are 10 lvl's higher in pvp they can deal about 1-2 k of damage with the AOE skill. so yeah they can own....
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blademasters are quite skilled in PVP. I know the stun doesn't seem all that great at lower levels, but stun locking is VERY important as you progress.

Here are a few reasons why blademasters PWN:

1) Stun-locking. Not only can you let your own charm cool down, you also PREVENT THE ENEMY FROM RUNNING AWAY. Needless to say, it provides you enough time to skill spam and deal enough damage to hopefully kill squishies on the spot.

2) Speed boosters and anti-stun/freeze buff. Blademasters are undoubtedly one of the fastest ground units, probably second only to the barbarian. The speed buff provides you enough time to catch up to people running from you. I have seen with my own eyes a level 7x BM chase down a cleric who was riding a RAPTOR, stun-locking the cleric, and then killing him.

3) Skill combo. BMs have a heavy arsenal of damage skills, so they'll never run out of skills to use. Not to mention that spear and sword bms have a nice set of range skills. They channel and cast at a fast speed as well.

4) Sutras. The Alter marrow skills can provide a temporary but stable defense against both Physical and Magical attacks.

These are just a few of the main pros of a BM in PVP.

Again, stunlocking seems rather useless if you don't have enough of them, but as you experience more PK, you'll find that most classes would prefer to fight a bm from a distance. Stunlocking is pretty much the only good way to stop this.
  • Lidell - Lost City
    Lidell - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Light armor Axe Warrior.. lol

Dex build axe WR are nice for a while, but high vit Axe WR do much better. Either way vs a wizard or cleric you're better off just using heavy, LA doesn't really give you the MRes you're thinking it does, they'd still destroy you. But with higher vit you have enough HP to tank a couple hits and get in to stun them, at which point a good Axe WR can turn the battle to his control.
  • Kebralt - Lost City
    Kebralt - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    from my experiences they arnt that good. im a lvl 54 barbarian and i pked a lvl59 BM. it was quite easy. i just kept usin my stun move so he couldnt attack or move then i just hit him with all i had.
  • OoOKainOoo - Heavens Tear
    OoOKainOoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Bladers are good at pvp but they aren't the best end game charcters for pking.

When a Barb and a blader fights the fight almost seems endless. After a barb matsers all his skills after 89+ its almost impossible for a blader to beat a skilled barb. Also another class is very strong at endgame -mages. 80+ mages can 1-3 blader atleast 5 lvls on top of them so light armour doesnt really do much.

Enjoy bladers til endgame thats when the underated classes shine.b:bye
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Deity's favorite:

Maximum Spark, Heaven's Flame (level 10), Roar of pride (level 10) Ocean's Edge(level 10) on your target

then Cloud Sprint(level 10),
    You have 15 seconds to find the nearest safezone.

lol that is not comepletely true though , Dietys skills that u said will kill who ever and ahh he has pro gear so ofcourse he is good at pvp and ya we BMs do need to run to safe after a kill os so cuz if two magics get on us we die if not close enough to kill and ahhh cbastor=not defending Diety just saying...
  • Xwinterfresh - Heavens Tear
    Xwinterfresh - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Haha funny stuff BMs dont shine til end game...
  • Almon - Lost City
    Almon - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It all really depends on the build, obviously... Kebralt says he butchered a BM higher lvl than him, but nomatter what build you use, you'll have at least one weakness. I'm guessing that Bm had low dex. A high dex blademaster can own barbs as long as you keep their str and vit at an at least decent amount. Once you get your stuns, you can make fights against barbs look easy. I'm not saying you want an archers dex, but you'll want good accuracy and evasion. Str is also important, but you probably already know that. As far as vit goes... don't worry too much about it until the mid-levels. Just add some here and there, eventually it all adds up. Also... if you don't agree with my idea, which I know some people won't, then do what I do... Duel people and learn from your losses. After every loss, think of how many times you hit as opposed to the times you missed, also adapt to the way they fight and learn how to counter it. If you pay attention, a LOT of people fight the same. Lvl your roar and aerolian blade, they'll definitely come in handy. Anyways, I'm done with my rambling. Hope this comes in handy for ya. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message, and I'll answer the best I can.
    Sad enough to say, alone we can barely light a match, but together we can burn this place down
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You stand corrected. I beat BMs higher levels than me that are dex builds. Also as for PvP/PK/TW Anti-Stun pots make BMs pathetic excuses for PvP. Barbarians after 80 are practically indestructable, and theres only one way for us to beat mages way higher levels than us, though that is my personal secret and wont be told here. Only good thing they are good for in my opinion is stunlock in TW. Other than that there are counter pots for everything they can think of. Therefore HP > All.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You stand corrected. I beat BMs higher levels than me that are dex builds. Also as for PvP/PK/TW Anti-Stun pots make BMs pathetic excuses for PvP. Barbarians after 80 are practically indestructable, and theres only one way for us to beat mages way higher levels than us, though that is my personal secret and wont be told here. Only good thing they are good for in my opinion is stunlock in TW. Other than that there are counter pots for everything they can think of. Therefore HP > All.

he has a point about the hp>all ...thats why i like barbs in pvp they dont go down b:laugh
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thank you for understanding Cbastor. Plan on seeing you in BLT soon.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • Almon - Lost City
    Almon - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You may have beaten higher lvl BMs, but HP isn't gonna beat everything. Even without a stun-lock, we're well rounded fighters. But don't bother lvling Tiger Maw... GARBAGE skill.
    Sad enough to say, alone we can barely light a match, but together we can burn this place down
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well built Barbs are unable to be taken down 1 vs 1 after 80+ except by veno with pheonix. 10k hp omg they just have too much life. Im talking about with heiro and pk not some frilly duel. Barbs can be taken 1 vs 1 at 1-70. The 71-79 range is a gray area. BM and Barb most the time if its 1 vs 1 at 80-88 range lvls its just gonna be a charm drain pk match until 89+ where you get ur demon or sage sparks.